Great free games

Neosaurus

I saw Simplex's "Are You Sure About That Statement" post and thought, hey I want games, I don't have money, so the instant solution was to ask the devlish kind souls of the Klei community. Yay! Games for Android as well please, as I got a new phone :D

Digital: A Love Story. "A computer mystery/romance set five minutes into the future of 1988". I would describe it as a textual visual-novel type game, and figuring how to advance can get a bit tedious at times, but the set-up and story are well-worth experiencing.

If you're into horror JRPGs: (In order of most worth to least, IMO)

Ib, The Witch's House, Hello? Hell... o? and The Crooked Man.

Another RPG that I enjoyed, Star-Stealing Prince. :-) (~10 hours MINIMUM. Has some grinding, but the overall feel of the game handles itself really well.)

Edit: Oh, and TF2.

Digital: A Love Story. "A computer mystery/romance set five minutes into the future of 1988". I would describe it as a textual visual-novel type game, and figuring how to advance can get a bit tedious at times, but the set-up and story are well-worth experiencing.

If you're into horror JRPGs: (In order of most worth to least, IMO)

Ib, The Witch's House, Hello? Hell... o? and The Crooked Man.

Another RPG that I enjoyed, Star-Stealing Prince. :-)

OOOoh I'll be busy then :)

I enjoy Red Rogue a lot its a pretty decend Roguelike (better said its the sequel to the original rogue)

http://www.redrogue.net/

another one i found pretty cool is the fangame Mushroom Kingdom Fusion. Basicly a mashup between Mario, Zelda; Metroid and many other Nintendo franchises

http://fusionfangaming.spriters-resource.com/mushroom-kingdom-fusion/

I remember playing Bloons TD3 on the school laptops. those were the days....

I used to play Indiana Jones and his Desktop Adventures so much. OTL

(It's abandonware, so it is a free game now.)

Edit: A few more.

Orisinal - Collection of really small but addictive flash games.

Nitrome.com - More flash games. Has local multiplayer for a lot of it.

Osu! - Rhythm game. If you like Beatmania, you may enjoy this; has 4 game modes in total.

Knytt Stories - Endearing 2D platformer, with a level editor and pleasant stories. Some are a little trying, but just sort them by World Size and/or Difficulty. :-) A lot of exploring, so if you dislike backtracking a lot, wouldn't recommend this. If you enjoy atmospheric platforming, this could be fun.

Wither - Indie RPG, non-linear exploration game. (~1 hour)

Oh, hey, I've actually played that!

Anyway, I don't know what kinds of games you like, but I would recommend Cave Story. It's a sort of platformer/shooter/metroidvania with some RPG elements. You explore caves, find upgrades, fight bosses, and gradually uncover the history of the is- I mean, cave system you find yourself in. Oh, and there are multiple endings too. I'm probably selling it short here, but I really don't want to spoil anything.

It's actually where my current avatar is from.

Oh yeah, thought I'd throw this out, if you're into those Castaway Wilderness simulator type games, then there's always Stranded 2. It's a wilderness survival game that's actually pretty fun. There's a story mode and a sandbox kinda mode. The game is kinda old and the graphics aren't the best, but it's alot of fun.

Here's the link to their website:

http://www.strandedonline.de/index.php?s1s2

P.S There's also Stranded 1, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Oh yeah, thought I'd throw this out, if you're into those Castaway Wilderness simulator type games, then there's always Stranded 2. It's a wilderness survival game that's actually pretty fun. There's a story mode and a sandbox kinda mode. The game is kinda old and the graphics aren't the best, but it's alot of fun.

Here's the link to their website:

http://www.strandedonline.de/index.php?s1s2

P.S There's also Stranded 1, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Looks promising

The original freeware release of Spelunky is one of my favorite games out there. It's a challenging procedurally-generated roguelike/platformer hybrid. You'll die quickly and often when you're new at the game, but as you learn more about the mechanics, you'll progress deeper into the caves. You can enable and bind controllers through the config utility that comes with the game if you don't want to play with a keyboard.

If you enjoy it, I highly recommend the HD remake that you can find on Steam/PSN/XBLA/GOG (I recommend the Steam version because it has the daily challenge mode. The PSN version is set to get the daily challenge mode eventually, but it's unlikely that XBLA/GOG will ever get it) once you can afford it, as it's more polished overall and has a bunch of new content.

Just saw that Dungeonland on steam went F2P

Can't tell if the F2P model is good but the game itself was pretty fun if you got a full party of people (3 players and 1 dungeon maestro)

Sadly the game sufferd from low sales and a quickly vanishing playerbase but for what it was it was a lot of fun

Just saw that Dungeonland on steam went F2P

Can't tell if the F2P model is good but the game itself was pretty fun if you got a full party of people (3 players and 1 dungeon maestro)

Sadly the game sufferd from low sales and a quickly vanishing playerbase but for what it was it was a lot of fun

Buut. I paid for that?

Do I get anything special? 

Archived