[Bugs] Moth Lamp

simplex

Bug: beanstalk_sapling being spawned in a fresh world at (0, 0, 0). Probably due to unspecified Transform coordinates. Note that this takes no action by the player, the beanstalk_sapling seems to just be spawned into each world.

Bug: beanstalk_sapling being spawned in a fresh world at (0, 0, 0). Probably due to unspecified Transform coordinates. Note that this takes no action by the player, the beanstalk_sapling seems to just be spawned into each world.

Fixed and pushed. That one was surprisingly easy to fix. I tested it with six different worlds, so I'm pretty sure that bug is gone now.

Fixed and pushed. That one was surprisingly easy to fix. I tested it with six different worlds, so I'm pretty sure that bug is gone now.

I found this by writing a bug myself in the code picking a random point along the road. I tested it by spawning gold nuggets randomly, but due to a typo they were all being placed in the game origin. When I went to see where they were, I found them on top of a beanstalk_sapling :razz:.

(the wicker-level road code is finished by the way, I'll push it shortly; the U&A specific code for the Shopkeeper is yet to be written)

A shopkeeper bug:

[10:12:27] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: Attempting to spawn shopkeeper_spawner...
../mods/UpAndAway/wicker/math/searchspace.lua:17: curve or surface expected as 'object' parameter.
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
        =[C] in function 'error'
        ../mods/UpAndAway/wicker/math/searchspace.lua(17,1) in function '_ctor'
        scripts/class.lua(98,1) in function 'SearchSpace'
        ../mods/UpAndAway/code/postinits/events_setup.lua(20,1) in function 'fn'
        scripts/entityscript.lua(693,1) in function 'PushEvent'
        scripts/components/seasonmanager.lua(860,1) in function 'StartPrecip'
        scripts/components/seasonmanager.lua(802,1) in function 'UpdateDynamicPrecip'
        scripts/components/seasonmanager.lua(1149,1) in function 'OnUpdate'
        scripts/update.lua(104,1)
        =(tail call) ?
        =[C] in function 'xpcall'
        ../mods/BetterCrashes/modmain.lua(165,1)
        =[C] in function 'error'
        ../mods/BetterCrashes/modmain.lua(154,1)
        =(tail call) ?
scripts/frontend.lua(712,1) SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen    
focus lost

I was minding my own business, packaging killer bees, and got an error screen.

Edit:

Also, the beanstalk sapling bug is actually worse. That's from a dev graveyard. It didn't happen the next save I started. It could be that I didn't start a new save file first, but I did regen the world.

[10:01:47] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [105948 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:47] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [105950 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:47] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [105952 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:47] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [105954 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:47] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [105956 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110638 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110641 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110644 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110647 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110650 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110653 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110656 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110659 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110662 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110665 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110668 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110671 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110674 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110677 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110680 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110683 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110686 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110689 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110692 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110695 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110698 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110701 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110704 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110707 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110710 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110713 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110716 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110719 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110722 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110725 - mound] unlocked.

A shopkeeper bug:

[10:12:27] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: Attempting to spawn shopkeeper_spawner...../mods/UpAndAway/wicker/math/searchspace.lua:17: curve or surface expected as 'object' parameter.

I was minding my own business, packaging killer bees, and got an error screen.

It looks like Game.Topology.TheRoad was not built, giving nil. What were the circumstances (keeping in mind that TheRoad is built from savedata)? Was this a freshly generated world which hadn't been saved before?

Edit:

Also, the beanstalk sapling bug is actually worse. That's from a dev graveyard. It didn't happen the next save I started. It could be that I didn't start a new save file first, but I did regen the world.

[10:01:47] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [105948 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:47] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [105950 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:47] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [105952 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:47] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [105954 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:47] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [105956 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110638 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110641 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110644 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110647 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110650 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110653 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110656 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110659 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110662 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110665 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110668 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110671 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110674 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110677 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110680 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110683 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110686 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110689 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110692 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110695 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110698 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110701 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110704 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110707 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110710 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110713 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110716 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110719 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110722 - mound] unlocked.[10:01:48] (Up and Away mod prealpha) TheMod: [110725 - mound] unlocked.

Let me guess: this happened the first time you reloaded the regenerated world (i.e., you regen'd it, Saved & Quit for the first time, and then reloaded the save).

