Optimus Pine times Two!

I finally managed to get a game to last more than 50 days, and I was cutting down some trees in a small area that I have designated for it -- I try not to let the trees grow too large, just as a small way to hopefully stave off Optimus Pine. But as I was cutting down some of the trees TWO tree guards popped up at once!

I managed to appease them by planting four pinecones as I was running around in the dark.

Wknf6.jpg?3

27B46.jpg?1

So, lucky for me they don't jump up if you put a campfire right next to them!

vxVi2.jpg?1

RgRUE.jpg?1

My question is: Why the heck do they drop MEAT of all things when they die? That's just.....creepy.

Psh, I've had 4 treeguards running around at once before. Every morning the pigs would wake up and attack them, then get absolutely slaughtered, while I, being responsible for starting the war, just ran around gathering the pig meat and skins. Rinse and repeat.

Eventually the pigs won, through repeated suicide attacks whittling down the treeguards' health. Then I looted the logs they dropped upon death :p

The meat comes from inside the logs. It's what makes the treegaurd 'go'!

Ah! The trees have muscle! I suppose that makes sense.... still....that's kind of creepy XD

It's a bloody walking tree and you're wondering why it drops a piece of meat xD!

It's a game, not everything has a reason :p

No, not everything has a reason, but if there is one I sure love to know 'em! Especially weird things like that :D

Pure speculation, but I've always assumed it's squirrel meat... :)

This would be a plausible idea! (If Kevin didn't just say it was Ent Muscles!)

Psh, I've had 4 treeguards running around at once before. Every morning the pigs would wake up and attack them, then get absolutely slaughtered, while I, being responsible for starting the war, just ran around gathering the pig meat and skins. Rinse and repeat.

Eventually the pigs won, through repeated suicide attacks whittling down the treeguards' health. Then I looted the logs they dropped upon death :p

OH GOD. That's brilliant. I'm based right by two semi-large pig villages to the north and east of me. I think next time I'll lead them up there instead of burning things....

The real question is -- does treeguard meat count against a vegetarian run?

well...technically it's tree-meat, right?

I love my personnal ent.

HOW in the world did you manage that? Was it the Pan Flute?

HOW in the world did you manage that? Was it the Pan Flute?

I didnt do anything. I cut a tree and 2 treeguards spawned. One of them seemed pissed and wanted to fight but the other one is a nice guy. We have been neighbours for a few week now. I'd like to help him but it seems so introverted.