The Beyond Breaks Free! (Roleplay thread)

Tesability

Charlie hummed happily to herself as she repaired her clockwork children. They were a small comfort in this new world Wilson lead. Reconnecting wires, replacing gears. It was routine really. She looked up at the Maxwell statue. "It's been too long, Maxxie." She whispered sorrowfully. How long had it been. A century. Since that wretched welp Wilson killed him. Sure, he didnt stab him through but disconnect from the throne. That was a death sentence. Charlie never knew what became of Maxwell after he became dust. A part of her knew its what he wanted. He had been bound to that throne for so long. All he had wished was to be free of it. And he had that now. But that didn't mean she didn't miss him. If Charlie could, she would weep. But she had no tears left to shed.

(As for the last thing I had Wilson say, let's just say he's being made to...experience...something very-nsfw. The Wilson in my head has already tried slapping me for it. *shifty eyes*)

(I'm sorry. I just threw up alittle. Never was a fan of NSFW. But lets say my brain is...creative about it.)

Celeste looked at the portal from the safety of the alleyway. Grabbing an old rock, she tossed it at the portal. She missed. Grabbing another, she chucked it with more force. It hit the side, going through. She stared at it, while Onyx whined. "Guess it won't hurt to try... But let me think." Celeste snaps. Onyx looks up at her nervously. She whimpers. "It's fine, Onyx. We'll be fine."

(As for the last thing I had Wilson say, let's just say he's being made to...experience...something very-nsfw. The Wilson in my head has already tried slapping me for it. *shifty eyes*)

(I'm sorry. I just threw up alittle. Never was a fan of NSFW. But lets say my brain is...creative about it.)

(Do I regret drawing this? No. Should I? Yes. Its SFW and OOC, but gosh, I couldn't resist the temptation to draw Wilson as a french girl.

I wish I was sorry. Back to drawing in-RP things. Also excited for Celeste to join us in the Beyond. :-) )

(I DID THIS FOR CHARLIE.)While the large crow had been staying out of the picture for the most part, it was never completely out of the way. It had been watching the various events with eyes of indigo instead of their normal black color and it could only seem to shake its head.The garden that became home for the many clockwork machinations long abandoned by Wilson was only known about by Charlie and Maxwell, no others would have known of its existance. Normally, that would keep everyone out, but somehow the red-taloned crow found it quite easily.It landed upon on of the junk piles nearby before looking up toward Charlie, actually managing a form of smile with its beak. "Say, Pal. Long time, no see."

(Surprised Charlie is Surprised.)Charlie snapped a gear in surprise at this intruding being. No one knew about this place except her and.....no. No, that wasn't possible. She turned to face the source of it. "What are yo-" A bird. A bird found her garden. She was about to turn back around when it smiled and spoke. It...it couldn't be. She stared at the bird wide eyed. "It....but....." She was in complete shock.

~To Blewcheese~"I'm afraid that gnat you all seem to worship is a bit checked-out at the moment." A wide sideways grin emerged on the scientist's face as he lifted a hand toward the general direction of the Treeguard, toward the crown in the living plant's hand. "Do you really believe we haven't heard your scheming...even before your death?"With nothing more than silent command did a large variety of black hands made of mist, Shadow Hands, emerge behind the maddened man. "Take the crown." With those words, the swarm behind him lunged forward toward Newleaf.~To Luggs~"Out of all the places I could hide, in Higgsbury's pet Croenix was probably not one you'd expect to see me in, hm?" The bird gave a slight sideways tilt to its head upon the last word, maintaining the impossible smirk on its beak the whole time. "Just because I haven't been seen doesn't mean I'm gone. Also..." The black phoenix, the Croenix, folded out a wing before using it to point toward Charlie's pipe. "Any chance I can get a puff?"

Edited by Tesability

"Sir, I don't believe you know what you're doing. The crown can only be held by the rightful heir..." Newleaf decided it was no use. With slight motion of his hand, he summoned some treeguards to parry the shadow hands, but there was only so much he could do without putting on the crown. He thought for a moment, then swiftly put the crown on.His size was the first thing to change. He began growing until he was almost double his previous height. Then, his usually black eyes began glowing dark shade of green. He looked at Wilson. "Long time no see... I suppose I shouldn't call you Wilson. But if you would like a fight, I will gladly participate." His voice had become deeper, and rougher, filled with wisdom and experience. But there was something else. A slight tinge of insanity. He began summoning more treeguards, but these seemed to be substantially more powerful than the others. The land around him was slowly growing more fertile, as he inspected Wilson's blank eyes.

Charlie chuckled. "I knew something was off about that bird." The bishop seemed to be attempting to shoot the bird but when it tried to charge, it'd short circuit. "I will gladly give you a cigarette, I will offer you a cigar." She gestured at a cigar box on the statue. "But I won't share my pipe." She placed a cigar in the crow's beak and lit it with an unusual lighter, a flower painted on it. "She fought so hard to escape me, yet even her little lighter could not defend her."she clicked it off and put it away. "Is Wilson aware? Both of your presence and of what he's doing." Charlie took her pipe and took a puff, blowing a smoke ring up into the air.

