The Beyond Breaks Free! (Interest/Application thread)

Tesability

Klei Entertainment had no idea what would happen as they designed, crafted and produced the game we all know as "Don't Starve". They had no idea that a mirrored reality had formed based upon the game, leading the various characters to their perceived doom like unwilling lambs to the slaughter.

Well, one of them has had it.

Using the power of the Throne he is imprisoned upon, the now-insane Wilson has managed to break open a rip in reality, allowing the various horrors of the world to leak over to our world.

The scientist has declared war upon the Earth and various people whom have played the game are disappearing and being pulled back into the world that has now become known as the Beyond. However, the magic that is abundant in the Beyond is leaking back into the Earth, allowing normal humans to develop their own unique abilities in defense of their home. The ultimate question is this: Will you aid in defending the Earth and resealing the rip in space?

~Rules~

1. Post in order of appearance. Think of this being like a D&D RP, only minus all the extra numbers.

2. Godmodding will get you into serious trouble, both in and out of the RP. If I suspect you're doing so, I have a few things to counter such actions. If they are overcome anyway, you're instantly out of the RP, no chance to reincarnate even if you have one. Neither Wilson nor They play around.

3. Write properly. Chatspeak, capslocking en masse or horrible typing will also net some trouble. Altered words in character speech are alright if they are used for an unusual speaking pattern.

4. I hope to be able to rewrite this RP into a proper story if it finishes, so keep this in mind as you write your posts.

5. In creating your character, do try to keep it as balanced as possible. If you wish to be more weak than strong, that's up to you.

6. Due to the fact that the two worlds have synched together in time during this reality breach and there's an estimated 70/80-year difference between the game and our world, no other character from Don't Starve may be played. The only reason Wilson is around is due to the fact that the throne won't let him age. Wilson himself is also unplayable by other anyone other than myself.

7. You don't have to be one of the folks defending the earth, you can be a creature aiding in Wilson's mad takeover plot. If you do decide to aid in attacking the world instead of defending it, the mad scientist has final say on things you do and you HAVE to obey if an order is given. Otherwise, you have fair reign in causing madness.

8. Characters representing anyone from Klei Entertainment cannot be taken except by people actually working for the company. Example: No one may play Kevin but Kevin himself. I do not wish for anyone to wind up in potential hot water because an employee was misrepresented by an RPer.

~Profile~

Name:

Race:

Appearance:

Personality:

Abilities: (Optional)

Edited by Tesability

Name: WarrenRace: PigAppearance: Warren looks like just about any other pig, except for a few things: He generally keeps his mouth shut, and he wears a pair of khaki pants and a straw hat.Personality: Warren is a bit different from other pigs in that he is a little more refined and amiable, choosing to help others because are good people, not just because they gave him something to eat. With a sense of right and wrong comparable almost to humans, he is not okay with things considered evil.Abilities: Being a pig, Warren's hide is particularly tough as such, making him an excellent combatant; compared to other pigs he is also smarter by a margin. Food is all he needs to feel healthy again after taking a beating. While he won't panic, the dusk and nighttime without a fire is very unnerving to him without a fire close by.

Name: WarrenRace: PigAppearance: Warren looks like just about any other pig, except for a few things: He generally keeps his mouth shut, and he wears a pair of khaki pants and a straw hat.Personality: Warren is a bit different from other pigs in that he is a little more refined and amiable, choosing to help others because are good people, not just because they gave him something to eat. With a sense of right and wrong comparable almost to humans, he is not okay with things considered evil.Abilities: Being a pig, Warren's hide is particularly tough as such, making him an excellent combatant; compared to other pigs he is also smarter by a margin. Food is all he needs to feel healthy again after taking a beating. While he won't panic, the dusk and nighttime without a fire is very unnerving to him without a fire close by.

From what little I've seen in other threads, I'd say you are accepted. Now, others need to join in for this to get rolling...

