I've been a forum stalker for about a month, admiring the drawings

Posted on mai birfdai^^

It's fine, I lurked around for about six months before posting :D

Happy birthday!

• Like 1

*paranoid* Wait, I'm not the only one in the thread?? o__O

It's fine, I lurked around for about six months before posting :grin:

Happy birthday!

I think you are the only working one here. But are you the only one person or not? I can't really say.  It's doubtful for every person in this days.

Edited by PatchDotexe

I think you are the only working one here. But are you the only one person or not? I can't really say.  It's doubtful for every person in this days.

It's fairly understandable :D Actually I thought about it. I consider an idea of a livestream drawing session or a speedpaint.

RED PINSTRIPE TWILL.

the last three feet with a huge discount, the colour, the texture, the thickness and even distance between stripes exactly I needed! Damn, are you serious?! I can't be this lucky. The tailor asked no questions, too. I just gave her the material, a photo of what I needed and she said it would be done in 14 calendar days. Just like that, amazing.

Okay, enough with the talking, BEHOLD!

(img)

But where are the black stripes? o_o

<hr>

Well, the con is over, the pictures are taken, and the impressions are shared. I have something to share as well. First of all, it was awesome! Second, it was awesome. I'm usually very picky about public events like this and I must say out of all festivals and happenings I have visited over the last five years this one is my favourite. Well organised, well led, place well picked. Great people. Lots of fandoms. I was a ghost in the crowd of thrilling characters. However, two out of 600+ people acknowledged me and it was, without any doubt, better than nothing. The con's main theme was steampunk, and even though Wilson is more of a diesel or tesla punk character, I think I fitted in well enough ^__^

[Let me know if you can't see the pictures!]

(imgs)

That turned out pretty sweet, I don't have the opportunity to scan that QR-code but where does it link? : D

But where are the black stripes? o_o

That turned out pretty sweet, I don't have the opportunity to scan that QR-code but where does it link? : D

Ummm, as far as I know pinstripe is normally white except for the case when the fabric is of any bright colour. I'd speculate the artist made it black for the sake of composition, just like black arms. *is probably doing it wrong* :grin:

The QR code leads to the Wikipedia article about DS (in Russian). I thought I should provide some information for those unfamiliar with it.

Whoa, it's time for an update!

As promised, I have made an image for Wigfrid. What she can be in the 21st century was really a question to answer. An actress impersonating a viking girl, seriously? Although, something in it, there was. Acting by the system of Stanislavsky, the mythology, the battlefield... do I hear the word "ROLEPLAY"?...

That's just perfect. And the perfect connection to others, especially Wilson. According to my plan, [spoiler ALERT!] he used to hang around with the RPers during his university years, playing DnD, waving a prop sword around and cosplaying a little bit. And Wigfrid? She could successfully be a swordfighting coach! And a perfect girl for Wolfgang.

post-250429-0-18311400-1398805491_thumb.

Wickerbottom! She needs love, too. After thinking carefully -- and watching Maeryl Strip in Devil Wears Prada -- I gotta do it. :-) She may be annoying, but no matter how annoying she is, there is always a personality behind the image.

post-250429-0-99566200-1398805507_thumb.

Sometimes there is no obvious idea in a picture. Banana is just a banana, right? So that's one of those. No particular meaning, no relation to any of my upcoming stories, I just felt a sudden urge to draw a Hollywood kiss with a bunch of tentacles in the foreground seconds before they attack. Simple as that. 

post-250429-0-47078600-1398805847_thumb.

Movie poster, you dA guys should know it. My entry for the competition held by @Miss and @ZombiDJ. 3-4 hours. Probably the quickest movie poster in history XD 

post-250429-0-27335500-1398805578_thumb.

And Wilson the vanilla kid >:3 (work in progress!!) There's actually an explanation behind the title. Vanilla is the russian term for hipster. The term originates from a facebook status frequently used by hipster girls. The original quote included sitting on the window sill, smoking vanilla cigarettes and drinking black coffee. I'm not trying to present him as a hipster, it was just a random idea. Mr Higgsbury never suffers from his solitude -- he enjoys it :grin:

:wilson_resigned: "Coffee is too mainstream, I choose pu-er."

post-250429-0-56248700-1398805618_thumb.