I found the issue: the lock component is even more bugged than what I had spotted before. Here's the relevant part (these functions are not back to back in the file, I just put them so here for clarity):

function Lock:SetLocked(locked)    if locked ~= self.locked then        if locked and self.onlocked then            self.onlocked(self.inst)        elseif self.onunlocked then            self.onunlocked(self.inst)        end    end     self.islocked = lockedendfunction Lock:OnLoad(data)    if data then        self.locked = nil         self:SetLocked(data.locked)        self.isstuck = data.isstuck    end end
When the savedata is loaded for a locked mound (cf. OnLoad), data.locked is true. So self:SetLocked() is called with 'true' as its argument. Since self.locked was set to nil and the argument 'locked' is true, the outer if block of SetLocked is entered. Now here's the bug: since we never set self.onlocked, the test 'if locked and self.onlocked then' fails, and then it runs the unlock callback, even though the lock is locked... The correct code (ignoring the self.locked versus self.islocked issue I mentioned before) would be

function Lock:SetLocked(locked)    if locked ~= self.locked then        if locked then            if self.onlocked then                self.onlocked(self.inst)            end        elseif self.onunlocked then            self.onunlocked(self.inst)        end    end     self.islocked = lockedend
We need to ditch the lock component for something else. Now that we know why we were having an issue, it wouldn't be hard to work around it (we'd simply have to set the onlocked callback to a dummy function), but with a component this bugged it's best to simply stay clear. Especially since if Klei ever decides to fix it they might end up breaking our workaround-based code.

It looks like Game.Topology.TheRoad was not built, giving nil. What were the circumstances (keeping in mind that TheRoad is built from savedata)? Was this a freshly generated world which hadn't been saved before?

Let me guess: this happened the first time you reloaded the regenerated world (i.e., you regen'd it, Saved & Quit for the first time, and then reloaded the save).

I found the issue: the lock component is even more bugged than what I had spotted before. Here's the relevant part (these functions are not back to back in the file, I just put them so here for clarity):

function Lock:SetLocked(locked)    if locked ~= self.locked then        if locked and self.onlocked then            self.onlocked(self.inst)        elseif self.onunlocked then            self.onunlocked(self.inst)        end    end     self.islocked = lockedendfunction Lock:OnLoad(data)    if data then        self.locked = nil         self:SetLocked(data.locked)        self.isstuck = data.isstuck    end end
When the savedata is loaded for a locked mound (cf. OnLoad), data.locked is true. So self:SetLocked() is called with 'true' as its argument. Since self.locked was set to nil and the argument 'locked' is true, the outer if block of SetLocked is entered. Now here's the bug: since we never set self.onlocked, the test 'if locked and self.onlocked then' fails, and then it runs the unlock callback, even though the lock is locked... The correct code (ignoring the self.locked versus self.islocked issue I mentioned before) would be

function Lock:SetLocked(locked)    if locked ~= self.locked then        if locked then            if self.onlocked then                self.onlocked(self.inst)            end        elseif self.onunlocked then            self.onunlocked(self.inst)        end    end     self.islocked = lockedend
We need to ditch the lock component for something else. Now that we know why we were having an issue, it wouldn't be hard to work around it (we'd simply have to set the onlocked callback to a dummy function), but with a component this bugged it's best to simply stay clear. Especially since if Klei ever decides to fix it they might end up breaking our workaround-based code.

For the beanstalk sapling bug; correct. I save and reload often when testing. Ctrl+S and Ctrl+R are my friends. :p

As for the shopkeeper bug, it happens once in a while in various worlds, without any special action on my part. It might be a non-saved world. If I run across it again I'll post a log.

As for the shopkeeper bug, it happens once in a while in various worlds, without any special action on my part. It might be a non-saved world. If I run across it again I'll post a log.

Taking a closer look at it, I think it's a problem with asynchronous calls, like the issue with the U&A menu screen. The savedata is requested through a mod postinit, but it's gathered through GetPersistentString...

@debugman18

I pushed some changes ensuring that both the sim has finished loading and the road data has been gathered before setting up the callbacks. Howeeever, thinking some more about it I don't think that had anything to do with it, since you had the issue in the middle of the game, so GetPersistentString should certainly have been completed by then. I'm thinking the persistent string request failed, so no road data was built. A log would help, but I don't think it would help all that much. What I'd need to know the most is if you have reloaded the slot after at least one save. I'm thinking this should only happen if the save file in the beginning of the current "slot game session" was the one originally baked at worldgen.