Name: Charlie (Thought I might try)Race: Human(formerly) monsterous abomination (currently)Appearance: While extensions of Charlie are capable of leaving the shadow, Charlie herself can not. As a result, no one has seen her true form. What is mostly seen that indicate her presence is a pair of glowing eyes and a pair of shadowy hands reaching out to snuff out light. If she needs to, Charlie can take the form of a woman's shadow, allowing her briefly to dart between dark locations.Personality: Charlie's time as the night monster has corrupted her. As a result, she has grown cruel and vile, she revels in toying with her prey. Because no being seems capable of hurting her, she is arrogant and sometimes foolish. She is bitter that maxwell has been removed from the throne but They placed binding magics on her so she can not disobey Wilson.Abilities: -control over insanity creatures such as terrorbeaks, crawling horrors, and Mr. skits.-can manipulate a pair of night hands as a form of attack.-cannot exist long in the light.-when in shadow form, can't use any of her powers. Shadow form is also extremely draining, forcing her to use it sparingly. -healing factor when submerged in darkness

Edited by Luggs

Name: NewleafRace: Treeguardgender: MaleAppearance: Pretty much my avatarAge: 20Pros: Has a small control over plants and whatnot. (example: can wrap enemies in vines) Also can summon treeguards to his aid. He has the crown of nature. When he wears it he is possessed by the keeper of nature, who is incredibly powerful.Cons: when possessed he has no memories and cannot control the keeper of nature. If he is not the keeper, controlling nature makes him very tired. Weak to fire.Backstory: He was the prince of the Treeguard kingdom until the kingdom was attacked by hounds and was completely destroyed. He managed to escape with his life and the legendary crown that had been passed through his family for generations

name:Kampusrace:mad krampusappearance:like a normal krampus, but he is black and his sack has a skull on itpersonality:an mad and half insane trick betrayer, he says he is an merchant and if you traded with him he knocks you out and steals his traded stuff back, he not appears when you kill innocent creatures, but when you steal other life forms stuffabilities:can -summon very small krampis- jump in his sack to flee-stumbles when he has stealed stuff in his sackside:wilsons

Edited by Rabbitfist

Name: NewleafRace: Treeguardgender: MaleAppearance: Pretty much my avatarAge: 20Pros: Has a small control over plants and whatnot. (example: can wrap enemies in vines) Also can summon treeguards to his aid. He has the crown of nature. When he wears it he is possessed by the keeper of nature, who is incredibly powerful.Cons: when possessed he has no memories and cannot control the keeper of nature. If he is not the keeper, controlling nature makes him very tired. Weak to fire.Backstory: He was the prince of the Treeguard kingdom until the kingdom was attacked by hounds and was completely destroyed. He managed to escape with his life and the legendary crown that had been passed through his family for generations

name:Kampusrace:mad krampusappearance:like a normal krampus, but he is black and his sack has a skull on itpersonality:an mad and half insane trick betrayer, he says he is an merchant and if you traded with him he knocks you out and steals his traded stuff back, he not appears when you kill innocent creatures, but when you steal other life forms stuffabilities:can -summon very small krampis- jump in his sack to flee-stumbles when he has stealed stuff in his sackside:wilsons

I am uneasy about either one of you two joining. If you really wish to join, both of you need to send me a sample intro post with your chosen characters. And Rabbit, there's a reason I didn't add to the form which side each character was on, I was allowing for the freedom to swap sides at will. Prove to me that you are serious and we will see if either of you are accepted or not.

A sample intro post? I don't know what you mean by that but I'll give it a shot anyway!Another one. This was the third one that he had seen in one day. It appeared to be a rip or some kind. When he looked through it, all he could see was the void. The crown called to him. It told him to enter the rip, but listening to it was never a good idea. However, he could hear something through it. Voices that invited him, called to him, urged for him... To join them. He gripped the crown harder. Whatever was on the other side, he was ready for it. He closed his eyes and stepped through.I don't know if that was what you were looking for, but I did it anyway. If that's not the kind of thing you wanted, then please tell me.

