The Beyond Breaks Free! (Roleplay thread)

Tesability

(waitwaitwait Celeste hasn't entered yet she's just coming in xD)

Celeste stared closely at the portal. She closed her eyes, held her breath, and walked in. Onyx strode in behind her. She felt scared as she went through, but as soon as she hit solid ground, she looked around her. However, she only did so for a moment, before Onyx tumbled on top of her silently. Onyx climbed off as Celeste got up, brushing the dirt off of herself. She glanced around. Where am I? she asked herself.

(sorry if it seems rushed or short :c)

Edited by gloryKAT

(@Sabeku I was setting things up to have Aaron encounter wade and ask to make an alliance. You can control him for that if you want as I'm a bit unsure how these character interactions occur, (convos and such are a bit confusing if you can't control the other character) but remember, wade is bipolar, tries to keep most things secret, and his goal is to get Maxwell bac... Oh, just read about my character on the application thread.)

(I see. I would recommend try to incorporate what you're trying to do a bit more into your role play. Show me, don't tell me, because I hadn't realized these were Wade's intentions. I understand its a little hard to converse when you can't control the other characters. To counter this, what I normally do is show a bit of what my own character is thinking AND speaking. Also, actions speak louder than words sometimes. Try to go over this as if actually watching your own character interact and describe as much of it as you can see, all up until the person they're talking with speaks/does something. This way you give the recipient lots of information and the opportunity for their own character to react.

@Luggs Glad you like it! :grin:

@Tesability and here's what I think Wilson and Shadowblade look like. I have a feeling a lot of things are off with this picture... either way, I hope it meets some sort of accuracy. (aka: LOOK, WINGS!)

@gloryKAT Sorry for that, I hadn't realized she just entered. ^^;

Now for this wall of text to get even bigger. I'll shrink the font in the hopes it makes it less overwhelming.)

With a bit of regination, Aaron assumed Wilson would be just fine by himself. Besides, it was clearly too late to do anything about it. Scorching a few berries, he managed to cook a small meal for himself to tide over the night. It was going to be quite a while before daybreak, and sleep wasn't safe. Sleeping would always be dangerous until he set up a proper camp to ward away the creatures of this land.

Then a small noise similar to a hiss was heard due east of his campsite. With a gulp, Aaron turned to look. Gods, what was this now, he thought to himself, and he grabbing a twig, setting the tip on fire from his fire pit. He moved the small torch towards where he assumed the sound was, but the darkness was too close, and he would need to step into the shadow to get a closer look. Hesitantly, Aaron ventured into the night, making sure is fire pit was still in sight behind him.

With some slowness, the boy raised the burning twig to a nearby tree. There, the hissing responded, and a serpent face greeted his own, twisting up to be at eye level with Aaron. Stumbling, he raced back towards his fire pit, dropping the twig by the tree where it burnt out before the fire could spread. As the light diminished, he saw the serpent's body was actually attached to a shadow hand as it slithered out of the twig's light, towards his camp. Getting as close to the fire as he could without burning himself, Aaron let out a shout, "Show yourself!" his voice trembled and cracked a bit. All these monsters and sleepless nights were taking a heavy toll on his sanity. The shadows shifted, he heard things that weren't there, and could feel someone watching him, touching him, when he knew that couldn't be. Trying to calm himself was hard enough, actually hearing a hallucination - and seeing it - made sure that didn't happen.

Celeste walked into the forest cautiously. The energy radiating off this forest... no, this entire place, was different than anywhere she had been. She had so many questions. What was Onyx? Where was she? What was this place? She shook her head. No time for questions. Just find some way to figure out what was going on. Onyx whimpered silently, but Celeste silenced her. No noise. We don't know where we are.

Wade approached the pawn, as he liked to call them, and stopped a fair distance away to examine him. The pawn was a small boy, and a somewhat frail one at that. Wade noticed he had many wounds, perhaps he had previously been in a battle. Maybe this boy would make a formidable ally after all. Suddenly, Wade heard a hiss from beside him, from a small black snake."Shut up, you venomous twit! Or at least be quieter. it would help." Wade whispered to the small black snake. The snake hissed rudely in almost defiance. The boy quickly ran over to the snake and wade, and just as the boy came into view, the snake brushed his tail against Wade, and... merged with him. the boy saw the merged creatures, at which point he ran back to the campfire he had made for the night. 'Not the bravest, but very rational.' Wade observed. Well, the pawn was his only option so far. So it was settled. Wade decided to go to him and ask for a partnership the next day at dusk. 'But what about that snake? How did it just merge with me? That is not something snakes are supposed to do!!' Wade pondered, 'Unless, it's a nightmare fuel windup. Maxwell made one of those. Pure nightmare fuel, magicked into various forms. Since those things are pure nightmare fuel, they just merge with other windups and hallucinations. Who made it? The windups were Maxwell's own design. Is.. is he still alive?'