@simplex

Since the latest commit (not my crystal/fish one) I'm getting this error on using ClimbTo(1,1).

WARNING! Invalid resource handle for atlas '../mods/UpAndAway/images/bg_up.xml', did you remember to load the asset?../mods/UpAndAway/images/bg_up.xmlLUA ERROR stack traceback:        scripts/widgets/image.lua(30,1) in function 'SetTexture'        ../mods/UpAndAway/code/main.lua(231,1) in function 'UpdateWorldGenScreen'        ../mods/UpAndAway/code/main.lua(285,1) in function '_ctor'        scripts/class.lua(98,1) in function 'old_call'        ../mods/UpAndAway/code/main.lua(289,1) in function 'WorldGenScreen'        scripts/gamelogic.lua(1006,1) in function 'DoGenerateWorld'        scripts/gamelogic.lua(1032,1) in function 'LoadSlot'        scripts/gamelogic.lua(1079,1) in function 'DoResetAction'        scripts/gamelogic.lua(1114,1) in function 'complete_callback'        scripts/upsell.lua(27,1) in function 'UpdateGamePurchasedState'    ...        =[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'        scripts/saveindex.lua(89,1) in function 'Load'        scripts/gamelogic.lua(1135,1) in function 'callback'        scripts/playerprofile.lua(438,1) in function 'Set'        scripts/playerprofile.lua(330,1)        =[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'        scripts/playerprofile.lua(328,1) in function 'Load'        scripts/gamelogic.lua(1134,1) in main chunk        =[C] in function 'require'        scripts/mainfunctions.lua(640,1)Could not find anim [idle] in bank [generating_cloud]Could not find anim build generating_cloud../mods/UpAndAway/code/main.lua:268: attempt to index field 'UPUI' (a nil value)LUA ERROR stack traceback:        ../mods/UpAndAway/code/main.lua(268,1) in function 'UpdateWorldGenScreen'        ../mods/UpAndAway/code/main.lua(285,1) in function '_ctor'        scripts/class.lua(98,1) in function 'old_call'        ../mods/UpAndAway/code/main.lua(289,1) in function 'WorldGenScreen'        scripts/gamelogic.lua(1006,1) in function 'DoGenerateWorld'        scripts/gamelogic.lua(1032,1) in function 'LoadSlot'        scripts/gamelogic.lua(1079,1) in function 'DoResetAction'        scripts/gamelogic.lua(1114,1) in function 'complete_callback'        scripts/upsell.lua(27,1) in function 'UpdateGamePurchasedState'        scripts/gamelogic.lua(1119,1)        =[C] in function 'SetPersistentString'    ...        =[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'        scripts/saveindex.lua(89,1) in function 'Load'        scripts/gamelogic.lua(1135,1) in function 'callback'        scripts/playerprofile.lua(438,1) in function 'Set'        scripts/playerprofile.lua(330,1)        =[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'        scripts/playerprofile.lua(328,1) in function 'Load'        scripts/gamelogic.lua(1134,1) in main chunk        =[C] in function 'require'        scripts/mainfunctions.lua(640,1)THREAD - started 'WorldSim' (4051663680)WorldSim::SimThread::Main()DoLuaFile scripts/worldgen_main.luaDoLuaFile loading buffer scripts/worldgen_main.luascripts/frontend.lua(712,1) SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen  

For some reason, it's considering UPUI as a nil value. (Although it's definitely in strings.lua...) Putting the strings.ui table back into that block fixes the issue. I'm not sure what's happening there.

Also, the worldgen animation is gone again.

It seems something I did effected worldgen, but I don't know what it is or when it happened; there are large empty spots on the map now. I'm fixing that right now. ~ It's not consistent; still not sure what causes it.

Edit:

Also, since you've looked at the physics engine, could you explain how to make an entity go to another entity's location (I'm trying to do this for the flying fish, but I'd like to know how it works, since I barely understand physics at all), without being instantaneous? I've looked at projectile.lua some, (I tried making the fish a projectile, as well) but I'm having trouble grasping its use of the physics.

@simplex

Since the latest commit (not my crystal/fish one) I'm getting this error on using ClimbTo(1,1).

