Many map suggestions

Hi Community, here are some suggestions for the map:

Create a map:

You don't have a map at the beginning of the game, because you are abandones somewhere in the wildness without any stuff. You have to collect and craft everything, so you have to choose if you spend your research points for crafting a map or "put any itemname here".

To build a map you need some paper (yeah finally a use for paper :p ). After you crafted a map, it's empty regardless of what you explored before. You have to explore the area again so that it's going to display on the map.

Minimap:

How about a minimap (which can be enabled or disabled) so you don't have to open the map all the time. It could be placed on the right lower corner or lucent in the middle of the screen (like in Diablo2).

Adjustments:

Maps should have adjustments like display or don't display an object (grass, spidernests, beehive and so on...) for easier navigation. Also it would be nice if the different terrains (like swamp, grassland, stone, forest...) look different on the map

Edit: Can't wait for next update :D

I like the idea of having to create a map. It would be a use for paper and make it all the more challenging to start in a new world, since you dont start with a map to rely on. Once you have a map you can really start exploring and be less afraid of getting lost and not knowing the way back to camp.

I am a bit mixed about the minimap. I like having to switch back to the map to find my way in the world, it feels like part of the survival.

I also think the map could use some improvements. Some different colours for the different kinds of terrain would make it a lot easier to read and a bit more attractive too. An option to enable or disable the objects on the map would be a fun option for those wanting some extreme exploration.

Create a map:

You don't have a map at the beginning of the game, because you are abandones somewhere in the wildness without any stuff. You have to collect and craft everything, so you have to choose if you spend your research points for crafting a map or "put any itemname here".

To build a map you need some paper (yeah finally a use for paper :p ). After you crafted a map, it's empty regardless of what you explored before. You have to explore the area again so that it's going to display on the map.

Yes, as with 501105, I think this would be interesting. Right now the map is very helpful, but not essential (i.e. die without it). Obviously without the map you would need to plan more carefully, placing your base camp near a bridge or shoreline so you would have a general idea where it's located. Then, once you are able to craft paper, and a map, it should restore the in-game map function and show everywhere you've been (the assumption being that you have an excellent memory). ;)

Research points will eventually be removed sometime in January, but the only difference would be that we would need more reeds to craft paper the first time.

Minimap:

How about a minimap (which can be enabled or disabled) so you don't have to open the map all the time. It could be placed on the right lower corner or lucent in the middle of the screen (like in Diablo2).

Nah, the map really does the trick for me (I pop it open whenever I'm lost, which isn't that often) and not having a mini-map would reduce screen clutter.

Adjustments:

Maps should have adjustments like display or don't display an object (grass, spidernests, beehive and so on...) for easier navigation. Also it would be nice if the different terrains (like swamp, grassland, stone, forest...) look different on the map

I don't really have any issue with the icons (i.e. spider nest) so I don't really need a feature that hides any of them. However I agree that the different biomes need to appear more clearly on the maps because swamps are especially hard to spot on it.

I think i stole your idea without knowing :eek: I also created a thread about the map.

I like the suggestion about being able to show spiders or whatever. I thought that different layers (requiring papyrus like you said) could do the same thing. Also we should need some ink to write what we in the world on the map. I'd also like to have a layer where i could write some notes that we could reduce on will.