Some questions and thoughts on the game

Okay, first, the questions:

1. How do you fertilize berry bushes

2. Best way to harvest bees.

3. I surrounded my campfire with trees and thats how i spend my night time, well, i was chopping a tree and a gigantic tree giant popped out and completely wrecked me. I had just gotten a good foundation, had a bunch of rabbit food, berries and carrots for at least 10 more days. Just want to know what it was and how to defend against it.

4. Why dont i have any pigs or beefalo on my map? :(

5. How do i obtain meat (not morsel)

My Thoughts on the game

I saw the game on a video on youtube and thought it looked kinda cool. So i played the demo and i liked it. I bought it a couple days ago and have been hooked. I love the challenge of having to set a goal each day and of course, dont starve. I also like that the inventory was increased. I'd like to either be able to boat through water or somethin. I think the days should actually be longer though. I'd like to have multiple games at once. Also multiplayer would be cool even though i know the game was meant to be solo. Overall, i really like the game

1. How do you fertilize berry bushes

Manure.

2. Best way to harvest bees.

Use a bug net and catch all the bees outside the hive. Then, wearing a log suit and football cap/beekeeper's helmet, attack the beehive. Now you can run away until some lose interest or go at them head-on. Your call, but use a bug net.

3. I surrounded my campfire with trees and thats how i spend my night time, well, i was chopping a tree and a gigantic tree giant popped out and completely wrecked me. I had just gotten a good foundation, had a bunch of rabbit food, berries and carrots for at least 10 more days. Just want to know what it was and how to defend against it.

Lots of way... you could burn it or run it into a pig man camp... pig men hate treegaurds. Of course it would take a lot of pig men to kill it off. Or, if you play Wendy and at sunset Abigail appears, just have her kill it.

4. Why dont i have any pigs or beefalo on my map? :(

Because only the spiders and pig king appear on the map because they're stationary. Beefalo and normal pig men are not. I would like the map to show where pig houses are... but that's neither here nor there.

Or did you mean none on your island? If so, search for a stone bridge that should connect you to another island. Pig men and beefalo are out there somewhere.

5. How do i obtain meat (not morsel)

Kill beefalo or a treeguard (yes, very odd). Monster meat comes from spiders and hounds.

Optimus Pines are so overrated. It's really easy to flinch-kite them. Run away as they swing at you, go in for 3 hits, run away, go in for 3 hits, etc. No armour required. Although might take a while if you don't have at least a spear.

And if you mean the honey from bees, a built bee box accumulates honey over time. A natural bee hive does not so find 3 hives and destroy them for 9 honey, 8 of which is required for your first bee box, then the honey starts rollin' in.

Should be 2 hits to kill a pig with a tentacle spike, 3 with a spear, but if you're playing on Wolfgang he can 2 hit them with a spear. They hit pretty hard back so try isolate them from one another (they run away from you if you try to hug them) then take them out quick before they get a chance to whack you.

Edited by Nxf7

And if you mean the honey from bees, a built bee box accumulates honey over time. A natural bee hive does not so find 3 hives and destroy them for 9 honey, 8 of which is required for your first bee box, then the honey starts rollin' in.

In the recent update it has been changed. You currently need 2 planks, 1 honeycomb and 4 bees (now collected by using the bug net on a bee). :)

wait wait wait.....so u r saying that he will leave u alone when u plant new trees?! o.o ermagerd! why didn't anyone tell me this! -_-

- - - Updated - - -

wait wait wait.....so u r saying that he will leave u alone when u plant new trees?! o.o ermagerd! why didn't anyone tell me this! -_-

Cmon buddy that is basic stuff! ^^

But I dont really like Treeguards. Im just constantly scared of choping wood.

what is the best way to go about attacking spiders?

Also, i just found the pig king what should i do now?

Like most monsters in the game, killing spiders is all about timing. There's a period of time after they swing that they will not attack again, and that's your window to strike back.

The pig king is fond of gifts, and he'll give you something that's rather shiny and quite valuable in return.