Edited by Rocky Springs
  • Like 9

oooohhh my god you're gonna kill me with this stuff ;A;
I finally come back on the forums to check your work since I felt a rush to draw some DS art again to help with my block and hoLY JEEZUS NEW ART FROM YOU
Wigfrid looks great and DnD playing / Hipster Wilson? Oh god my heart.
Don't even get me started on that kiss scene you drew noPE its perfect
And I really loved your contest entry! I even set it as my ipod wallpaper for a week!

I really like your recent art, it reminds me of a modern adaptation of Romeo and Juliet that Leonardo DiCaprio starred in a few years back, with the hip clothes and interesting roles you have chosen for the characters. Wigfrid as a swordfighting coach is a really smart idea; now you just have to figure out how to get a zombie child living in a dead spider (Webber) into a modern equivalent  :wilson_wink:

Wickerbottom! She needs love, too. After thinking carefully -- and watching Maeryl Strip in Devil Wears Prada -- I gotta do it. :-) She may be annoying, but no matter how annoying she is, there is always a personality behind the image.

(img)

Yes we need more Wickerbottom! She's my favourite playable character after Wilson because of that extra science level :grin:

Sometimes there is no obvious idea in a picture. Banana is just a banana, right? So that's one of those. No particular meaning, no relation to any of my upcoming stories, I just felt a sudden urge to draw a Hollywood kiss with a bunch of tentacles in the foreground seconds before they attack. Simple as that. 

(img)

I'll just put the word "badass" here, because only an intrepid gentleman scientist and pyromaniac would stand in the middle of a tentacle field kissing.

Movie poster, you dA guys should know it. My entry for the competition held by @Miss and @ZombiDJ. 3-4 hours. Probably the quickest movie poster in history XD 

(img)

ZombiDJ, Chris and I loved this poster although you consider it sketchy. It's a shame we weren't allowed to judge it haha xD

And Wilson the vanilla kid >:3 (work in progress!!) There's actually an explanation behind the title. Vanilla is the russian term for hipster. The term originates from a facebook status frequently used by hipster girls. The original quote included sitting on the window sill, smoking vanilla cigarettes and drinking black coffee. I'm not trying to present him as a hipster, it was just a random idea. Mr Higgsbury never suffers from his solitude -- he enjoys it :grin:

:wilson_resigned: "Coffee is too mainstream, I choose pu-er."

(img)

Wilson, soon your lungs will be as black as Maxwell's.

Wigfrid and Wilson as LARPers/RPers is simultaneously the mosT HILARIOUS and most awESOME thing I've ever heard of!! Gosh! So glad you posted some new work *v* it's always great getting to see what you're working on!!!

oooohhh my god you're gonna kill me with this stuff ;A;

I finally come back on the forums to check your work since I felt a rush to draw some DS art again to help with my block and hoLY JEEZUS NEW ART FROM YOU

Wigfrid looks great and DnD playing / Hipster Wilson? Oh god my heart.

Don't even get me started on that kiss scene you drew noPE its perfect

And I really loved your contest entry! I even set it as my ipod wallpaper for a week!

Yay! I am the inspiration, how cool is that!  :happypigs:

I really like your recent art, it reminds me of a modern adaptation of Romeo and Juliet that Leonardo DiCaprio starred in a few years back, with the hip clothes and interesting roles you have chosen for the characters. Wigfrid as a swordfighting coach is a really smart idea; now you just have to figure out how to get a zombie child living in a dead spider (Webber) into a modern equivalent  :wilson_wink:

Now that's a quest! O_____O yeah, I guess I remember the film, it was an interesting take in its time. One of my watchers on dA said that my Willow reminds her of Liz from Hellboy. What if I compare Wilson to Hellboy?

Wow, I would like to buy few tickets on that movie!

Sound like some spider-man reference

Have you seen "The Man Spider" by SMOSH? If not, do watch it! ;)

Yes we need more Wickerbottom! She's my favourite playable character after Wilson because of that extra science level :grin:

I'll just put the word "badass" here, because only an intrepid gentleman scientist and pyromaniac would stand in the middle of a tentacle field kissing.