For some reason, it's considering UPUI as a nil value. (Although it's definitely in strings.lua...) Putting the strings.ui table back into that block fixes the issue. I'm not sure what's happening there.

Also, the worldgen animation is gone again.

Whaaat? Worldgen screen bugs? I don't know what you're talking about!

*these are not the droids you are looking for*

But yeah, I had caused both of them. The first one, with UPUI, was gratuitous mischievousness. I was feeling uneasy with us exporting a global value (the entry UPUI in STRINGS) so I did some stuffs. The stuffs failed, obviously :razz:.

And the worldgen animation being gone is also on me. I had removed the

TheSim:LoadPrefabs {"MOD_UpAndAway"}
line I put it when attempting to fix it because I thought I was mistaken afterall about mod assets not being loaded at the worldgen screen (with the real issue being the bank incompatibility and nothing more). As it turns out I wasn't mistaken, so this line is necessary. I put it back in, and properly (instead of "UpAndAway" in "MOD_UpAndAway" the name of the folder of the mod must be used, so my previous test version didn't work in the packaged release of the mod anyway, and it wouldn't work on a Steam release).

Also, since you've looked at the physics engine, could you explain how to make an entity go to another entity's location (I'm trying to do this for the flying fish, but I'd like to know how it works, since I barely understand physics at all), without being instantaneous? I've looked at projectile.lua some, (I tried making the fish a projectile, as well) but I'm having trouble grasping its use of the physics.

Well, you would set a velocity to an entity in a certain direction, probably updating this velocity periodically. I can do this part, I only didn't tackle water crystals/flying fish so far because I was never entirely sure what you wanted to happen. If all that's left is technical work, I'll do it.

Whaaat? Worldgen screen bugs? I don't know what you're talking about!

*these are not the droids you are looking for*

But yeah, I had caused both of them. The first one, with UPUI, was gratuitous mischievousness. I was feeling uneasy with us exporting a global value (the entry UPUI in STRINGS) so I did some stuffs. The stuffs failed, obviously :razz:.

And the worldgen animation being gone is also on me. I had removed the

TheSim:LoadPrefabs {"MOD_UpAndAway"}
line I put it when attempting to fix it because I thought I was mistaken afterall about mod assets not being loaded at the worldgen screen (with the real issue being the bank incompatibility and nothing more). As it turns out I wasn't mistaken, so this line is necessary. I put it back in, and properly (instead of "UpAndAway" in "MOD_UpAndAway" the name of the folder of the mod must be used, so my previous test version didn't work in the packaged release of the mod anyway, and it wouldn't work on a Steam release).

Well, you would set a velocity to an entity in a certain direction, probably updating this velocity periodically. I can do this part, I only didn't tackle water crystals/flying fish so far because I was never entirely sure what you wanted to happen. If all that's left is technical work, I'll do it.

You broke it again. :razz: Well, not the worldgen, but the mod.

scripts/mods.lua(182,1) Mod: UpAndAway (Up and Away)      Error loading mod!...ay/wicker/init/kernel_components/basic_importers.lua:35: mod module 'wicker.game.physics' not found:    no file 'wicker.game.physics'no field package.preload['wicker.game.physics']    no file '../mods/UpAndAway/wicker/game/physics.lua'LUA ERROR stack traceback:        =[C] in function 'error'        ../mods/UpAndAway/lib/use.lua(121,1) in function 'basic_import'        ../mods/UpAndAway/wicker/init/kernel_components/basic_importers.lua(35,1) in function 'prefixed_import'        ../mods/UpAndAway/wicker/init/kernel_components/basic_importers.lua(51,1) in function 'wickerrequire'        ../mods/UpAndAway/wicker/game.lua(12,1) in function 'fn'        ../mods/UpAndAway/wicker/init/kernel_components/loaders.lua(109,1) in function 'fn'        ../mods/UpAndAway/lib/use.lua(109,1) in function 'basic_import'        ../mods/UpAndAway/wicker/init/kernel_components/basic_importers.lua(35,1) in function 'prefixed_import'        ../mods/UpAndAway/wicker/init/kernel_components/basic_importers.lua(51,1) in function 'wickerrequire'        ../mods/UpAndAway/code/debugtools.lua(26,1) in function 'fn'        ../mods/UpAndAway/wicker/init/kernel_components/loaders.lua(109,1) in function 'fn'    ...        =[C] in function 'SetPersistentString'        scripts/mainfunctions.lua(17,1) in function 'SavePersistentString'        scripts/modindex.lua(58,1)        =[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'        scripts/modindex.lua(45,1) in function 'BeginStartupSequence'        scripts/main.lua(266,1) in function 'callback'        scripts/modindex.lua(268,1)        =[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'        scripts/modindex.lua(248,1) in function 'Load'        scripts/main.lua(265,1) in main chunk

