Lawrence

First of all, I wish to thank:

- The Klei forum, for support;
- Simplex ( sample tech branch);
- Debugman18;
- HG Irontaco;

- Dontstarver.wiki;
and especially
my friend Malacath, for a lot of help he gave me, to make my hard-head understand a lot of scripting things.

KNOWN ISSUES:

Some times, something like 100+ items (?!) appearing on the ground, causing the game to lag.

The cause of this thing is not known, I tried many things to fix it but unsuccessfully.

If someone knows what could be the cause and wants to help, I will be grateful to him... Thanks ^_^"

ELINOR DESCRIPTION

Elinor by Lawrence Caustic Sorrow

Download from Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=226257125

Download from Klei: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/465-character-elinor/

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

** Klei Forums, Malacath, HG Irontaco, Debugman18, Simplex**

PLEASE ATTENTION:

This mod modify a lof ot the gameplay, it could be very difficultto play the first times;

This mod overwrites shadowcreatures, birds, rabbits and other stuff; I scripted in a way (I HOPE) that wouldn't do errors, if played with other characters, but I recommand you to play this one with no other mods activated, expecially the ones that modifies the things written above... Thanks;

This mod contain creepy moments.

If the mod freezes on LOAD or INGAME, try to put the TUNING.ELIZ_TREES to FALSE. You can find that line in (mod)/scripts/tuning.eliz.lua --> second line

Character description:

TO DO:

- Modify sanity loss time;
- Find a way to hide skirt when equipping a dress;
- Modify the "can't equip" check.

I will do that later... I need some rest from scripting :-)

TWO VIDEOS OF THE MOD

Review (from Jar Dev)

Trailer:

DESCRIPTION:

Elinor has a Mental Disease, her sanity always goes down.
She have two personalities: sane and insane.

When SANE:

- Animals are not scared by her;
- She can kiss animals: each kiss result in a bit of sanity or an item drop;
- She restore more hunger from vegetables;
- Can build: Heart Shaped Gem, Heart Amulet, Love Staff, Bird Gun, Bouquet, Clothes (pink, silver, gold, wedding).

When INSANE:

- Animals are scared;
- Cannot kiss animals;
- She deals a bit more damage;
- She's a bit slower;
- She have more hallucinations;
- She is chased by ghosts;
- Can build: Tragical Mistery Tool, Pain Tripper, Slaugh Me Do, Here Comes The Gun, Ob La Di Ob La BURN, Revolution 8, Tomorrow Never Comes.

ITEM DESCRIPTION:

SANE ITEMS:

Clothes: slows down the sanity loss.

Heart Shaped Gem: Ingredient.

Love Staff: stops enemies and occasionally make them drop an item;

Heart Amulet: slows down hunger and influence kisses;

Bouquet: boomerang weapon, if used against bees, it stops them and spawn a flower;

Bird Gun: turns enemies into birds.

INSANE ITEMS:

Tragical Mistery Tool: corrupted research machine.

Slaugh Me Do: A Chainsaw. Does heavy damage and can cut trees with only one hit;

Here Comes The Gun: shotgun. Deals a big damage if the target is near. Need to reload after every attack (you can do it quick by unequip and equip again)

Ob La Di Ob La BURN: Sniper, ignite the target when killed.

Revolution 8: poisoned cake. Give it to a pig or a rabbit and see what happens.

Tomorrow Never Comes: a blue candle that lights a wide area. Attract threats and can absorb the health of them.

OTHER ITEMS:

Medicine and Strong Medicine: Stops the sanity loss for a time;

Wedding Memories: Only one suggestion: use it FAR from your CAMP!

Hi all!

Just a quick question here. I am playing with Elinor and I am loving it so far, but it seems like everytime I reach a certain point on the map, my game freezes and shuts down. Is this just me?

I don't think it's the mod, I just want to know if anyone else has had this issue, and if they can help me fix it.

Thanks!

I'm playing as Elinor, and I love her so far! Although, every time I hit a certain area of the map, my game crashes. Does anyone else have this problem? 

I suppose I can try another map, but I just wanted to ask first.

Whoops. My first post wasn't coming up, so I posted again. Sorry!

I'm playing as Elinor, and I love her so far! Although, every time I hit a certain area of the map, my game crashes. Does anyone else have this problem? 

I suppose I can try another map, but I just wanted to ask first.

Whoops. My first post wasn't coming up, so I posted again. Sorry!

First of all I recommend you to deactivate any other mod you have, because Elinor changes a lot of things inside; also you should try to edit the "tuning_eliz.lua" in    (folder)/scripts, the second line should be TUNING.ELIZ_TREES; try to put it false... (it's for deactivating the trees sprites when she's on insanity)

I managed to play 6 days in a row without the slowing-down issue, so I think that problem is fixed.

Anyway it still freeze on loading, I'm gonna modify things until this will be solved... But if anyone can help I will appreciate...

For some reason I can't select Elinor in the character selection when I start a new game. It was working fine before and then one day I tried to make a new game and she was gone.

I have tried disabling and re-enabling the mod many times, deleting it, re-downloading Elinor mod, disabling all other mods, starting a new game with a default character and deleting it, running don't starve in admin mode. I can't think of anything else to try.

My log file is empty, I'm using the steam version, win 7 x64.

I can't think of what would cause this.

• Developer

Here's some info about why you won't be able to play a character mod right now: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/31865-known-issue-feb-26th-mods-are-currently-not-working-properly/

It's nothing to do with the mod, it's due to an update that we released earlier today. We'll be releasing a hotfix before too long (along with a fix for the empty log file!).

UPDATE: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/31849-dont-starve-update-notes-feb-26-2014/#entry419646

Archived