A sample intro post? I don't know what you mean by that but I'll give it a shot anyway!Another one. This was the third one that he had seen in one day. It appeared to be a rip or some kind. When he looked through it, all he could see was the void. The crown called to him. It told him to enter the rip, but listening to it was never a good idea. However, he could hear something through it. Voices that invited him, called to him, urged for him... To join them. He gripped the crown harder. Whatever was on the other side, he was ready for it. He closed his eyes and stepped through.I don't know if that was what you were looking for, but I did it anyway. If that's not the kind of thing you wanted, then please tell me.

I simply needed proof that you could be serious with your writing and I am pleasantly surprised. You and Newleaf are accepted. Now, I'm getting plenty of residents from the Beyond, but no one from the Earth to possibly defend or double-cross it. :/

Name: DaemgagRace:Bunnyman (Formerly) Corrupted Beardlord (Current)Appearance:7'3 feet in height, covered in beard hair. Eyes are a sickly yellow instead of red. Wears a custom set of night armor.Personality:Years of being at Wilson's side have left Daemgag a twisted version of his former self. He delights in cruelty and suffering of others. He is very calm and talks in a soothing voice. He enjoys playing around with victims before brutally murdering them.Abilities: Being with Wilson since he arrived to the throne has given him powers over lesser nightmare creatures. He can command beardlings into a swarm, sending them wave after wave towards a target. He is also able to make a target insane as long as he can focus.

Alright,I have an idea for a character from earth, but I need to ask: is this based in the future, and if not, could we still use robots similar to Wx78?

Hm. This RP takes place in the here and now, in the year 2013. While under normal conditions, such automatons wouldn't last long enough to be functional, a few that have been very-well taken care of over time could possibly be able to show up.

Name: DaemgagRace:Bunnyman (Formerly) Corrupted Beardlord (Current)Appearance:7'3 feet in height, covered in beard hair. Eyes are a sickly yellow instead of red. Wears a custom set of night armor.Personality:Years of being at Wilson's side have left Daemgag a twisted version of his former self. He delights in cruelty and suffering of others. He is very calm and talks in a soothing voice. He enjoys playing around with victims before brutally murdering them.Abilities: Being with Wilson since he arrived to the throne has given him powers over lesser nightmare creatures. He can command beardlings into a swarm, sending them wave after wave towards a target. He is also able to make a target insane as long as he can focus.

Darn your creepypasta, boy. I tossed around that particular possibility in my head and it does seem reasonable that the scientist would have some degree of bodyguards when he attempts to rest. You and Daemgag are accepted. Edited by Tesability

Klei Entertainment had no idea what would happen as they designed, crafted and produced the game we all know as "Don't Starve". They had no idea that a mirrored reality had formed based upon the game, leading the various characters to their perceived doom like unwilling lambs to the slaughter.

Well, one of them has had it.

Using the power of the Throne he is imprisoned upon, the now-insane Wilson has managed to break open a rip in reality, allowing the various horrors of the world to leak over to our world.

The scientist has declared war upon the Earth and various people whom have played the game are disappearing and being pulled back into the world that has now become known as the Beyond. However, the magic that is abundant in the Beyond is leaking back into the Earth, allowing normal humans to develop their own unique abilities in defense of their home. The ultimate question is this: Will you aid in defending the Earth and resealing the rip in space?

~Rules~

1. Post in order of appearance. Think of this being like a D&D RP, only minus all the extra numbers.

2. Godmodding will get you into serious trouble, both in and out of the RP. If I suspect you're doing so, I have a few things to counter such actions. If they are overcome anyway, you're instantly out of the RP, no chance to reincarnate even if you have one. Neither Wilson nor They play around.

3. Write properly. Chatspeak, capslocking en masse or horrible typing will also net some trouble. Altered words in character speech are alright if they are used for an unusual speaking pattern.

4. I hope to be able to rewrite this RP into a proper story if it finishes, so keep this in mind as you write your posts.

5. In creating your character, do try to keep it as balanced as possible. If you wish to be more weak than strong, that's up to you.

6. Due to the fact that the two worlds have synched together in time during this reality breach and there's an estimated 70/80-year difference between the game and our world, no other character from Don't Starve may be played. The only reason Wilson is around is due to the fact that the throne won't let him age. Wilson himself is also unplayable by other anyone other than myself.

