[WiP] Don't Starve parody of Dumb Ways to Die

[MENTION=5693]w00tyd00d[/MENTION] I guess that could work, but we were actually trying to avoid the word "Don't", so... Yeah... I'm not completely sure. If Rachel is okay with it, I guess I'm too.

Ok, in the end it's up you guys, I was just trying to make it a little easier for [MENTION=42963]diekunstler[/MENTION] and myself to sing (the male vocalist harmonizes with the lead during the bridge). Also I've come to the conclusion that we're probably going to end up using the karaoke version of the song for the instruments, only because my recording software stinks...(I can get my guitar to sound OK, but it wasn't pretty when I tried recording the piano...)

Ok even better revision to that line:Stand still when a forest fire grows.Is that a little better [MENTION=13073]~Matt[/MENTION]?EDIT: Disregard this message, I'm an idiot xD "stand still" was already used for another line prior

Edited by w00tyd00d

I actually took a look through the lyrics this morning and I sort of agree, there are a couple places that seem to be a little jumbled in the timing. So I hope [MENTION=43632]ral365[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13073]~Matt[/MENTION] don't mind me putting in my two cents, but here's my little revised version that I think rolls off the tongue just a little more. Each line I changed I marked with "~~~~~" and I made sure that whatever I changed, it didn't change the message of whatever that line was saying. All I did was switch up the wording a bit.

I don't mind making changes if it'll help the singers vocalize the syllables. :)I'm not sure about the first 2 lines though, especially the monster meat line. The point of it is that it's never good to eat monster meat at all, not just before it gets old. And, to avoid cramming too many syllables in one line, get rid of the "dark" in "getting mauled by some hallucination." The original line has 10 syllables, and the line you put in had 11.

I'm not sure about the first 2 lines though, especially the monster meat line. The point of it is that it's never good to eat monster meat at all, not just before it gets old.

Ok that's fine, I just didn't really think that ending the lines with "winter" and "dinner" sounded too appealing to the ears (felt rushed to sing, too) I'll leave you to ponder it and see what you think.

And, to avoid cramming too many syllables in one line, get rid of the "dark" in "getting mauled by some hallucination." The original line has 10 syllables, and the line you put in had 11.

Actually I went back and listened to Die's recording and I like how she worded with with the original lyric. So that one we can omit :)

Fine- here's the wav file of it. Though I don't have the individual chorus unfortunately, apologies.

BTW, to answer your question of where you go off-key, it's mainly in the chorus, even toward the end. If you listen closely, you can hear the mic getting a bit louder than it should. But I know you said your mic's not good with high notes.

Ok that's fine, I just didn't really think that ending the lines with "winter" and "dinner" sounded too appealing to the ears (felt rushed to sing, too) I'll leave you to ponder it and see what you think.

Actually I went back and listened to Die's recording and I like how she worded with with the original lyrics. So that one we can omit :)

*Claps loudly*

BTW, to answer your question of where you go off-key, it's mainly in the chorus, even toward the end. If you listen closely, you can hear the mic getting a bit louder than it should. But I know you said your mic's not good with high notes.

Yea since in the chorus there is the highest notes and gaming mics are not meant for singing- only speaking. They used speaking mics for my high school play last year- killed our ears when the lead did super high notes hahah. Edited by diekunstler

Animation - Check this page for constant updates on the anim.Sorry it's been a while since I posted anything; been busy outside the forums. Lovin' the Wilson vectors you've got going so far! :D

But there's one that looks like he's about to barf, and I'm not talking about the one with purple slime all over his mouth. Which line is that from? :wilson_confused:

Sorry it's been a while since I posted anything; been busy outside the forums. Lovin' the Wilson vectors you've got going so far! :DBut there's one that looks like he's about to barf, and I'm not talking about the one with purple slime all over his mouth. Which line is that from? :wilson_confused:

It's the "Eat rots" one.

@%1; AlbinoWyvern, I can't see your video footage. It's posted as a rar file, and it'd take 2 hours just to download it on my Macbook. Can you post it as a mov file or something? Maybe make it a private YouTube video so that only people with the link can see it?

Remember, you can always check up on the animation progress with the link on the OP!

I really like how the animation's coming so far! :D Each dumb way to die is very convincing, especially parts like the pig guard beating up poor Wilson. XPI do suggest a couple of changes though. Hungry Wilson looks like he has to go to the bathroom, and, maybe it's because the model is so small, but I can't tell what's piercing through Wilson's chest on the bottom left. Is that a Beefalo horn? And why's the "licked" Wilson standing on a rock?

I really like how the animation's coming so far! :D Each dumb way to die is very convincing, especially parts like the pig guard beating up poor Wilson. XPI do suggest a couple of changes though. Hungry Wilson looks like he has to go to the bathroom, and, maybe it's because the model is so small, but I can't tell what's piercing through Wilson's chest on the bottom left. Is that a Beefalo horn? And why's the "licked" Wilson standing on a rock?

SO MANY QUESTIONS.Hungry Wilson is ~Matt's idea, so talk to him about it. Instead of telling me what you didn't like, tell me how to change it!Yes, it's a beefalo horn! The image is small at the moment, but in the video, he should be larger so you can see it more clearly."Licked" Wilson is standing on a rock because the frog goes below his knees... why has nobody figured that out, yet?---Thanks for the feedback, and remember, everyone is open to give me suggestions!

SO MANY QUESTIONS.Hungry Wilson is ~Matt's idea, so talk to him about it. Instead of telling me what you didn't like, tell me how to change it!Yes, it's a beefalo horn! The image is small at the moment, but in the video, he should be larger so you can see it more clearly."Licked" Wilson is standing on a rock because the frog goes below his knees... why has nobody figured that out, yet?

I already did talk to Matt; he's the one who suggested I give feedback to you in the first place. I say, for the hungry Wilson, keep the "hourglass figure," but maybe, instead of waving his arms with his legs crossed, like he really has to pee, maybe just have him stand there with a drooling tongue, as if he could go for ANYthing to eat right about now, and add some touches like baggy eyes or something. And the Wilson-standing-rock thing threw me off just 'cause Wilson can't climb on rocks in the game, or on anything for that matter. ^^; But why you did it makes sensePlease don't take ANY of this personally! This is all meant to be constructive feedback

I already did talk to Matt; he's the one who suggested I give feedback to you in the first place. I say, for the hungry Wilson, keep the "hourglass figure," but maybe, instead of waving his arms with his legs crossed, like he really has to pee, maybe just have him stand there with a drooling tongue, as if he could go for ANYthing to eat right about now, and add some touches like baggy eyes or something. And the Wilson-standing-rock thing threw me off just 'cause Wilson can't climb on rocks in the game, or on anything for that matter. ^^; But why you did it makes sensePlease don't take ANY of this personally! This is all meant to be constructive feedback

I'm not taking any of this personally, it's okay! Sorry for sounding like a jerk towards your comments!

Here's a version of the recording I made that doesn't take 2 hours to download. ^^ The quality is a bit low, though. I can't strike a balance between quality and file size (being a noob at making vids sucks).http://www.sendspace.com/file/95g7wuEDIT: Re-uploaded to another site, because the previous one sucked.

Edited by AlbinoWyvern

Has anyone made any progress since the last time we posted? I don't want our hard work to be forgotten. :(

I'll talk to w00t next time he's in Steam about the recording. Vincent is going through some school things, last I checked.