Welcome to the island of undecided Biome

SO I was walking about my world this fine evening and was mapping it all out so I could choose a suitable place to live. After days of in game exploring I knew that my world was very large indeed. But it was late into my explorations when I came across an island that was something of an oddity. I first thought it strange when I saw a small patch of swampland not big enough to build three structures in, just sitting amidst a green grass area. That was nothing compared to what I would Soon find, entire sections full of every terrain type overlapping each other, (picture below)

I thought it rather peculiar and something I should share with my fellow starvers.

post-3171-13764589502346_thumb.jpg

Yep this happened quite alot to me too on my current map. I even had a patch of swamp nearby that it might have all fit in 1 screenshot. This might be a coincidence but it didnt happen b4 the nov27 patch for me.

Edited by NeedPants

Yep this happened quite alot to me too on my current map. I even had a patch of swamp nearby that it might have all fit in 1 screenshot. This might be a coincidence but it didnt happen b4 the nov27 patch for me.

Funny, you can both have some of my swampland if you like. I have 2 areas just above where my camp is that area just big enough for 3 ponds in one and 2 in the other (in the one with 3, 2 of them are virtually touching), and neither of those areas have any tentacles that I can find, even though I hear them. I have another area of swamp though that take up my entire third island, with a very small patch, about the size of one screen, in the middle that is just brown earth with a path through it. Other than this tiny patch the WHOLE ISLAND is swamp, with tentacles so close together I have no chance of fighting them to get the spotted skin patch from them or the tentacle weapon they drop sometimes.

This problem has only occurred since the last update

w0bbl3r try recruiting a few pigs by feeding them meat and get them to tank the tentacles that are close together. Else try just chopping down tons of trees till a treeguard spawns on you. Bait him into the swamp and let him do the dirty work, he will lose aggro on u if he gets hit by a tentacle. Both are viable options the way the game works atm.

I get this every time i create a new world! i didn't now that this was rare. I thought it would be another "biome". so you would have to choose between living in a biome specific for certain resources (but many of them) or choose to live in these mixed biomes and have all resources but less of them.