ZombiDJ, Chris and I loved this poster although you consider it sketchy. It's a shame we weren't allowed to judge it haha xD

Wilson, soon your lungs will be as black as Maxwell's.

She can make a great character, maybe a true neutral in 21st century and a kind of elder sister figure in the original story (did I mention I'm planning a bilinear narrative?)

Sadly, people never start smoking for good reasons, Wilson is no exception :(

Chuck Norris approves, eh? Haha :grin: I never spared them a kiss in the story, though.

Wigfrid and Wilson as LARPers/RPers is simultaneously the mosT HILARIOUS and most awESOME thing I've ever heard of!! Gosh! So glad you posted some new work *v* it's always great getting to see what you're working on!!!

And it's always great to get a response from you! :D

What if I compare Wilson to Hellboy?

I remember that old film... It looked fun. Was it about eight or nine years ago? And when i mention "that old film"... That sound really wrong, It's not that old...

Have you seen "The Man Spider" by SMOSH? If not, do watch it! 

Didn't saw it before. Good ironical parody. Thanks for tip.

Sadly, people never start smoking for good reasons, Wilson is no exception

Just people do it wrong. Personally, I don't smoke for a bad reason. Didn't start that because of spite. And now I can make fun of my friends.(Not all obviously. Some of them got under my influence, back in those days.)

Edited by PatchDotexe

I remember that old film... It looked fun. Was it about eight or nine years ago? And when i mention "that old film"... That sound really wrong, It's not that old...

Didn't saw it before. Good ironical parody. Thanks for tip.

Just people do it wrong. Personally, I don't smoke for a bad reason. Didn't start that because of spite. And now I can make fun of my friends.(Not all obviously. Some of them got under my influence, back in those days.)

I guess there should be some Hellboy comics available in Russian translation. Try searching for them, comics are actually quite more informative. The film was great, though :-)

Smoking indicates trouble, but trouble is not to solve by smoking. That's what I'm trying to show.

da-da-da DUMMMM! Yep, yep. This day has come. After long and painful thinking of pros and cons I made the decision (hopefully right one).

I opened a blog on Tumblr. Special for my Don't Starve loot\fan art and a storage for my upcoming graphic novel, XXI. I tried searching for a better title, uhhh, there wasn't any, so, well, let it be.

The content is going to include 1) XXI -- the flagship; 2) random drawings; 3) rough sketches; 4) materials considered inappropriate on the forum (not safe for work).

p.1 is expected to be p.4 sometimes. And as I'm going to repost the comic here, -- by all means, -- omissions will be announced in advance.

Here is the first upload. :-)

tumblr_n567uvRvOS1taw94go1_1280.jpg

• Like 7

I don't really read comics or manga. Little hard with those, even more harder if animation or film already created. I know... I lose much interesting stories, but i kind of just can't deal with it. Yeah.

Will you keep posting your art here? I really care about this. Because my mind not enough tolerant to accept Tumblr's rule list. I don't like this one.

And how are you fill about Don't Starve Together. I mean... multiplayer.

Edited by PatchDotexe

I don't really read comics or manga. Little hard with those, even more harder if animation or film already created. I know... I lose much interesting stories, but i kind of just can't deal with it. Yeah.

Will you keep posting your art here? I really care about this. Because my mind not enough tolerant to accept Tumblr's rule list. I don't like this one.

And how are you fill about Don't Starve Together. I mean... multiplayer.

Whoa, whoa, hold it! I'm not going to ship Wilson and Maxwell! (If you mean THAT kind of stuff) But even then, I understand that some images are inappropriate for the forums. The story's going to include a bunch of real-life aspects you won't see in the game, so I just want to make it safe. After all, we all live in different surroundings and sometimes we need to make sure we can control what we see online. Some users may get in trouble if somebody catches them looking at, say, pictures of a burnt dead body (no mention that a burnt dead body is not fun to look at). There's no filter for disturbing materials in here, so I filter them with my own two hands.

Other than that, I'm going to update this thread on a regular basis :)

Me and my partner where wondering what Wilson's tattoo was? Is there any way we can see it or is that saved for a part of the comic?

