[Bugs] Moth Lamp

simplex

I do have the entire log attachicon.gifnot enough memory log.txt (be aware it is ridiculously huge writing wise.) and it does seem to happen when lots of combat is happening since i think this might be the actual source of the freezing from earlier

I wonder if this has to do with the ball lightnings. It seems a lot of them spawn at the same time, and they're all doing stuff. (Looking for magnets, in particular.)

I do have the entire log attachicon.gifnot enough memory log.txt (be aware it is ridiculously huge writing wise.) and it does seem to happen when lots of combat is happening since i think this might be the actual source of the freezing from earlier

This is very likely the cause of the previous freeze. But this is not just a "natural" consequence of combat, something is misbehaving, such as spawning a bunch of (probably invisible) entities. The log itself does not give any clues from what I can tell (except that I had forgotten to change the datura bank; fixed). Look out for common elements in the circumstances triggering this issue.

Not sure if this is the worldgen screen bug you were talking about, but the background for me was complete blackness, so I could only see the little animation, and the writing. Wasn't quick enough to get a screenshot. 

Same goes for me.

If either of you could manage a screenshot that'd be great. I'll tweak the colors just in case.

Clean log? I know what a log is, but you may need to clarify that. Sorry for being a simpleton. :razz:

By that I mean to delete the existing log, go in, reproduce the bug (in this case the worldgen background is black) and then exit out, and post the log.

Basically, it keeps it as readable as possible. :p

Clean log? I know what a log is, but you may need to clarify that. Sorry for being a simpleton. :razz:

By that I mean to delete the existing log, go in, reproduce the bug (in this case the worldgen background is black) and then exit out, and post the log.

Basically, it keeps it as readable as possible. :p

It doesn't seem to have fixed the issue, no.

How strange. I ran the packaged version of the mod (the one we've been distributing) but I can't reproduce it. However, Winnie's staff shows a NIL texture. Are you experiencing that as well?

How strange. I ran the packaged version of the mod (the one we've been distributing) but I can't reproduce it. However, Winnie's staff shows a NIL texture. Are you experiencing that as well?

I did this. The nil texture is a proper texture :razz:. I set it to rule out the missing inventory image for her staff as a cause of Craig's issue (which now seems is very likely due to RAM exhaustion).

And about the black background, this is very strange. I haven't been able to reproduce it as well, and it doesn't make much sense to me. If the custom worldgen animation is being played, our assets are being loaded. But then the bg image should've been set properly, since it is included in the packaged version of the mod.

@ArcticFox789, could you try running the git version of the mod (downloadable from this link)? I know it's a fairly large download, but this would help us determine whether the issue has something to do with packaging or not.

I did this. The nil texture is a proper texture :razz:. I set it to rule out the missing inventory image for her staff as a cause of Craig's issue (which now seems is very likely due to RAM exhaustion).

And about the black background, this is very strange. I haven't been able to reproduce it as well, and it doesn't make much sense to me. If the custom worldgen animation is being played, our assets are being loaded. But then the bg image should've been set properly, since it is included in the packaged version of the mod.

@ArcticFox789, could you try running the git version of the mod (downloadable from this link)? I know it's a fairly large download, but this would help us determine whether the issue has something to do with packaging or not.

Black background still there as are the white squares around some of the creatures. (Did I mention those already)?

Perhaps if you can't replicate it, we should ask @KidneyBeanBoy to try as well. He mentioned it too, I think.

Black background still there as are the white squares around some of the creatures. (Did I mention those already)?

Perhaps if you can't replicate it, we should ask @KidneyBeanBoy to try as well. He mentioned it too, I think.

I never had the white square issue as well.

I never had the white square issue as well.

I happen to have noticed the white 'squares'. It's an issue with transparency, I believe. I'm not completely sure, though, since my worldgen screen has the white around the various pieces, but I don't recall it doing that in the past.

If you look at the skyflowers closely you should be able to see it.

NdqQUa7.jpg

I happen to have noticed the white 'squares'. It's an issue with transparency, I believe. I'm not completely sure, though, since my worldgen screen has the white around the various pieces, but I don't recall it doing that in the past.

If you look at the skyflowers closely you should be able to see it.

Wait, the issue with white boxes is in the worldgen screen? I thought this was a general, in-game issue. If it's just in the wgen screen it should be fixable.

Wait, the issue with white boxes is in the worldgen screen? I thought this was a general, in-game issue. If it's just in the wgen screen it should be fixable.

It's in various places. I know it also shows up on the sapling, I think, but it's definitely not just in the worldgen screen. I suspect it's a transparency issue. However, like I said, I don't recall this happening in the past.

Edit: It shows up on vines for me, as well. Maybe some things need to be reconverted?

Edit2: At the very least, whatever is causing it in worldgen does not have to do with the atlas, since there is no semi-transparency anywhere. I'll take a look at the other things that have it, and clean up the images some.

It's in various places. I know it also shows up on the sapling, I think, but it's definitely not just in the worldgen screen. I suspect it's a transparency issue. However, like I said, I don't recall this happening in the past.

Edit: It shows up on vines for me, as well. Maybe some things need to be reconverted?

Edit2: At the very least, whatever is causing it in worldgen does not have to do with the atlas, since there is no semi-transparency anywhere. I'll take a look at the other things that have it, and clean up the images some.

Well, vines are greatly downscaled from the atlas into the actual in-game image. See if the other cases having issues involve substantial downscaling (either by inst.Transform:SetScale() or by having a very high res atlas). I'm thinking this is caused by the averaging of pixel colours at downscaling, making colours "bleed out" into the transparent portion.

Well, vines are greatly downscaled from the atlas into the actual in-game image. See if the other cases having issues involve substantial downscaling (either by inst.Transform:SetScale() or by having a very high res atlas). I'm thinking this is caused by the averaging of pixel colours at downscaling, making colours "bleed out" into the transparent portion.

This is strange...

As far as I know, it only happens with the skyflowers in the worldgen anim, the vines, and the beanstalk sapling. It's definitely happening in the game, because the .tex files, when converted back, show up perfectly normal. It's only in-game and only those three (as far as I know).

As for downscaling, I don't think that's it. I removed the scaling on the vine to test, and the issue persisted. The beanstalk sapling doesn't have any scaling.

This is strange...

As far as I know, it only happens with the skyflowers in the worldgen anim, the vines, and the beanstalk sapling. It's definitely happening in the game, because the .tex files, when converted back, show up perfectly normal. It's only in-game and only those three (as far as I know).

As for downscaling, I don't think that's it. I removed the scaling on the vine to test, and the issue persisted. The beanstalk sapling doesn't have any scaling.

Don't know if this is helpful or not, but I can confirm it happens on all of those things there for me as well, I forgot about the Beanstalk Sapling earlier, was gonna mention it.

Yes, but the tentacle animations themselves downscale the textures a lot. It'd still be nevertheless strange that vines have this issue, while vanilla's tentacles don't (given that both atlases are 256x256), but I'm out of ideas.

And about the beanstalk sapling, I don't know. I don't think the pinecone animations do much in terms of downscaling.

Archived