Wade's head buzzed with questions like these until the sun started to rise and he had to go to a place with shade.

(Wade is a little stalkery in this post. But he IS a hallucination.)

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

"A name? You would like to call me by a name? Very well. You may call me Cronos. And you may make the first 'dance move'. I am not very good at dancing." Cronos inspected Wilson. He wondered what the petty human would do to a keeper, and his green eyes glowed brighter as he braced himself for an attack. Meanwhile, more treeguards continued assembling, waiting for the command to attack.

Celeste stumbled through the trees. She tried to stay as silent as she could, Onyx bounding along behind her. As Onyx opened her mouth to bark, Celeste silenced her. "Listen," she whispered. "We have to be silent." Onyx stared at her, and Celeste stared back. Onyx turned away and kept walking behind her as they strode through the trees together. Celeste shook nervously. She peered around, hoping that nothing in these woods would be harmful... though 'something' probably was.

Edited by gloryKAT

Sleep came, but Aaron only remembered waking up in the dead of the night. His body ached from sleeping on the ground, and his fire was a small flame, just about to burn out. As he went to throw a pine cone in, a few drops from the sky extinguished what was left of his fire. “Really?” he said at the clouds above him as a mist of rain poured on his camp. Aaron took his leave to hide under a nearby fully grown tree, sheltering himself from the raindrops. Here, he made a smaller fire, hoping it wouldn't catch on the tree behind him. Unfortunately for him, it did, and soon a small section of trees was set ablaze. After cursing under his breath, the boy scurried away in the opposite direction, just far enough to see something move in the distance. Instinctively, Aaron crouched down and watched carefully. A bark, then another emerged from the silhouettes in front of him."Listen," a female voice uttered. A human?! Aaron couldn't believe it. He stealthy moved forward. "We have to be silent.” She continued. From the bushes he saw a girl with dark auburn hair streaked with black. She was crouched over, looking at the hound that barked before. Astonished and alarmed, Aaron thought the dog was going to lunge at her and waited for the attack, but it never came. The dog instead followed her lead as they traveled into the thick of the forest.

Could this really be another person in the Beyond? Aaron had to fight hard to convince himself she was in fact real and not a hallucination. He had to fight even harder to muster up the courage to approach her, hoping the dog wouldn't become hostile towards him as soon as he got close. With a few deep breaths, Aaron stood up and lit his torch. Slowly, he followed the pair until he was in earshot.

“H-hey there,” Aaron stood about five feet away from the hound, “Are you...” he hesitated as he spoke, thinking of how to form the next sentence. “Are you human as well?” After anther stride forward, his light shone on the dog, which was now evident that it was not a mortal hound. The dog had pitch black fur and sharp teeth that shined when the light of the torch hit it. It turned around to face Aaron first, teeth bared and a fierce look about it, but Aaron couldn't be sure if it was actually being aggressive or if it was normally so angry looking.

Aaron took a step back, afraid of the beast-dog in front of him, and in doing so, slipped on the mud the rain was making on the ground below. He landed with a thud, soaking his bandages with the wet earth and making his wounds sting. He was left looking up pathetically at the girl and her dog beside her.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Sabeku

Celeste stared down at him, surprised. "Who are you?" she asked nervously, trying not to be too loud. Beside her, Onyx watched, unblinking, at the other human who was looking up at Celeste. Her loyal companion whined silently. I know, Onyx. But we can't worry about that now. Celeste continued to watch him, Onyx glancing between the human and her owner.

(I just realized my previous RP post, with most stuff coming from sabek's post but in Wade's view, was extremely different from Sabek's. Edited it.)

