So graves do not resapwn right?

Because I am in trouble since I researched all my amulets a long time ago. I swear I probably gathered like 20 of them and that could have given me 20 lives. I am on day 125 and have a pretty nice set up, should I start a new game when the update comes out or switch back to wilson and make a crap ton of effigies? I only have one made right now because I literally have not come close to dying with my pig army and constant supply of food from my garden and berry bushes. I think that is why they are making it harder in the first place, so it won't be a cake walk. Should I just see how it plays out and try to fight off the dogs off, or just start a new game and collect a bunch of amulets before the update?

if you really have no graves left to dig, I suggest make a cupple of effigies indeed. Play along until you die, and then start over again.

I have the feeling thast the game indeed might be a lot more entertaining to start from scratch with the new update coming, I won't kill myself for that anyway, but I won't be too sad if the hounds get my aswell. I did some preparations, if they are not enough to keep me alive at the daycount I am in now, I don't care, I always enjoyed starting on a new island, and I bet from now on, this will be even more entertaining!

I have the feeling thast the game indeed might be a lot more entertaining to start from scratch with the new update coming, I won't kill myself for that anyway, but I won't be too sad if the hounds get my aswell. I did some preparations, if they are not enough to keep me alive at the daycount I am in now, I don't care, I always enjoyed starting on a new island, and I bet from now on, this will be even more entertaining!

Same here... as I'm on Day 130+ I figure the hounds will have it in for me starting tomorrow. I've made preparations and have my 2 amulets. I may dig up the few other graves on my islands (I stopped digging up graves when I learned the "grave respawn" was a bug), but then again dying wouldn't be the end of the world. I also have my spears and extra log suits ready... however Kevin's comment that armor will no longer prevent all damage from getting through to your Health may put another nail in our coffins.

Well, I have 4 cooked mandrakes and lots of honey on me to counter that. Still dying would not be too big a deal, would be interesting to see when dogs will first how up day wise.

Well anyone who has survived over 120 days should expect to see them very quickly.

True, it will be interesting to see how long all of us can survive in the dogwars:p

Agreed. I think for the first few days I'll actually sit inside my "fort" and try to determine how often the hounds appear. I have more than enough food to spare so I won't need to hunt during this period. Better safe than sorry. ;)

What if I build a bunch of trees really close together forming a giant square around my farm? Do you think that they could pass through them? I would have my garden and berry bushes along with my pigs, so dying would not be an issue, only if I adventure out and collect things. Or do you think they just spawn off screen randomly?

What if I build a bunch of trees really close together forming a giant square around my farm? Do you think that they could pass through them?

Yes and no. Trees can sometimes form a barricade that confuses pathfinding, but I've just as easily seen creatures pass through a wall of trees, so it's hard to say. I would aim for a more certain wall... try building walls of chests. They're not cheap in terms of logs, but you will have a clear idea how close they are from one another.

I would have my garden and berry bushes along with my pigs, so dying would not be an issue, only if I adventure out and collect things. Or do you think they just spawn off screen randomly?

Pigs to protect you...? Be careful of the full moon then. As to how the hounds will appear, that's anyone's guess right now, but IMHO, I imagine they will spawn off-screen only being announced prior by howling. In this way they can strike at you no matter where you are on the islands (unlike spiders). The best plan is to play is safe for the first few days and figure this out. That or stay offline until after people start posting about them. ;)

I had 2 respawning graves in my current game.

I have like 7/8 spider nests near a few graves. 2 of them lost their tombstone and refilled by themselves. I guess it's a bug assosciated with spider nests devlopment.

Graves should not refill/respawn, but you're correct, I've also noticed that some of my gravestones have disappeared. Of course I had already dug up those graves so it's a non-issue for my current map. Maybe an adjustment was done for # of graves per map?

I have built my own pig houses and I have never seen my pigs turn into werepigs! I have had a group of wild ones above my farm turn but mine have yet to turn, I destroyed the wild ones and used the supplies to make my own. Are they supposed to turn? And I guess I will have to get Wilson back out and grow a beard to make some more effigies. His beard is gone after you switch back is it not?

I have built my own pig houses and I have never seen my pigs turn into werepigs! I have had a group of wild ones above my farm turn but mine have yet to turn, I destroyed the wild ones and used the supplies to make my own. Are they supposed to turn? And I guess I will have to get Wilson back out and grow a beard to make some more effigies. His beard is gone after you switch back is it not?

If your pigs are caught during a full-moon outside their houses, they will turn and hunt you down (but normally they run at home at sunset and full moon will not affect them)

You question about the beard, Yes, it will disappear and sadly you need to grow it again over a couple of weeks (make sure to shave every time before using a tent, no mater how short your beard is ;) )

If your pigs are caught during a full-moon outside their houses, they will turn and hunt you down (but normally they run at home at sunset and full moon will not affect them)

Every full moon I usually find a half-dozen or so werepigs at "Wendy Acres", my homes for homeless pig men. Of course I keep several spider nests nearby so the werepigs have something to do... namely get killed.