The Call of the Abyss

Silentdarkness1

Alex pressed her ear against the tree, she could hear them, they weren't gossiping about her and Clarice which was a relief, Clarice gestured for her to come back, Alex sighed and mouthed "two minutes" before turning back to listen, when she thought she had heard enough, she crept back to where Clarice was and sat down, pretending to mind her own business, She whispered, "they weren't be gossips, they were talking about some plan which involved William's niece," She knew it was bad to ease drop but she didn't like getting talked about behind her back either.

"Oh...I....I see. I can understand.....poor girl....she doesn't deserve to be stuck in this hellish place."

"If....it's all the same to you, i'd prefer to wait. Wouldn't want Them to get too suspicious by discussing it too early."

Edited by Silentdarkness1

Alex nodded and continues, "Yeah, I see where you're getting that, when Jaquel.....borrowed my body...he saw my thoughts, my history, my life......I got glimpses of his, Apparently he was some kind of.....court jester, some sort of entertainment, anyway, the thing is, I saw some of those demon things from that book, you know the one William has on him at all times, somehow Jaquel knows these....things and I intend to get a thing or two out of him," Alex said looking occasionally at Jaquel, suddenly his body jolted and he slowly woke up, "morning,wait it I stv morning," Jaquel said looking at the sky, Alex looked at him and sighed shaking her head, "Morning to you too, Jaq, I can call you Jaq right, Jaquel's too much of a mouthful," She said to him, He nodded.

Alex smiled at Chris, "When you don't have a lot of friends, well any for that case, it gets a little lonely, I used to read and pretend I was in the story like I was the hero, I studied so I could move out of my fathers dingy apartment and get as far away from him was humanely possible, being smart was my only option." She said occasionally looking down at the ground, Jaquel looked at her, "Wow, that was kind of depressing, seriously you should go to a psychiatrist about that," She threw him a glance.