(I don't understand what you're trying to say here. The hissing was supposed to be from Wade, but it can come from a snake, whatever. I only had it coming from him because Aaron approached with a torch, and light seems to have hurt him. There for, light would bring pain, which would cause Wade to hiss. But the way you rewrote it sounds fine too. I'm assuming he's following Aaron to make that alliance you mentioned earlier, so feel free to have him come in whenever, even when he's with Celeste. Just be warned that he's not human like they are, so there's a good chance of hostility. ;) )

Aaron gulped loudly at her request. So she wasn't going to answer him, but the way she acted, the nervousness he felt from her voice indicated to him that perhaps she was not one of the creatures that lurked in the forest. Her hound, however, was still a threat, even if it seemed docile at this moment. The boy stood up, then crouched a bit with a wince, holding onto his chest as a shot of pain coursed through his ribs from the motion. A few moments later, he stood upright, wiping some mud off his pants. “My name is Aaron, and I am not from around here.” As he listened to his words, he thought they sounded strange. “I mean I'm from Earth, not this world.” Still sounding odd, he gave up trying to make any more sense. He could be talking to a monster disguised as a human, after all.

Later that night when Wade reappeared from the darkness, he found the boy covered in mud and talking to a girl and her dog a distancoe away from where the boy was last time. 'Now or never,' Wade said. 'If I'm lucky, they won't kill me.' As wade approached the group, the dog started to glare at the newcomer quite angrily. "Uuhm, hello," Wade said awkwardly, occasionally glancing at the dog in a fearful way. "I need someone to do something for me, and you two were the only people I could find." Suddenly, a bird flew by and hit wade, before resting on a tree branch nearby. "Ow! Jerk!" Wade yelled. "Anyway, I need you three to go to a cave ruin and get a bunch of theulcite. In return, I will give you a weapon that can scramble your enemies's psyches. Accept the mission?" Wade asked in a pleading tone, before wincing, afraid that one of them would commence an attack on him.

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

"Name's Celeste," she muttered. "And this is Onyx." she continued, pointing to the hound. "I'm from Earth, and I came here through a portal, at least that's what I think it was." She looked up through the trees at the rain, sighing. "And don't ask why I'm here. It's mostly because of Onyx's curiosity."( wait what I control myself stahp eet.)

Edited by gloryKAT

( sorry. i just started RP ten hours ago and the rules were a bit vague. So here's what l have so far: You can't make different characters say or do things without the others permission, and a way to do convos and such is to make a long string of sentences (enough to have it not a one liner) and then have the other person have their character say a bunch of stuff. Is there anything idk yet that i should know now?) (Also should I edit that part with you speaking out?)

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

(I can see you're trying your best to RP efficiently, so I'll try to edit your post accordingly, KidneyBeanBoy:

Later that night when Wade reappeared from the darkness, he found the boy talking to a girl and her dog not too far nearby. 'Now or never,' Wade said. 'If I'm lucky, they won't kill me.'

This intro is good.

As wade approached the group, the dog started to snarl and bare it's teeth.

The problem is this next part, you're taking control of Onyx. We're not sure if the first thing the hound will do is snarl, that is up to gloryKAT. You can twist this to indicate they might start to snarl, such as looking over at Wade, or rather, glaring over at Wade, since he is a hallucination.

"Uuhm, hello," Wade said. "I need someone to do something for me, and you two were the only people I could find."

This is good. You have your character approaching and initiating.

The boy threw his torch at him "Ow! Jerk!" Wade yelled.

Here you took control of Aaron with an action. Its a strong action too. How can you be so certain he wouldn't want to talk to this creature if it's talking to them like a normal person would?

"Oh. Sorry for that remark. I have a lot of mood swings. Anyway, I need you three to go to a cave ruin and get a bunch of theulcite. In return, I will give you a weapon that can scramble your enemies's psyches. I know of a plugged sinkhole a week's travel east from here. If you're wondering, "why can't you go in there?"" Wade paused for effect."It's because it's too dangerous for me. if I get caught in the nightmare lights, I'll get controlled by it and would be turned into one of the ruins's drones." Wade waited nervously for a reply after adding, "please don't throw that torch at me again!"

This whole part has a lot of potholes. Firstly, you're saying a whole lot all at once. Imagine someone speaking all this to you at once. Its more like a speech rather than a conversation. How could you be so sure someone wouldn't interrupt after a while? Also, he is giving away a lot of information. Perhaps Wade should see how they react before even offering them something. See if they think a weapon is worth adventureing for. Maybe something else would be more convincing for these particular people. Events and situation change, as should your character's action and speech.

I think you have potential, just not good delivery. I'll post what I think is good from your post so far:

Later that night when Wade reappeared from the darkness, he found the boy talking to a girl and her dog not too far nearby. 'Now or never,' Wade said. 'If I'm lucky, they won't kill me.' As wade approached the group, the dog glared over at the newcomer, which clearly wasn't human. "Uuhm, hello," Wade said[How did he say this? Nervously, confidently joyfully, spiteful, etc]. "I need some help and you two seem fit for the job. Interested?"

