stranded in a strange dimension Roleplay thread

Rabbitfist

all the beefalos are burned and everywhere was ash and cooked meat.''should we collect the m...'' there was in the middle of the burned beefalo a small and cute calf, looking very sad lying on the ground.''poor thing, i will take you to our base, im your replacement father for now.''

Kate catches up to them. "Hey guys!" Looks at Strom. "Hi! I'm Katherine Latiny Grace, the shy, harpist!" Looks at John and DS. "I still haven't learned your names! What are they? Also, anyone need some soothing music?" Starts playing Nayrus Song.

Jack emerges from the ground. It stops her from playing the harp and makes a silencing gesture. "Quiet. You're being hunted." The undergrowth nearby rustles. "Move slowly. If you move too fast, he'll know he's been spotted."

"I had my suspicions when you had those darts on you. Only one hunter still uses blow darts today and he always vanishes for some "hunting expedition" for 16 days." Jack leaned close. "MacTusk. I recall him mentioning finding a land filled with new creatures to hunt. But I never believed it. Til now." Jack wraps a vine around her waist. "On three, we run." Jack gets ready.

Starts to walk in place. "THREE!" Starts running as fast as a cheetah. She sprints every which way. After a few minutes, every part of her body is burning. She wants to stop, but she needs to live. She just lets the insides burn as she runs. Jack can tell she's in pain, because tears start to trickle down her cheek, and she has a hard time breathing. "*gasp, wheeze*"

A warhorn sounds and hounds come charging out of the undergrowth. Jack takes off, practically dragging her along with it. She's exhausted but they can't stop. Not til they reached their camp. He wouldn't dare assault a fortified position like that. Jack pulls her along. "Come on, we're almost to safety."

"Don't shoot, you fool. You'll make him-" A dart strikes a nearby tree, setting it alight. "Angry." They made it back to camp. A second blow of the warhorn summoned the hounds back. "We made it. Barely. No more going outside this camp. Too risky for you."

"Ugh, I don't know why! Seriously, why would anyone want a 13 year old girl who's good at playing the harp, medical aid, and shooting the bow? Surely there is something about me that I don't know of, but other creatures do. I'm... I'm scared now." Hugs Jack as best as she can. "Your like my oldest brother, he was always watching out for me. You are an amazing bush guy, I hope you know that!" Starts to tear up. "Come on, we should build a fire, just incase the camp doesn't protect us all the way. Il take first watch. It's the least I could do, you have saved my ass so many times."

"You've managed to evade him twice now. That definitely peeked his interest." Jack returns the hug as best it can. It starts the fire and roasts a few bits of meat. Jack hands some to her, keeping the bones and placing them in his bulb. "Sleep, little one. You've had enough for today." Jack wraps a blanket it recovered from the wreck around her. "I don't need sleep anyways. I just do it cause it puts you humans at ease.z"