[Suggestion] Higher Quality Food

Hey there sirs and madams,

I've been playing on my first playthrough for 45 days now (Thanks to a few streamers like Frag who have given me Ideas and hints for survival.) And I have had so much fun so far! So first off, I'd like to extend my thanks for giving us such a great game to play with and I really can't wait for more content as it goes.

There's something, however, that would be lovely to see in my opinion:

So far, if you put food into the crock pot, you usually go for 1 piece of food + 3 grass/twigs and you get the same quality of food no matter how many pieces of food you put into there. You always get the same item.

Wouldn't it be great that if you put less of those "fillers" into the crock pot, the better quality your food gets, and the more HP/Stomach it will recover?

Let's say for example the Meaty Stew (Which you would normally make using 1 generic meat + 3 grass):

1 Meat + 3 Grass = Meaty Stew

2 Meat + 2 Grass = Tasty Meaty Stew

3 Meat + 1 Grass = Delicious Meaty Stew

4 Meat + 0 Grass = Exquisite Meaty Stew

This would encourage people to walk around with those high-quality foods in their inventory

instead of using the usual 1+3 reciepe, since it takes less time to recover X stomach/health

due to the need to only cook once instead of 4 times to manufacture something out of 4 meat.

Really hope this is taken into concern, I'd love to save up some inventory/storage space during

my journeys.

That is as far as our research goes exactly how it works. The more proper ingredients you put in the more hunger it satisfies.

For example a sandwich done with 1 frog leg + 3 grass fills 51 Hunger , and 3 frog legs + 1 grass fills 59 Hunger. And there are other foods to cook that have even more differences depending on what you put in them. A meaty stew with 4 meat gives you 80 hunger, whereas a stew with only 1 meat gives you 31 hunger.

Have a look here. his is where we try to find all te recipes and figure out what you get from eating them.

Also feel free to contribute with your own findings. (there are still two recipes that are not found yet)

Oh, and welcome :)

Oh well, I didn't even notice.. Like at all. If that's the case, I feel like it still should change the name/prefix of that meal, just so you can differentiate between 1-3 receipes and 4-0 receipes for instance, once they're in your inventory.. It feels like that would make sense after all.

That would make for a lot of inventory clutter.

How so? We still can't stack elaborate meals (right? haven't cooked in a couple of hotfixes) so the only thing that would change is the floaty text that appears when hovering the meals. I'd like a way too to differentiate the good meals from the "snacks".

This could be it. I find it very unobtrusive.

But there are like hundreds of combos you can make of one meal. Then you would really need to make up some more rules as to how many hunger and health points different things gets from what. And set it so one meal can only come out in four or so different sizes regardless of whats in them.

ooor assign prefixes based on hunger points. 1-20 points has prefix one. 21-40 has prefix two. and so on. and the prefixes could go on any meal.

I like your idea, could be a great improvement to make diferences between the different food qualities, i mean if i made the same food 3 times but with different proportion of fillers/meat, how i can make differences between them actually???

+1 to add this to the game ^^