Straw Roll vs Fur Roll vs Tent

Straw Roll vs Fur Roll vs Tent  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better? Bed roll, Fur roll, or the Tent?

Remember that topic I made about wishing I never read the wiki? xD

I never see a point to sleeping... I got things to do in the night, like catching fireflies or wiping out hordes of spiders. (it's so much faster to clear the forest when they ALL run at you at the same time xD and I let teh dens stay there so I have something to do the next night.)

Restoring body temperature, sanity, health, skipping long unproductive periods (and avoiding wasting fuel), etc.

I think they're all equal because the straw roll is good because of how cheap it is, the fur roll is harder to get, but more rewards. The tent is good because of how many uses it has, and getting half the resources back if you don't use your last use.(hammer it after 5 uses)

Personally I only sleep Midgame when I drive myself to break neck insanity to harvest beard clippings and nightmare fuel then sleeping to restore the sanity but after you get the Tam O Shanter it's practically useless. It also depends on the characters you play as. Willow gets a passive sanity regen near fire, Maxwell gains sanity rapidly and Whickerbottom just can't sleep. So this question reall relies on your character preferences and your play style.

I usually sleep A LOT mid-game, mostly because i do a lot of sanity-razing things like digging up graves and such

Its also nice for the health healing, few items actually do that that aren't completely oriented on healing, like the honey poultice

I usually sleep A LOT mid-game, mostly because i do a lot of sanity-razing things like digging up graves and such

Its also nice for the health healing, few items actually do that that aren't completely oriented on healing, like the honey poultice

Technically if i'm lucky, I like to find the graveyard early, get enough resources, then just create a science machine and shovel there and dig up the whole thing.

To help sanity drain, I  use the refine materials/create prototypes right then and there after a notable graves dug sanity loss- having things like my Alchemy Engine, Lightning Rod (and if enough gold is found the Winter and Rainometer) the spear, log armor, a razor, pitchfork, hammer, a chest and a sign (if early game so I can mark stuff to come back to later) and not place the structures and save them for later, as well as anything not needed to create before that I can use later.

I have found that I am able to dig up stuff in the first few days of the game (assuming it's found early and not a moot point if found later game after my base is fully established) and leave the stuff marked with a sign, hammer the science machine, and come back for the stuff later once I have found the pig king and/or built my magic machines.

However, by my first mid winter, if not swimming in honey (and sometimes with spider shortages in the explored parts if the game load turned out that way, it can happen where web-based stuff has to wait) I tend to want to sleep in a roll/tent and use some of my stockpiled food after waking.

Of course, this last part has to be planned differently if playing Wickerbottom, so I'd better have plenty of silk for my Bee catching net and clothing crafting options sometime before winter starts (and the bees stop making honey.)

A pity you have to plan a tad earlier in your base timelines with her,  'cause she's so good with exploring because of her high sanity and book magics. 

How do people even compare the Shanter to these? I mean cmon...

I also haven't dug graves in months People still do that?

I've never actually gotten the shanter, because i never seem to find a walrus camp on the worlds i get far in, knowing my luck though, he probably wont drop it until like, day 300

Day 145 and no Walruses in sight. I found one or two but they're MILES off.

Make up a makeshift camp near them?

I imagine you have enough materials for a fire and a few chests at day 145, but yea i know the feeling, ill find some great things e.g pig king, 3 caves next to each other, but nothing but forest for miles.

Yeah, and the pig king is through a wormhole. 

Did I mention this is all on the other side of one of those killer bee fields?

I had to deal with one of those, i setup a base nearby because there were some great things beside it, plus i made the alchemy machine before i noticed the killer bee field, sooooo they ended up being my doom later on, i did use them for killing quite a few things, spider queens, beefalo, deerclops etc.

Again, until I find the Chessboard, which IS the Wooden Thing's biome. 

*sigh* I'm telling you to spend that time looking for the Wooden Thing instead. Go for the sure thing first and leave the random for later... 

And thanks for telling me what the Chessboard was because i clearly didn't understand /s

Archived