7. You don't have to be one of the folks defending the earth, you can be a creature aiding in Wilson's mad takeover plot. If you do decide to aid in attacking the world instead of defending it, the mad scientist has final say on things you do and you HAVE to obey if an order is given. Otherwise, you have fair reign in causing madness.

8. Characters representing anyone from Klei Entertainment cannot be taken except by people actually working for the company. Example: No one may play Kevin but Kevin himself. I do not wish for anyone to wind up in potential hot water because an employee was misrepresented by an RPer.

~Profile~

Name:

Race:

Appearance:

Personality:

Abilities: (Optional)

name:Jackie

race:human

appearance:he is an guy of freedom.as he seen that the earth gets attacked he made an group of freedom fighters.after the attack started the unknown attackers destroyed las vegas and the freedom fighters had to flee into the desert of nevada.

abilities:none, he is just an human

personality:stubborn

Name:WhyteGender:MaleRace:Human/GoldhornAppearance:When human, he is a Caucasian boy with blond hair and blue eyes.He normally wears a plain black t-shirt and white cargo shorts.On one wrist he wears a black bandanna with white designs and on the other wrist a white bandanna with black designs.Backstory:When he was young he lived in a wealthy family and Whyte loved to hunt with his father and brother.One day he was hunting alone on his horse when he saw golden horns rising over a small tree.He chased the animal with golden horns and cornered it.He was about to shoot it when there was a bright flash of light and the white deer with golden horns was gone.He felt behind his ears and felt ivory bumps.If he concentrated hard enough on the deer he would become one of it's kind.Though when he changed into the deer and afterwards he was hungry and confused.Abilities:Can change into a dear but loses hunger and sanity afterwards.He also is not the best with melee weapons and doesn't know how to use them as well.More damage for ranged weapons.Less for melee.

Edited by TheBunnymen

Name: Ware

Race: Human

Appearance: Generally wears a dark and light green hoodie, unkempt hair, as well as blue eyes.

Backstory: Ware wasn't normal to the others, and before the rip opened, he was thought of as a nobody. However, his endless paranoia proved to be right, as he says "I saw this coming". He was generally weaker than the others, but when encountering a wolf while camping out, he proved himself. This caused his paranoia, and so, being an adequate craftsman, made a steel sword that, when the rip formed, was sucked in, but Ware got it back, and after that it was unbreakable.

Personality: Always paranoid, is not your friend, but not your foe. Completely shuts himself out of anything social when insane.

Abilities: Likes to sneak around, and usually isnt caught due to experience. He's once stated "I like the dark. It lets me be invisible." He also has a small amount of night vision, from being in the dark for so long as well as having a liking for carrots. Weapons and armor he crafts are generally better. Pretty weak, stat-wise as well as having trouble breaking rocks, cutting down things, hammering structures, etc.

Also, if it's important,

Edited by Cnaibdoge

name:Jackie

race:human

appearance:he is an guy of freedom.as he seen that the earth gets attacked he made an group of freedom fighters.after the attack started the unknown attackers destroyed las vegas and the freedom fighters had to flee into the desert of nevada.

abilities:none, he is just an human

personality:stubborn

*eyes start glowing red* Get OUT of my thread. You obviously don't give enough of a care to put any true thought to whom you're playing as nor truly care for this roleplay.

Name:Whyte

Race:Human/Goldhorn

Appearance:When human, he is a Caucasian boy with blond hair and blue eyes.He normally wears a plain black t-shirt and white cargo shorts.On one wrist he wears a black bandanna with white designs and on the other wrist a white bandanna with black designs.

Backstory:When he was young he lived in a wealthy family and Whyte loved to hunt with his father and brother.One day he was hunting alone on his horse when he saw golden horns rising over a small tree.He chased the animal with golden horns and cornered it.He was about to shoot it when there was a bright flash of light and the white deer with golden horns was gone.He felt behind his ears and felt ivory bumps.If he concentrated hard enough on the deer he would become one of it's kind.Though when he changed into the deer and afterwards he was hungry and confused.