errr... bug:

scripts/mods.lua(168,1) Mod: UpAndAway_test Loading modmain.lua
scripts/mods.lua(103,1) modimport: ../mods/UpAndAway_test/lib/use.lua
scripts/mods.lua(182,1) Mod: UpAndAway_test  Error loading mod!
String expected as boot parameter 'id'
        =[C] in function 'error'
        D:/Program Files/Don't Starve - Reign of Giants/data/../mods/UpAndAway_test/wicker/init.lua(97,1) in function 'preprocess_boot_params'
        D:/Program Files/Don't Starve - Reign of Giants/data/../mods/UpAndAway_test/wicker/init.lua(229,1)
        =(tail call) ?
        D:/Program Files/Don't Starve - Reign of Giants/data/../mods/UpAndAway_test/lib/use.lua(109,1) in function 'use'
        D:/Program Files/Don't Starve - Reign of Giants/data/../mods/UpAndAway_test/modmain.lua(8,1) in main chunk
        =[C] in function 'xpcall'
        D:/Program Files/Don't Starve - Reign of Giants/data/scripts/util.lua(439,1) in function 'RunInEnvironment'
        D:/Program Files/Don't Starve - Reign of Giants/data/scripts/mods.lua(179,1) in function 'InitializeModMain'
        D:/Program Files/Don't Starve - Reign of Giants/data/scripts/mods.lua(162,1) in function 'LoadMods'
        scripts/main.lua(222,1) in function 'ModSafeStartup'
        scripts/main.lua(267,1)
        =[C] in function 'SetPersistentString'
        D:/Program Files/Don't Starve - Reign of Giants/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua(17,1) in function 'SavePersistentString'
        D:/Program Files/Don't Starve - Reign of Giants/data/scripts/modindex.lua(58,1)
        =[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'
        D:/Program Files/Don't Starve - Reign of Giants/data/scripts/modindex.lua(45,1) in function 'BeginStartupSequence'
        scripts/main.lua(266,1) in function 'callback'
        D:/Program Files/Don't Starve - Reign of Giants/data/scripts/modindex.lua(268,1)
        =[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'
        D:/Program Files/Don't Starve - Reign of Giants/data/scripts/modindex.lua(248,1) in function 'Load'
        scripts/main.lua(265,1) in main chunk

My DS is RoG newest version (probably 99231)

this was a strange crash, more freezing than a crash however

WARNING! Could not find region 'winnie_staff.tex' from atlas 'images/inventoryimages.xml'. Is the region specified in the atlas?
images/inventoryimages.xml
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/image.lua(30,1) in function 'SetTexture'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/image.lua(11,1) in function '_ctor'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/class.lua(98,1) in function 'Image'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/itemtile.lua(38,1) in function 'old_ctor'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/../mods/UpAndAway_test/code/patches/itemtile.lua(117,1) in function '_ctor'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/class.lua(98,1) in function 'ItemTile'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/inventorybar.lua(936,1) in function 'OnItemEquip'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/inventorybar.lua(77,1) in function 'fn'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/entityscript.lua(693,1) in function 'PushEvent'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/components/inventory.lua(703,1) in function 'Equip'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/actions.lua(175,1) in function 'fn'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/bufferedaction.lua(19,1) in function 'Do'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/entityscript.lua(945,1) in function 'PerformBufferedAction'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraphs/SGwilson.lua(1560,1) in function 'ontimeout'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraph.lua(458,1) in function 'UpdateState'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraph.lua(515,1) in function 'Update'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraph.lua(111,1) in function 'Update'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/update.lua(121,1)
HttpClientWriteCallback (0x008B4DFF, 1, 16, 0x06FDF73C)
HttpClientWriteCallback READ 16 (16 total)
QueryServerComplete no callback
scripts/components/resurrector.lua(42,1) Resurrector:OnSave 111984 - crystal_relic used:nil active:nil
scripts/saveindex.lua(349,1) DeregisterResurrector
scripts/saveindex.lua(365,1) DeregisterResurrector
scripts/components/resurrector.lua(42,1) Resurrector:OnSave 111985 - crystal_relic used:nil active:nil
scripts/components/resurrector.lua(42,1) Resurrector:OnSave 111986 - crystal_relic used:nil active:nil
scripts/components/resurrector.lua(42,1) Resurrector:OnSave 111987 - crystal_relic used:nil active:nil

