The Essence of Souls [Open, PM me for bio submission]

Blewcheese

Clara went into shear panic, so terrified that she couldn't even make herself scream. Still blinded by the lure, she saw nothing, but heard J speak, the sound of the lure being severed, and the feeling of starting to fall very quickly. That man was completely mad! Was he trying to get her killed!?

(Phase one, Quiet. Calm down.)

Austin began shouting in terror as they fell, struggling. The shadow bonds, however, held tight, and begun to expand around the group.

Meanwhile, J leapt from the worm at Clara, his spidery limbs extending towards her.

(You're doing fine. Those shoes aren't that big. Get it? Because he's a beetle. And beetles wear tiny shoes.)

J's shadowy limbs brought him to the lure, and his arachnid body began releasing small, web like shadowy threads around Clara.

Meanwhile, the shadow bindings continued growing larger. Take a deep breath...

Soon enough Clara too was completely enclosed and protected. And good thing, too, because they landed on the ground shortly after. The shadow barrier seemed to catch the allies, and slowly opened once they were safely on the ground. Meanwhile, the worm began writhing and screaming out in pain.

Clara forcefully pulls one hand at a time out of the detached lure and crawls away from it. She would be shaking right now, if she had mussels, but she wasn't, which she would be grateful for if she wasn't recovering. Here, showing weakness ment death. So she sat stil, giving herself a moment to pull herself together.

Oxryklne fell out gasping and crawled a little bit aways. He stopped and caught his breath.

(SEE!? That's why I'm nervous about controlling Oxryklne. I can't do his brand of puns.)

It's not long before Clara stands up and speaks in her typical even toned voice.

"So now do we have to get the sun out from inside it, or is it's lure the sun? If it is the lure, I might have broken the sun."

(I've been pronouncing it Ox-ree-clean)

The worm continued coughing, and sparks began flying out of its mouth. More came out over time, and eventually a cone of flame erupted from the gaping jaw of the Depths Worm. Luckily, it wasn't aiming at the group, but it then decided to, rather comically, flop somewhat like a fish in an attempt to point his jaw at his foes.