Hunting Bows and some raiding bunnys?

I would like to see some more weapons in the game, for example a bow, made of wood and spiderwebs, arrows made of sticks and feathers. So with this you could implent deer like animals to hunt for food, all this fast animals you just can't get with an slow spear.

And how about some fences we can build to protect our campside from raiding bunnys that want to eat all our crops and berrys ?Of course, for the fences we need raiding animals first, but i hope you get my idea.

My english just isn't good enough to explain it any better :rolleyes:

I would like to see some more weapons in the game

We all would. :)

for example a bow, made of wood and spiderwebs, arrows made of sticks and feathers. So with this you could implent deer like animals to hunt for food, all this fast animals you just can't get with an slow spear.

Yup. The bow and arrow are classic. For arrows the general suggestion is to use the formula: flint + stick + feather. I would agree to bow should use sticks and silk (i.e. spider webs). As with all tools it should have a durability rating that degrades over time.

Anotehr thought, just clicking on a target with the bow shouldn't let you shoot it, instead maybe the player needs to click and hold to draw back the bowstring and fire. The longer they hold it, the farther the arrow travels. In this way you couldn't spam arrows at a target. And yes, I do play Minecraft. ;)

And how about some fences we can build to protect our campside from raiding bunnys that want to eat all our crops and berrys ?Of course, for the fences we need raiding animals first, but i hope you get my idea.

Agreed. Fences and wooden walls have been suggested before, in fact, I'm among those who suggested and wants them. We need to protect our gardens from vicious rabbits! That, and we need scarecrows.

Ranch/farm... This sounds a bit like Harvest Moon tho :)

What's wrong with Harvest Moon... it's a good game. Or should I say "games", as I've played several different ones.

Both suggestion that have been made before, but yes a ranged weapon would be handy and some fences could make our camp a securer place.

Yes. And I expect these suggestions to keep on appearing until the DEVs deliver. So say the masses! ;)

Given the fact that we have loads of useless "bee stings" and useless reeds, add them a little feather and you have yourself an awesome blowdart.

I also thought they would make great darts, but adding the feather is a nice touch. A shame we don't have access to bamboo reeds, but the normal reeds should do the trick. Now if you their made spider poisonous... and then let us harvest spider venom for said darts. Otherwise using darts is just mean-spirited fun. ;)

Scarecrows would be a great thing to add to the game! Could be made from pumpkin + sticks + wood + ropes.. :)

Yup. Although I didn't think to use rope... I did at one point think it should also include the grass hat, you know, for "extra appeal". But maybe that's too much...?

Maybe, it has to be a very creepy scarecrow though, the kind you fear of coming alive.

I always assumed when people talk about scarecrows that we would simply use a meat Effigy with a straw hat.

Or placing a pumpkin in the head.

But that would be unfair to the other characters I guess.

I like the bow and fences idea, i would put to the bow a really low damage, to use it only to hunt, because i think that if you can use it to fight with monsters, the game will be in some way easier. Anyway, i really like your ideas.

Well if arrows required feathers, that could be one limitation (especially if the arrow disappears after being used). The other would be to require the player to click and hold the LMB on a target in order to draw back the bowstring and fire, otherwise the bow wouldn't fire arrows all that far, and to prevent spamming of arrows (i.e. same solution used in Minecraft).

Personally the game needs more uses for the rocks, so i'd go slingshot.

Or a sling. :)

Both a sling and bow, bow have more range and damage but costlier matierals, sling easier but not a slingshot, an ancient sling, the kind you whirl around your head. Both types of shot would be recoverable just like the real world, though they should have a % of breaking with each use. I could even see a one shot musket that requires alot of high end matierals to make initially and to make shot. Would take time to reload (beefalo and spider attack time) so wouldnt be OP for mobs, but great for massive damage on a single enemy.

Both a sling and bow, bow have more range and damage but costlier matierals, sling easier but not a slingshot, an ancient sling, the kind you whirl around your head. Both types of shot would be recoverable just like the real world, though they should have a % of breaking with each use. I could even see a one shot musket that requires alot of high end matierals to make initially and to make shot. Would take time to reload (beefalo and spider attack time) so wouldnt be OP for mobs, but great for massive damage on a single enemy.

The way I saw it is that there would be bows/arrows and slingshots. The bow could be a simple matter to construct, using sticks and silk, but would require arrows which need flint, sticks, and feathers.

The slingshot would use rubber, as was suggested by another player, so we would need to harvest sap from the rubber tree, which would probably require an invention (research), not to mention the trees themselves could be hard to locate. However once you create a slingshot with sticks and rubber then you would have an easier time with ammunition as I propose that stones could serve as ammunition. It was also suggested that stones could be refined further into "stone bullets" for use exclusively by the slingshot, but granting even more ammunition through the refinement process (i.e. 1 stone = multiple stone bullets).

So in comparison the slingshot would have a more easily available ammunition supply than the bow. On the flip side the slingshot would probably do less damage than a bow/arrow. Another balance point might be range, perhaps the bow has a longer range, but requires you to spend longer readying an arrow to fire (i.e. pulling back the bowstring), while the slingshot could be fired faster but has a shorter range.

Something to think about.

Further refinement of the idea, have both a sling and slingshot. The sling just takes rope as stated earlier, but requires time to get to speed and uses an entire stone, possibly a little less range than a slingshot. Slingshot uses less mats for ammo, fires faster, though hard to get mats for as Mobius stated.