Dreams

I had this idea a few days ago, when I woke up and I remembered the dream I had just made.

When do you dream ?

You can dream when you sleep when there's no moon (about 20% to dream). The dream last one in-game day, and then you wake up, but if you die in the dream, you wake up with less sanity.

What is it ?

When you dream, you spawn in a small world, generated like Adventure Mode (never the same world but always the same things), with your stuff. You can't loose sanity (and hunger ?), but you can still loose HP.

You can gather ressources in your dreams, and if you survive until the end of the dream, you gain a bit of the gathered ressources, but if you die, you gain nothing.

There are 3 kinds of dreams, depending on your sanity BEFORE you sleep :

-Sanity: 100% to 81%:    the good dream: There's no ennemies or a very small amount, eternal day, lot of ressources such as flowers, rabbit, etc. Summer

-Sanity: 80% to 21%:      the odd dream: Eternal dusk, a medium amount of easy and medium ennemies (spiders, etc.), ressources droped by these mobs, plus ressources harder to get (idk what). Summer or rarely winter.

-Sanity: 20% to 0%:      the nightmare: Eternal night, medium and hard mobs, hard ressources (thulecite,etc.), rarely bosses. Winter most of the time.

It's a good thing they'll be coming in to make sure nothing explodes, because we're close to exploding. Can't stop laughing..

I like the idea, but I think it would have to be fleshed out a bit more, and I don't quite like the idea of bringing physical objects back from your dreams. Some ideas.

• Good dream: Very relaxing. Takes place from whenever you fell asleep to whenever you wake up. You start sleepwalking, able to see in the dark and perform various tasks like managing your food supply, chopping trees, etc.
  • Odd dream: Similar to the good dream, but Hallucinations will follow you around.
  • The Nightmare: Unique Hallucination boss-mob chases you around. You won't wake up either until you defeat him or a full in-game day has passed. Killing this boss nets you a full Sanity meter and heaps of Nightmare Fuel, possibly gems. 

It's a good thing they'll be coming in to make sure nothing explodes, because we're close to exploding. Can't stop laughing..

I like the idea, but I think it would have to be fleshed out a bit more, and I don't quite like the idea of bringing physical objects back from your dreams. Some ideas.

• Good dream: Very relaxing. Takes place from whenever you fell asleep to whenever you wake up. You start sleepwalking, able to see in the dark and perform various tasks like managing your food supply, chopping trees, etc.
  • Odd dream: Similar to the good dream, but Hallucinations will follow you around.
  • The Nightmare: Unique Hallucination boss-mob chases you around. You won't wake up either until you defeat him or a full in-game day has passed. Killing this boss nets you a full Sanity meter and heaps of Nightmare Fuel, possibly gems. 

So for, you, it's more like somnambulism ? I like this idea. But about the physical objects, it's just a small amount.

So for, you, it's more like somnambulism ? I like this idea. But about the physical objects, it's just a small amount.

Still, it doesn't seem like something that should be possible. There'd still be benefits to my somnambulism (with better rewards the lower your Sanity becomes). I just want something realistic, which is why I'd rather be fighting a twenty foot tall monster made of translucent shadows than bringing in carrots from nowhere!

Also, having to fight boss monsters in eternal Night seems a bit overkill when the flipside is just taking a stroll through an eternal Day meadow.

Still, it doesn't seem like something that should be possible. There'd still be benefits to my somnambulism (with better rewards the lower your Sanity becomes). I just want something realistic, which is why I'd rather be fighting a twenty foot tall monster made of translucent shadows than bringing in carrots from nowhere!

Also, having to fight boss monsters in eternal Night seems a bit overkill when the flipside is just taking a stroll through an eternal Day meadow.

Yeah, you're right. But about the possible things, if you find a place like DS world, call me ;)

THE MONSTER MUST LOOK LIKE THE BEAST IN PART 3 OF WILLIAM VS WILLIAM.

I like this idea. It's a little sub-game which can grant you some benefits but can leave you with some depression, too.

On my List for modding :).. sadly this list is getting quite longer and longer.

Archived