Don't Starve Coming to PlayStation 4!

Ps4 is a must buy now

EDITED BY Corey:

Don't Starve Coming to PlayStation 4!

I'm semi hijacking this thread since it seemed silly to start a new one, but it's true. We are indeed confirmed for PS4 and you can read all about it in this post we made on the official PlayStation Blog. We'll post more details as we get them!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...starve-on-ps4/

- Corey

• Like 3

The new version of Abe's Oddysee is coming out... too... anyone care about Oddworld... anyone.. hello?

Hells yeah! Was so surprised to see Lorne Lanning there!Also very happy to see Don't Starve is going to reach a larger audience. More fun for everyone!

The new version of Abe's Oddysee is coming out... too... anyone care about Oddworld... anyone.. hello?

You and me, the two suckers for psx games.

I'm more of a Spyro fan, though. My eyes bleed when I see Skylander...

Err, on topic: yeah, the PS4 seems like the only console capable of running DS. Also the game was totally made to be played on a pad. nosarcasmhere

I must admit, I am slightly disappointed. Now this game might end up being considered main-stream. People will keep talking about it and being completely stupid. Also people are now definitely going to call it a Minecraft clone due to it appearing on a console. Oh well, I'll just try to ignore it. Somehow.

• Like 3

If they get it on the Vita or 3DS, Don't Starve will be my LIFE.

This, however, is good idea. Making it a handheld will give it the perfect amount of attention. Not main-stream, but not overseen. Plus, you can take a DS with you. You can't take a desktop or console.
  • Like 1

I must admit, I am slightly disappointed. Now this game might end up being considered main-stream. People will keep talking about it and being completely stupid. Also people are now definitely going to call it a Minecraft clone due to it appearing on a console. Oh well, I'll just try to ignore it. Somehow.

Just because a game becomes Mainstream doesn't make it automatically bad. Yes, some people will bash it, but to hell with them, some people will now be able to play the game and the fanbase will grow.

Just because a game becomes Mainstream doesn't make it automatically bad. Yes, some people will bash it, but to hell with them, some people will now be able to play the game and the fanbase will grow.

it's not all about fan base you know... it's just the fact, even though I have xbox... etc etc, I would never play DS on any other platforms other than PC, even if it came out on others, even if it was free, I'd always play on PC, in my opinion, think it should remain a PC game, it just won't feel the same otherwise, of course we all have different opinions.

it's not all about fan base you know... it's just the fact, even though I have xbox... etc etc, I would never play DS on any other platforms other than PC, even if it came out on others, even if it was free, I'd always play on PC, in my opinion, think it should remain a PC game, it just won't feel the same otherwise, of course we all have different opinions.

I dunno, some people just can't get a good computer. You may say that Don't Starve isn't that powerful, but some people can still have trouble with it. Also, I SHOULD mention, the PS4 DOES have keyboard and mouse controls as well.

I also hope it doesn't become the console versions of TF2, where it never updates.

completely different scenarios. I'm sure you know by now the reason games like that aren't updated. (hint: It's all microsoft's fault)

completely different scenarios. I'm sure you know by now the reason games like that aren't updated. (hint: It's all microsoft's fault)

That and the porters.

- - - Updated - - -

On second thought, I hope they have a seperate team for the PS4 for porting it, that way both things can come out on there own time.

Or, maybe they can find a way they can code for PS4 AND PC, without needing to like, convert code and all. Like, at the worst, they'll make it work for the PS4 controller. Though, that WOULD be cool to see on the PC version...