[WiP] Don't Starve parody of Dumb Ways to Die

So, for me to animate a chorus, I need to know:- What characters die and how- When each set of characters die. Although... there are 21 deaths... huh. Let me just count the playable characters [minus Waxwell, he's the one broadcasting this message] ... ooh... 7 characters...

The WIP lyrics I put up could be a good start :)

I like the idea of having the forum members be the ones dying but that would make the editing much harder.I actually thought of going down the million dead Wilsons route, because, well, we all played Wilson first, so he's the one who suffers the most with death.Lyrics almost done.

[MENTION=1]JoeW[/MENTION] [MENTION=8]Kevin[/MENTION] I wanted to ask you guys for permission to use a little bit of footage from the Forbidden Knowledge video (we're talking about something 3 or 4 seconds max) and the Steam Profile Background Titlecard for an art that might be present in the video. [MENTION=42963]diekunstler[/MENTION] I'd like to invite you to the team of singers if you're interested. I was thinking about a female voice just like yours to sing the song.Thanks for the attention to all three.Added Lyrics Progress to the main post.

Hmn, possibly. I think I will have the time since school is coming to an end. So-yea. I'd love to!Oh and uh- this- I guess I'll fill it out anyways (on skype more often then steam btw.)Steam: OktuberfestSector: SingerDid you work in something like this before?: Nope, though I have sung in shows before. Does that count? Though I have 2 mics- an open one with my webcam and one on my headset. Idk which is better quality.

Edited by diekunstler

Hmn, possibly. I think I will have the time since school is coming to an end. So-yea. I'd love to!Oh and uh- this- I guess I'll fill it out anyways (on skype more often then steam btw.)

Thank you. I'll tell you when the lyrics are definitive. Give me a heads up when you've got free time to start.

I'd like to help with animation or capturing footage! I've never done something like this before, but I do have lots of experience with art. My Steam is: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198053349278

Maybe you can give vingw some help with the animation. I'll put you in the animators team but you'll be called if AlbinoWyvern needs help with the recording. Edited by ~Matt

Thank you. I'll tell you when the lyrics are definitive. Give me a heads up when you've got free time to start.

Ah actually I'm available for 4 days this weekend so if you want me to do it then I totally can. As for after I'll let you know.

@JoeW @Kevin I wanted to ask you guys for permission to use a little bit of footage from the Forbidden Knowledge video (we're talking about something 3 or 4 seconds max) and the Steam Profile Background Titlecard for an art that might be present in the video.

@diekunstler I'd like to invite you to the team of singers if you're interested. I was thinking about a female voice just like yours to sing the song.

Thanks for the attention to all three.

Added Lyrics Progress to the main post.

You're good as long as you don't present it as official.

You can find our rules for stuff like this here: http://www.dontstarvegame.com/player-creation-guidelines

Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

Okay, so I want to know a couple of things before I start recording: 1. how long should the clips be?2. should I start a new world for every death or do them all in one world, ressurecting myself with meat effigies? (this would only matter if the hp/day counter was visible, I suppose?)

You're good as long as you don't present it as official. You can find our rules for stuff like this here: http://www.dontstarvegame.com/player-creation-guidelinesLooking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

Big thanks!

Okay, so I want to know a couple of things before I start recording: 1. how long should the clips be?2. should I start a new world for every death or do them all in one world, ressurecting myself with meat effigies? (this would only matter if the hp/day counter was visible, I suppose?)

2 or 3 seconds max. Long enough for people to see how you died. And for a clean video, you can use CTRL+H to hide the HUD

2 or 3 seconds max. Long enough for people to see how you died. And for a clean video, you can use CTRL+H to hide the HUD

Can do. Oh dear, I already feel sorry for all the creatures I'll have to kill to make those meat effigies...EDIT: One more thing - do I need to record sound, too? Edited by AlbinoWyvern

Can do. Oh dear, I already feel sorry for all the creatures I'll have to kill to make those meat effigies...EDIT: One more thing - do I need to record sound, too?

I'd prefer not, because that would pretty much get in the way of the songEDIT: Added definitive lyrics to the Progress page

Okay then. I'll do some recordings and perhaps send them to you to check if everything is A-OK.

Alright then! And, by any chance, do you consider yourself experienced enough to do the whole editing in the video? If you can't, I still have a few ideas for who can do that job on the side.

Alright then! And, by any chance, do you consider yourself experienced enough to do the whole editing in the video? If you can't, I still have a few ideas for who can do that job on the side.

I'm not very experienced when it comes to video editing, to be honest. I probably could do it, but I'd prefer to just provide raw footage :p

I'm not very experienced when it comes to video editing, to be honest. I probably could do it, but I'd prefer to just provide raw footage :p

K, thanks for the heads up.What about ya [MENTION=3998]sirmentlegen[/MENTION]? You look like you know your way around editing.

[MENTION=40746]101Leafy[/MENTION] Moved to Recording team. Have a talk with [MENTION=32329]AlbinoWyvern[/MENTION] and you guys can start the recording together.More animation progress is happening right now. Will update the thread with the definitive progress for today later.

[MENTION=40746]101Leafy[/MENTION] Moved to Recording team. Have a talk with [MENTION=32329]AlbinoWyvern[/MENTION] and you guys can start the recording together.More animation progress is happening right now. Will update the thread with the definitive progress for today later.

Can I also help animate? Or can I only choose one?

Can I also help animate? Or can I only choose one?

Well, I think you can give us some help. Log in Steam and accept my friend request if you haven't already, then I'll get you into the conference.