By the way due to RoG you can overheat in the clouds with no way of cooling off, I think that may be a season issue.

this was a strange crash, more freezing than a crash however

Yeah, Winnie's staff doesn't have an inventory image yet. I never had the game crash due to this though, the staff just remained invisible. Perhaps now the base game crashes in the absence of inventory images?

By the way due to RoG you can overheat in the clouds with no way of cooling off, I think that may be a season issue.

Strange, since it should be perma winter up there. Was this spontaneous overheating, or were you holding some heat source, such as a golden egg or heat stone? (or did you drink too much tea, perhaps? :razz:)

errr... bug:

Which version of U&A are you using (which link did you use to download it)? Could you post the contents of modinfo.lua and start_wicker.lua (both in the base U&A directory)?

Strange, since it should be perma winter up there. Was this spontaneous overheating, or were you holding some heat source, such as a golden egg or heat stone? (or did you drink too much tea, perhaps? :razz:)

I was holing a heat stone but it was yellow in colour, I did have a golden egg but dropped it before I started overheating. I'll see if i can replicate the effects again

Well, could you post the contents of modinfo.lua and start_wicker.lua? Because this loading issue does not happen with that version (or any version I'm aware of), so it seems like it's an installation issue, with files from different versions getting mixed together.

I was holing a heat stone but it was yellow in colour, I did have a golden egg but dropped it before I started overheating. I'll see if i can replicate the effects again

If you do manage to replicate it, enter the following in the console

print( GetSeasonManager():GetSeason() )
You don't have to memorise the output, since it's put in the log as well.

And about Winnie's staff, I added a placeholder inventory image. Hopefully this will solve your freeze issue, but I didn't manage to replicate it on my end, so I don't think it's caused by a missing inventory image.

Well, could you post the contents of modinfo.lua and start_wicker.lua? Because this loading issue does not happen with that version (or any version I'm aware of), so it seems like it's an installation issue, with files from different versions getting mixed together.

I don't think they're got mixed. I'm EVERYTIME deleting old versions or moving them to other file.

I don't think they're got mixed. I'm EVERYTIME deleting old versions or moving them to other file.

so this just happened:

../mods/UpAndAway_test/code/prefabs/winnie.lua(56,1) Attacking monster.
../mods/UpAndAway_test/code/prefabs/winnie.lua(56,1) Attacking monster.
not enough memory
not enough memory

I am very confused.

Well, the top two make sense. The bottom two, not so much.

I'm not getting 'not enough memory' on my end. Unless I just haven't noticed it, but I think I would. o.o

Well, the top two make sense. The bottom two, not so much.

I'm not getting 'not enough memory' on my end. Unless I just haven't noticed it, but I think I would. o.o

yeah its the bottom two that confused me, I was attacking some vines then it suddenly shut off, no idea why its saying not enough memory, I have a lot of hard drive space left (just under 50% left...).

yeah its the bottom two that confused me, I was attacking some vines then it suddenly shut off, no idea why its saying not enough memory, I have a lot of hard drive space left (just under 50% left...).

It means RAM. :p

How much RAM do you have, anyways? I haven't seen that, and I've got 4GB.

@Craig_Perry

If you do manage to figure out how to consistently replicate the out of memoty error it'd be immensely helpful (though of course it's a tough task, especially since whatever is causing memory consumption to blow up will only cause a crash after memory usage has piled up, not instantly).

@Craig_Perry

If you do manage to figure out how to consistently replicate the out of memoty error it'd be immensely helpful (though of course it's a tough task, especially since whatever is causing memory consumption to blow up will only cause a crash after memory usage has piled up, not instantly).

I do have the entire log not enough memory log.txt (be aware it is ridiculously huge writing wise.) and it does seem to happen when lots of combat is happening since i think this might be the actual source of the freezing from earlier

Archived