Pig house? other then that, i can't think of anything.

Yep. Hire them to kill each other. Sometimes in the chaos of things they'll accidentally hit each other and spark an even larger conflict. As a result they drop lots of meat that you can collect without worrying about scavengers, since they'll be preoccupied with fighting. That's a pretty reliable meat generator if you want one.

Yep. Hire them to kill each other. Sometimes in the chaos of things they'll accidentally hit each other and spark an even larger conflict. As a result they drop lots of meat that you can collect without worrying about scavengers, since they'll be preoccupied with fighting. That's a pretty reliable meat generator if you want one.

Interesting, i'd love to do that except for the fact that the world im currently in doesn't seem to have a pig village anywhere >.<

In what way is that methed hard? Meat (aside from morsels) can be dangerous to get, and if you set up by a savanna or a pig village, its not hard to get manure. the gears for a icebox can be hard to get, but are generally not. just find a grave and dig them up or find the base thing and use the rhino guy to kill bishops and horses. and despite the fact that graves drain sanity, its really not hard to find flowers.

It requires a more lot of work to set up farms. You need to go to the swamp to get reeeds, kill spiders for silk and find gold just to make the bird cage. Not to mention you have to waste a lot of berries just to get the needed manure now that Beefalo don't mass produce it. And rocks to mae farms that would be better spent on crockpots. Maybe "hard" was not the right word, but it's a lot more time consuming and less rewarding.

it is technically more difficult (but not that hard IMHO, if just going to pick reeds and nothing else) for the bird cage. But gathering 8 reeds is not too bad.

However, farms now became more of a hassle (as noted) with the slow manure Beefalo drop/finding and sometimes where that &**(&(* village hides for feeding berries/flowers to more quickly produce manure  (tried a new game and yep, got the same luck as Blazingice26 early on.)

Of course you can feed to a stray pig house or two, but if you have a large stack or stacks to do so, this takes a long long long time (and with the multiple farms and 1 manure needed for each transplanted grass and berry bush, it is a pain unless you have a village-sized input now, or build your own pig houses.)

Well, im on day 23 in my wendy world now, hitting the first winter, i've got 5 bacon and eggs stockpiled in my icebox, but i doubt that will last the whole winter, any ideas for some food-gathering? im thinking about going into the swamp to see what i can find (That and i really need a tentacle spike)

Well, im on day 23 in my wendy world now, hitting the first winter, i've got 5 bacon and eggs stockpiled in my icebox, but i doubt that will last the whole winter, any ideas for some food-gathering? im thinking about going into the swamp to see what i can find (That and i really need a tentacle spike)

You need to set up that Spider Farm... Also Koalefants, never forget about Koalefants. 

If you have honey or morsels that's a plus.

Also, what's all this nonsense about beefal

You need to set up that Spider Farm... Also Koalefants, never forget about Koalefants. 

If you have honey or morsels that's a plus.

At the moment im growing a tier 3 spider den, and hoping to hell abigail doesn't kill it later when im going woodchopping around that area, i do have 3 traps set up around the savannah so i should have a few morsels over the days, i also forgot about the two meaty stews i had on the crockpots, so i should be good for the rest of winter, as long as deerclops doesn't decide to come along and HULK SMASH! it all away.

Also, whats all this about beefallo not mass-producing manure? i did a woodchopping run and just walking along the way there i found around 26 manure

At the moment im growing a tier 3 spider den, and hoping to hell abigail doesn't kill it later when im going woodchopping around that area, i do have 3 traps set up around the savannah so i should have a few morsels over the days, i also forgot about the two meaty stews i had on the crockpots, so i should be good for the rest of winter, as long as deerclops doesn't decide to come along and HULK SMASH! it all away.

Also, whats all this about beefallo not mass-producing manure? i did a woodchopping run and just walking along the way there i found around 26 manure

Oh remember to destroy 3rd tier dens before they turn into Queens, unless you have a way to deal with them quickly.

And haven't checked about manure lately, myself so I don't know. Are you on the latest version of the game?

Oh remember to destroy 3rd tier dens before they turn into Queens, unless you have a way to deal with them quickly.

And haven't checked about manure lately, myself so I don't know. Are you on the latest version of the game?

Yeah, have you updated to All's Well that Maxwell? Since Six Feet Under (I think,) it really lowered the drop rate of Beefalo Manure unless you have a mod that does otherwise.

Well, there goes that world. i was traveling by night and didnt realize i was walking straight into a deathtrap of tentacles, R.I.P wendy Day 1 - Day 24

RIP Wendy :(

Yeah, have you updated to All's Well that Maxwell? Since Six Feet Under (I think,) it really lowered the drop rate of Beefalo Manure unless you have a mod that does otherwise.

Yea, im on maxwell, it might just be stockpiled up where i haven't collected it in a few days though

Just get a ton of pigs. Or clockworks. Or Bunnymen (use debugspawn to get them on the surface). Find a group of beefalos. Attack, but run when you click. They should provide meat, pig tails, horns, and hair.

I would do this except for the fact that beefalo are apparently so precious and few i can't afford to let many die until a few mating seasons

I have so much meat (on demand) that it ends up rotting....

Let's see:

~60 traps (4 x 15 bunny holes), plus 7 coffers filled with living rabbits

~40 traps on a large lake area (~12 lakes in same area which all spawn frogs, also planted 2 lureplants nearby to keep them in check)

~40 beefalos spread into a savanah near my camp, always closest group gets sacrificed on my tooth trap carpet when I need meat, then I use a beefalo horn to pull another group in previous one location (also wool fulfills all my fire combustible needs, but I also have huge stocks of manure - both from surface dwellers and bats alike, charcoal, grass, twigs, turds etc).

~ 20 bird traps with seed baits away from neighboring piggy village (which is at the bottom of my base)

~6 spider dens which I recycle as soon as they reach level 3, still taking almost daily walks in the dusk / night with Abigail and pull all spiders (which makes me nr.1 Silk / glands exporter in DS universe ^_^) giving me loads of monster meat.

-Dogs coming every 3 days and giving me more monster meat - Also killing all depth worms every 3 days which also gives me lots of monster meat

-Hunting koelafant at least every 2-3 days

-Killing deerclops as soon as they make their presence known

-Going every 3 days at walrus camp during winter, again loads of monster meat, some meats, loads of walrus tusk, walking canes and Tam O'shanters

-fishing every 2-3 days ~40-50 fishes from pools because I love fish ^_^

-even more monster meats from the ongoing mega war in the swamps (I admit I was the strategist behind it) between several tier 3 dens, tentacles, and fish peoples.

So you could say I can't possible run out of meat outside of a world cataclysm like a meteorite shower, sun turning into a super nova or alien invasion :-)

I don't remember if this was posted in this thread yet...

Bunny men and spider dens. Just collect the meat in the mornings, cook it and feed the cooked monster meat to a bird for eggs. Eggs + honey = honey nuggets.

The honey is collected before winter and will keep the whole way through in a icebox. You grab the meat every morning. Done and done.

Archived