Abilities:Can change into a dear but loses hunger and sanity afterwards.He also is not the best with melee weapons and doesn't know how to use them as well. More damage for ranged weapons. Less for melee.

With this editation, you avoided being denied along with Rabbitfist. You need to improve your overall grammar, but I think that can come with practice. You and Whyte are accepted.

Name: Ware

Race: Human

Appearance: Generally wears a dark and light green hoodie, unkempt hair, as well as blue eyes.

Backstory: Ware wasn't normal to the others, and before the rip opened, he was thought of as a nobody. However, his endless paranoia proved to be right, as he says "I saw this coming". He was generally weaker than the others, but when encountering a wolf while camping out, he proved himself. This caused his paranoia, and so, being an adequate craftsman, made a steel sword that, when the rip formed, was sucked in, but Ware got it back, and after that it was unbreakable.

Personality: Always paranoid, is not your friend, but not your foe. Completely shuts himself out of anything social when insane.

Abilities: Likes to sneak around, and usually isnt caught due to experience. He's once stated "I like the dark. It lets me be invisible." He also has a small amount of night vision, from being in the dark for so long as well as having a liking for carrots. Weapons and armor he crafts are generally better. Pretty weak, stat-wise as well as having trouble breaking rocks, cutting down things, hammering structures, etc.

Also, if it's important,

I do dare suggest that you take care as there IS a Charlie in this RP you'd have to outrun in the darkness of night. Also, while age wasn't exactly listed, it is interesting to know anyway. You and Ware are accepted. Take care to not let your character's paranoia be the end of you.

Also, I just took a tally and there's five (including Charlie) from the Beyond and only two from Earth. If you want to play as an Earth resident, but do NOT want to be a human, you don't have to be. It's possible to be some form of animal that's been given unusual abilities (nothing akin to werewolfism, please. That's just been done).

Edited by Tesability

Name: zomnat, son of maxwell Race: human/zombie/demonAppearance: 5 ft 6 very skinny, has spiked up hair, also many scars on his bodyPersonality: fun loving, yet dark and horrifying during the shadow-phaseAbilities: doesn't take fire damage, comes with free backpack, at times will turn into shadownat

Name: zomnat, son of maxwell Race: human/zombie/demonAppearance: 5 ft 6 very skinny, has spiked up hair, also many scars on his bodyPersonality: fun loving, yet dark and horrifying during the shadow-phaseAbilities: doesn't take fire damage, comes with free backpack, at times will turn into shadownat

...I just yelled at another person for this, and you try to post up something that's not even a good attempt of a character? Also, I severely doubt that, even while upon the throne, Maxwell would be considered a true demon and wouldn't be able to pass such traits to his children. You don't even explain how you're also a zombie and a zombie that doesn't fear flame? GET OUT.

...I just yelled at another person for this, and you try to post up something that's not even a good attempt of a character? Also, I severely doubt that, even while upon the throne, Maxwell would be considered a true demon and wouldn't be able to pass such traits to his children. You don't even explain how you're also a zombie and a zombie that doesn't fear flame? GET OUT.

damn man..... no need for such hate......devil: you are a mockery of life you know that? firstly zombies do not fear flame, if they did there simple minds couldn't comprehend this. much like yours! another thing, the reason we didn't explain his true origin is because he is a mystery? you know something to figure out! and finally... we read the comments, YOU HAD NEVER YELLED AT ANYONE YOU FESTERING LITTLE WELP! ugh you humans sicken me at times

damn man..... no need for such hate......devil: you are a mockery of life you know that? firstly zombies do not fear flame, if they did there simple minds couldn't comprehend this. much like yours! another thing, the reason we didn't explain his true origin is because he is a mystery? you know something to figure out! and finally... we read the comments, YOU HAD NEVER YELLED AT ANYONE YOU FESTERING LITTLE WELP! ugh you humans sicken me at times

Um... I don't think that's a good idea...