(Actually, there is a human character you can scare the life out of, Kidney.)~To Luggs~"Argh, and I was hoping for the pipe. This beak goes right through my old cigars," it spoke with a slight whine, the soul within missing the calming feeling that came with nicotine within one's lungs. It carefully held the cigar in its beak as Charlie lit the cigar with the familiar lighter, trying its best to inhale some of the sweet air into its lungs...and somewhat failing. "And that fool doesn't even realize I'm here," it managed to muffle before taking it out with a part of a wing, tapping the end of it off to one side. "Though, I suspect that damned Hallucination does..."~To Blewcheese~On guard he immediately went, wings tight to his back and his blackening hands to his sides becoming longer and ending in large claws that seemed to mirror Shadow Hands. "I'm sorry if I seem rude," He started with a bit of snark. "But I don't exactly have a name to give you, though I'm sure you have one." As he held himself into a stance more suited for combat, Wilson's whole body began to darken to a solid black color as it became both taller and leaner. The only color that seemed to remain were his clothes, minus the boots that were replaced with claws modified for standing on."I have but one question for you," the being spoke, its now-pupiless eyes trained on the main tree. "Who's gonna make the first dance move?"

Wade walked solo across the plains for a long time before anything happened. He was getting quite bored. But lo and behold, just as he stopped to take a break, a bishop ambled out of the trees. 'I guess they don't know of my past. I guess they'll pay for that!' Wade thought to himself as the bishop ambled closer. He knew the type of strategy you use when a new pawn appears on the board. Heck, he knew so much of chess, he was one of the nightmare hands that maxwell used when he was bound to the nightmare throne. He knew all the strategies. So he knew what to do when this type of thing occurred. Pre-strategizing the steps, wade started to glide to the forest nearby. Another clockwork villain, this time a horse, jumped out of the trees. This he'd never seem before. Wade attempted to turn around, but got caught straight in the light of the bishop's lighting blast, and got knocked unconscious. He hated light. The sole purpose of his existence was to remove it. But it isn't so bad, the small, weak chesspieces couldn't survive long enough to mess with without light, so surely it gave him something to do. But it was terrible. Wade thought of these things for a while in his typical angry again, calm again fashion until he woke up. And when he did, he saw an interesting character to mess with.

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy
  • Like 1

(Dang, this RP is good!! Btw, can someone open up a way to add a night hand character in? Its for my character)

I do believe you should make that scenario happen yourself, Kidney. I'll give you a little summary of whats going on below.

(Actually, there is a human character you can scare the life out of, Kidney.)

Assuming you're talking about Aaron, you'd be right, which is why I haven't had him do anything for a while. I was hoping to make a good oppertunity for new players to interact with him to start the RP and to pass the spotlight to someone else for the meantime.

Now Kidney, from what I see so far, there are a few active area you could potentially jump into:

Aaron, an earthling, is sitting alone by a fire pit, thinking about his past actions.

-Prime time for a shadow hand-creature to sneak up on him, as Tesability said.

Charlie and Wilson's large shadow-raven[named Shadowblade] are having a rather insightful conversation while sharing cigars.

-An awkward spot to jump into, seeing how you would interrupt them both.

Newleaf, a treeguard, and a possessed shadow-Wilson are about to engage in a fight.

-A even less opportune moment to come in, since their event is just about starting.

As for the other characters, I'm not sure if anyone else is active. There is a Pig with a straw hat who is more sentient that other pigs [Warren]. A girl with a hound has just entered the portal[Celeste and Onyx], and the first human who entered the Beyond is off in the woods somewhere[Ware]. But as I mentioned, these people seem to be inactive as of right now, except for Celeste.

Anyway, welcome and good luck Rping :-) I hope I got everything correct!)

Edit: More stuff

(Also, I drew a picture of Charlie as a woman with her pipe. Its how I imagined her. Working on a Wilson one now. I hope to make one for each character. I... I think I'm a little too engrossed with this RP >_>)

Edited by Sabeku

(@Sabeku I was setting things up to have Aaron encounter wade and ask to make an alliance. You can control him for that if you want as I'm a bit unsure how these character interactions occur, (convos and such are a bit confusing if you can't control the other character) but remember, wade is bipolar, tries to keep most things secret, and his goal is to get Maxwell bac... Oh, just read about my character on the application thread.)

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

(Looks cool, @Sabeku

Charlie eyes narrowed as the bird mentioned the Hallucination. "He knows. I think he just wants to see it play out." Charlie took another puff of her pipe. "I recieved news from Mr. Skits. The heart of the ruins beats once more." Charlie absent mindedly pet the knight. "As I recall, Wilson never reached that old pit. Perhaps the creatures will be more malleable." Charlie frowned. "But we must be quick. If he gains access to thulecite..."