Mutiplayer?

Falcin

Ok, before I go off on some rant I'm not complaining, I'm just asking about something.

I guess this could be seen as a suggestion but when/if is multiplayer going to be added?

This game would improve soooo much if you could play with other people/friends.

Tanks,

Falcin

The Devs have no plans for multiplayer anytime Soon. if I remember correctly, there are two coders and two artists and that's it. Multiplayer would be a HUGE time sink for the Devs, which is why the Devs just want to focus on singleplayer and make it the best it can be.

The Devs have said that they have NO plans for multiplayer where multiple players are in one world at the same time. But they do have long-term plans for some form of asynchronous multiplayer, what this may be no one knows.

But please use the search feature next time.

Edited by Toaster Fu
The universe has been set right.

There are plans for some asynchronous multiplayer in the future, but there almost certainly won't be any co-op or anything like that.

The team for Don't Starve is very small, so adding multiplayer would be a huge undertaking that would require much of the game's core to be reworked and would greatly increase the game's needed budget. It would also ruin the lonely atmosphere the game tries to convey.

Edit: Ninja'd. We're even now, Fu. :)

Not at the same time. Leader boards or sending mail in-game to other players, stuff like that.

Ahh I see. There's definitely plenty of things to keep stats on. Obviously things like most days survived, monsters killed etc.. but they could even go into like logs collected and all that. I'm sure this has already been discussed many times so I'll stop haha. Thanks for the info :)