Use torch to start forest fires

I think you should be able to equip a torch, walk up to a tree, and set it on fire by clicking. This would save resources (as opposed to building a campfire) and also work around the fact that campfires are no longer capable of starting fires (since you have to build them farther away now).

Thoughts?

Huh. Doesn't work for me. Clicking on trees with it just makes the little torch noise and does nothing. Maybe its a bug.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh. Doesn't work for me. Clicking on trees with it just makes the little torch noise and does nothing. Maybe its a bug.

You have to pick up your torch so its in your cursor as if you were about to drop it and hover it over a tree, there's no bug its just to stop you setting entire forests on fire when you click around with the torch in your hand :)

- - - Updated - - -

You have to pick up your torch so its in your cursor as if you were about to drop it and hover it over a tree, there's no bug its just to stop you setting entire forests on fire when you click around with the torch in your hand :)

Oh OH!

So you don't equip it. You just hold the thing in your hands exactly the same way as... nothing else in the game. That's completely counter-intuitive.

Maybe its so you don't start them accidentally running through the woods at night?

Oh OH!

So you don't equip it. You just hold the thing in your hands exactly the same way as... nothing else in the game. That's completely counter-intuitive.

Exactly.

Maybe its so you don't start them accidentally running through the woods at night?

Well as I recall it used to be a lot easier to start forest fires at one time, but then that was around when I first joined so I'm not too familiar with it. However from the videos I saw it seemed that way.

Personally I would think it would be nice if clicking on a tree while having a torch equipped set it on fire. The only drawback would that running through a forest at night might accidentally lead to you causing a fire when you click on a tree while trying to navigate the forest. Of course I use the keyboard to move, so it's a moot point for me at least.