Now I would take this and bulk it up with some detail, for example(this is from my perspective, not what Wade should/would do):

Later that night when the sun was a few hours from rising, Wade reappeared from the darkness after following the small boy for some time. He found the boy covered in mud, conversing with a girl and could tell they weren't too friendly with each other by the distance they kept. There was also a dog that sat closely to the girl, a dog that looked like a hound from the Beyond, but tame and docile toward her. 'Now or never,' Wade said under his breath. 'If I'm lucky, they won't kill me.' As Wade approached the group, the dog glared over at the newcomer, which clearly wasn't human. "Uuhm, hello," Wade said with as much confidence as he could muster. "I need some help and you two seem fit for the job. Interested?" He came closer to them, showing himself in the light of the boy's torch to show he meant no harm.

I hope this helps you some, as that's all I'm trying to do. I don't mean to offend at, I'd just love to see you improve. :-) If you can re-edit your post to take less control of Aaron, Celeste and Onyx, that'd help tremendously.)

Edited by Sabeku

(...I wake up from a headache that knocked my ass out and I see this. Kidney, when I accepted you, I had no idea you hadn't roleplayed before. Are you really sure you want to be in this RP? The warning I gave to raptor can also apply to you as well... Also, Sabeku, Shadowblade is given a full description in the first post.)~To Blewcheese~"You may have your precious crown," the shadowed humanoid started to say before its sideways smirk stretched across its face, its open mouth being pure white, "but I am an Hallucination with access to the Nightmare Throne!" Stretching out its hands to either side of itself, the being possessing the scientist began muttering under its breath as the surrounding area began to heat up quite rapidly. The area was drying out fast, one false move could easily set the whole area ablaze instantly."Last time I checked, plants need water to live. Good luck fighting with shriveled-up minions!"~To Luggs~Shadowblade had manage to take in another puff from its cigar without cutting through it with its beak when Charlie mentioned the ruins, causing it to choke when it inhaled before pulling out the cigar with a wing again."Are you kidding? Percival's mind AND soul have already split in two after being on the throne for a short time, there's no telling what will happen if he gets that material!" Tapping the end of the cigar off before taking in a better puff of the cigar, the bird looked to the side in thought. "For all we know, Noir might completely erase him and take full control...an Hallucination in control of the throne, that's a scary thought."

(Is it bad that I have the headcanon that a certain character NEVER refers to Wilson by his first name, only his middle and last? XP)

Edited by Tesability

( @KidneyBeanBoy Its fine. I hope everything is well now. I know typing a post with a cell phone is difficult, and I believe there are text limits, so I can understand why your posts can't be lengthy. Make sure what you have is top-notch then! ^^ I'm also going to assume Celeste is talking to Aaron, then Wade appears for this post.) 

"Celeste and Onyx. Its good to know I'm not the only human here." He moved slightly closer to the girl and her dog, showing he was less fearful. "So... Onyx is a hound from the Beyond? How did you manage to tame it?" Aaron crouched down and stared at the dog, examining all its features. Its fur was dark, sleek like any hound he'd seen before. It's eyes were even the same kind of white. What was different, however, was that the hostility usually seen with hounds appeared to be missing in this one. Looking at Celeste for a moment, he extended his hand slowly above Onyx's head to pet. "So is it a girl or boy?" He rested his hand, letting the hound decide if this was acceptable or not.

Right after he placed his hand did a shadow emerge from the darkness behind him. "Uuhm, hello," the creature addressed them both, causing Aaron to gasp and skitter behind Celeste and her dog. The shadows warped to reveal a hallucination-type creature. Aaron recognized the shadowhand part, but was surprised at the shadowy face attached to it. It spoke, "I need someone to do something for me, and you two were the only people I could find." The boy glanced at Celeste, looking to see her opinion in her expression, then he glanced at the hound before the creature spoke once more, explaining he needed theulcite - a material Aaron never heard before - located in a cave for a strange weapon that scrambled a target's mind.

He saw the shadow creature wince and brace for an attack, his words sympathetic and very human like. Aaron didn't take the offensive, but rather stepped to Celeste's side. "And why should we help a hallucination like you?" he responded, standing as confidently as he could with his bruises and cuts.

Edit: Formatting, Spelling

Edited by Sabeku