[WiP] Don't Starve parody of Dumb Ways to Die

[MENTION=13073]~Matt[/MENTION] Did you still need a male vocalist/guitarrist? I can do the back up during the chorus and I learned to play the riff on guitarShort blip of singing the chrousOr am I too late? D:

Not late at all. I've been talking to the peeps and I think you could do the instrumental part of the song as well as saying the "Be safe, while you can" part in the end. The last one definitively is happening but about the instrumental thing, it will only be possible if mentlegen has enough to put two different sound tracks going off at the same time.Also, great singing! Never thought a dapper dog could have such a good voice o-O (even tho I heard you singing in the dapper den.)

Not late at all. I've been talking to the peeps and I think you could do the instrumental part of the song as well as saying the "Be safe, while you can" part in the end. The last one definitively is happening but about the instrumental thing, it will only be possible if mentlegen has enough to put two different sound tracks going off at the same time.Also, great singing! Never thought a dapper dog could have such a good voice o-O (even tho I heard you singing in the dapper den.)

Haha cheers man. And yeah I'd be honored to do the PSA message at the end :) let me know what you want me to do/record bud. You should hop in the Dapper Den later and we'll talk more about it.

[MENTION=13073]~Matt[/MENTION] Did you still need a male vocalist/guitarrist? I can do the back up during the chorus and I learned to play the riff on guitarShort blip of singing the chrousOr am I too late? D:

I feel so honored to have such a talent sing the lyrics I wrote ^^ Though we may change the chorus to Dumb Ways to Starve, I can't wait to hear you sing the rest!!! 8D

Would you mind posting it as a wav file instead please? I can't view a wma file on an iPad ^^;

Well, this was the link die sent me. I didn't upload it, and I have no idea how to make the conversion.

Alright Matt I recorded the lyrics. Some are a bit iffy but I hope you got the file of the song.

Hey, would you mind posting a copy of the wma file of your recording as a wav file instead? I can't work that tile on my iPad ^^;

Hey, would you mind posting a copy of the wma file of your recording as a wav file instead? I can't work that tile on my iPad ^^;

Actually I use this website to convert it to wav- do it for every things when I want to put it into my audio editing program. It's much easier. Just poppin it in and getting it after its spit out. Keeps it the same quality as well.

Actually I use this website to convert it to wav- do it for every things when I want to put it into my audio editing program. It's much easier. Just poppin it in and getting it after its spit out. Keeps it the same quality as well.

Maybe it's just my Mac technology, but that site didn't work for me. It just recited the characters of the link in a computerish voice. :( Would you mind converting it into a wav file for me, and posting the link for that, like for the recording for the chorus?

Maybe it's just my Mac technology, but that site didn't work for me. It just recited the characters of the link in a computerish voice. :( Would you mind converting it into a wav file for me, and posting the link for that, like for the recording for the chorus?

Fine- here's the wav file of it. Though I don't have the individual chorus unfortunately, apologies.

Guys I wanted to take part of this but only by a smige, so for the frog death... how bout abunch of frogs holding on to wilson by their tongs? I didn't have time to draw so I made a horrible image of what it would look like [ATTACH=CONFIG]7771[/ATTACH] I know it's bad...

Uhm, we actually ALREADY came up with that exact same idea...

Fine- here's the wav file of it. Though I don't have the individual chorus unfortunately, apologies.

Thanks! This is a good start :) With a little more practice, we can make a more definitive recording. Your voice tends to go a little off-key at times (this is all constructive criticism! Not at all meant to be hurtful!)

Guys I wanted to take part of this but only by a smige, so for the frog death... how bout abunch of frogs holding on to wilson by their tongs? I didn't have time to draw so I made a horrible image of what it would look like [ATTACH=CONFIG]7771[/ATTACH] I know it's bad...

Sorry, but we have all the animators we need ^^; Thanks for your offer, though

Thanks! This is a good start :) With a little more practice, we can make a more definitive recording. Your voice tends to go a little off-key at times (this is all constructive criticism! Not at all meant to be hurtful!)

That was maybe my twentieth recording. Possibly it is due to some parts of the lyrics being rather odd with the song so I tried to keep is matching despite some the syllables being wonky. Also this mic does suck for singing as well- it isn't kind to high notes hehe, If you told me at what parts of the song you heard me go off key do tell- if it is the parts were there's really high notes then yea that would be my mic- unfixable.

Possibly it is due to some parts of the lyrics being rather odd with the song so I tried to keep is matching despite some the syllables being wonky.

I actually took a look through the lyrics this morning and I sort of agree, there are a couple places that seem to be a little jumbled in the timing. So I hope [MENTION=43632]ral365[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13073]~Matt[/MENTION] don't mind me putting in my two cents, but here's my little revised version that I think rolls off the tongue just a little more. Each line I changed I marked with "~~~~~" and I made sure that whatever I changed, it didn't change the message of whatever that line was saying. All I did was switch up the wording a bit.

Freeze to death out in the cold ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eat some monster meat before it gets old ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Go hungry after sleeping all night

Strike a herd of Beefalo in broad daylight

Chorus:

Dumb ways to die!

So many dumb ways to die!

Dumb ways to die!

So many dumb ways to die!

Take a tentacle to the face

Stand still in an Underground quake

Getting licked by a horde of toads

Don't run when a forest fire grows ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chorus

Make small talk with a Pig Guard

Plant spider eggs on your front yard

Go hunting with no armor on

Find a Tallbird and steal its son

Chorus

Visit the Merms for vacation

Getting mauled by some dark hallucinations ~~~~~~~~~~~~

(in the original song the vocalist does a little flourish on the line shown above, so I wanted to do the same by extending it a little)

Eating mushrooms red, green, or blue

You seriously think you can take on Grue?

Chorus

Facing Beefalo during mating season

Attack a hornet hive for no good reason ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Get hit in the face with your own boomerang, and ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eat a dozen pieces of food that's rotting ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Build a scary door and get trapped by Maxwell ~~~~~~~~~~~~

They may not rhyme, but they’re quite possibly

The dumbest ways to die

The dumbest ways to die

The dumbest ways to die

So many dumb

So many dumb ways to die.

[MENTION=5693]w00tyd00d[/MENTION] I guess that could work, but we were actually trying to avoid the word "Don't", so... Yeah... I'm not completely sure. If Rachel is okay with it, I guess I'm too.