Not much of a secret, really :) I can upload it as a separate image, OR on Wilson. Yep, you heard the word topless XD

• Like 1

Whoa, whoa, hold it! I'm not going to ship Wilson and Maxwell! (If you mean THAT kind of stuff)

I glad to hear it. I am really glad!  :mrgreen:

_______

But even then, I understand that some images are inappropriate for the forums. 

_______

I got your point. And you are right... Okay, obviously worth it. I got enough fun at that topic, and god damn i love way you draw Wendy. Sometimes I will look at there. At least no need to register. 

Edited by PatchDotexe

Please do! I follow you on tumblr so if you could upload it there too I'd be grateful

The tattoo itself isn't a part of the story, the reason he had it -- is. But I'll save it for Wilson to tell :grin:

I glad to hear it. I am really glad!  :mrgreen:

_______

_______

I got your point. And you are right... Okay, obviously worth it. I got enough fun at that topic, and god damn i love way you draw Wendy. Sometimes I will look at there. At least no need to register. 

Tumblr may require an account; as I know it's, however, allowed to view single blog at a time.

Wendy is one of my favourite characters just for the amount of personality she can be given, if treated properly (if not, there is always a risk of making a yet another Lenor the cute little dead girl :grin:)

"Umbra" 

I'm blind... Just noticed the inscription on the t-shirt... That's good one.

И да... С Днем Победы.

Аминь, бро.

It is a logotype for Maxwell's company. I'm going to share a high-res version of it soon.

Tumblr may require an account; as I know it's, however, allowed to view single blog at a time.

Wendy is one of my favourite characters just for the amount of personality she can be given, if treated properly (if not, there is always a risk of making a yet another Lenor the cute little dead girl :grin:)

Well, anyway, I probably will not use an account. I'm not an artist, and I never liked whole social network thing. 

Yeah, even in the game we can get enough of interesting references from that little girl. But probably I never would see her personality, because of my style of communication. But I'm okay with it. 

Well, anyway, I probably will not use an account. I'm not an artist, and I never liked whole social network thing. 

Yeah, even in the game we can get enough of interesting references from that little girl. But probably I never would see her personality, because of my style of communication. But I'm okay with it. 

Don't worry, I'll do it for you :-)

Reblog time! @Maximum124 requested a full version of Wilson's tattoo. So here it is.

Say, turns out I can draw tattoos, who'd predict that. Still not good enough in Japanese graphics though. The true intention was just to copy the traditional way of drawing Koi, but as always I got carried away and the poor thingies ended up looking like dragons XD okay, let it be!

Why Koi? As told before, I was first inspired by Mark Of the Ninja and thought some oriental tattoos would look great on Wilson. A little later I googled some information about the Japanese tattoo semantics -- Koi in particular -- and ABSOLUTELY loved the meaning behind it. Koi is a very strong symbol in the culture of Japan, they call it "samurai fish" because its life is a neverending challenge and a battle for life. Koi stands for a tough, determined person. A fighter, unbreakable, fearless, looking in the death's face through unfazed eyes. Good enough for the intrepid gentleman scientist?  :wilson_vforvictory:

tumblr_n5du4oFirK1taw94go1_1280.jpg

So how it looks on Wilson?

WARNING! The following material is questionable in the sense of safety because I tend to go a little bit too far when it comes for drawing guys with their shirts off. Even worse is that the time of the day, or the day of the month and phase of the moon don't really matter -- I shouldn't be allowed to draw hot guys, they peel my every single fetish for everyone to see. Damn, I just wanted to show what Wilson's tattoo sleeve looks like! >__<
(oh well, now at least I have a proof that women do objectify men, just as men objectify women. It goes both ways.)
All in all, he looks reasonably natural. Right?

tumblr_n5du4oFirK1taw94go2_1280.jpg
  • Like 3

Thanks again for drawing it! I can't wait for the actual comic! I just love having refs of things, and I really love your modern Wilson design. Expect some fanart of him! (if I can ever get around to actually drawing anything.............)

I wouldn't worry about a shirtless guy much, as my understanding of the forum rules are as long as it's not sexually explicit/or has a bunch of gore in It you should be fine.