A list of random Wishlist things that i would like added or changed

Refillable salt licks

Stingers on the ground stacking like hounds teeth do.

Triple mactusk biome being the default for world gen

Killing enrage Klaus increase Krampus sack chance

Killing Misery toadstool drops all available blueprints from both of his versions

Celestial crown taking a % of sanity instead of a flat number to summon gestalts 
so that low sanity characters can get as much use of the crown's combat effect as other characters with high sanity

A toggle option for PC players to have the same equipping behavior that was recently introduced to console players
 `version 599666 -Equipping items (using DPAD) will swap your currently equipped item back into the same slot as the new item being equipped.`

A cast skill key for characters that can use them, like Willow, Maxwell, etc.

Calming Bernie requiring a mouse click or a forced pickup (ctrl+pickup key) to calm him instead of just the pickup key alone

Multicasting willow alignment skill like all the others 
(If the reason for not having multicasting is that it has a cooldown, maybe add a cooldown indicator on the ember for that skill as well)

A dock kit variant that allows plantables like grass,twigs,fam plots,etc

A dock kit variant with coblestone speed

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vahnheim said:

A toggle option for PC players to have the same equipping behavior that was recently introduced to console players
 `version 599666 -Equipping items (using DPAD) will swap your currently equipped item back into the same slot as the new item being equipped.`

This would be great!

Triple mactusk biome being the default for world gen

I would like if they got reworked to make their camps based around on how many players are in the server, because four camps is "too much" for solo players but not enough for three or more.

Celestial crown taking a % of sanity instead of a flat number to summon gestalts 
so that low sanity characters can get as much use of the crown's combat effect as other characters with high sanity

please don't, even though they have a higher sanity threshold, they still require the same amount of sanity food to upkeep it, so by making it a %, you would just make that higher sanity characters would need stronger sanity food to have this buff, as well as not being encouraged to fight with it, as it would cost way too much sanity.

Killing enrage Klaus increase Krampus sack chance

The forums just had this discussion, please don't bring it back.

Refillable salt licks

This isn't directly related but i'd also appreciate it if the hitbox for them could be removed so we can remove the dumb placement restrictions on them. Or just lower their placement requirements in general. It's so frustrating trying to fit salt licks inside Beefalo pens.

Also it'd be good if they could last way longer for non-beefalo + pacify them. Right now Koalas, Goats and Deer will also lick them, but at a faster rate. It'd be nice if they could make Goats not aggro onto things while charged, make in-heat beefalo not aggro onto things, and make Deer not attack fences/walls when hit. Maybe they could also make goat herd locations update if the goat is next to the lick to make moving goat herds easier.

Stingers on the ground stacking like hounds teeth do.

This is probably a bit of a hot take but I would prefer it if autostack were implemented ala minecraft or terraria. I know DST has some attempt at item pickup speed being a QOL thing (i.e lazy forager, shadow puppets) but it's so dumb to me that some strategies like using gekkos is bottlenecked specifically by the lag it causes rather than any mechanical reason. I use autostack when I play and the difference to gameplay is minimal. I feel like doing it for specific items is inevitably going to lead to yet another item being added to the ever-expanding list of "items that end up as annoying clutter and should honestly just autostack".

Celestial crown taking a % of sanity instead of a flat number to summon gestalts so that low sanity characters can get as much use of the crown's combat effect as other characters with high sanity

Hard disagree. High sanity is already a questionable upside in terms of benefit, and I think it makes sense to leave any advantages such characters have intact. WX springs to mind given they specifically have upgrades to raise their maximum sanity, but Wickerbottom is also a notable example. I get that it may feel a little unfortunate for characters like Webber or Wes, but their lower sanity is meant to be a downside.

A dock kit variant that allows plantables like grass,twigs,fam plots,etc

I think it would be better for Klei to add a non-festive planter box that can contain plants, trees, flowers, etc. Makes more sense and means we don't need to add a special type of dock for it.

A dock kit variant with coblestone speed

I'd DEFINITELY appreciate something like this, although I also feel like it could perhaps be an opportunity to add some sort of "path" object. I.e something with the size and the placement rules of walls. It'd expand the possibilities of decoration by allowing players to make custom-sized paths without having to worry about turf priority.

I am of the opinion that Klei should probably avoid adding new types of dock kit because replacing existing docks is kind of a hassle, and adding different ways to do stuff like have roads or plant plants means we get more decoration options on land as well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vahnheim said:

Bad suggestion. This was the only reason to want to have a high sainity meter.

Characters with high sainity should be better with it, not the other way round.

Rest of the suggestions are good.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Vahnheim said:

I would moreso just make it so the crown being “active” occurs if you are within 30 points of a character’s max sanity or are above 85% for a character, whichever is higher.

I do agree with having other character’s get as much use out of it. I am personally really not a fan of how bad the crown is on low sanity characters. The 30 sanity buffer on 200 sanity characters makes a massive difference in case to case combat then a character like Webber with only 100. Considering the crown is already a very hard to obtain boss drop, I don’t think it would be super game-changing if a character with low sanity could get more effective use out of it.

Asap. 

On 4/20/2024 at 2:05 AM, Vahnheim said:

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 1:10 PM, Maxil20 said:

I would moreso just make it so the crown being “active” occurs if you are within 30 points of a character’s max sanity or are above 85% for a character, whichever is higher.

I do agree with having other character’s get as much use out of it. I am personally really not a fan of how bad the crown is on low sanity characters. The 30 sanity buffer on 200 sanity characters makes a massive difference in case to case combat then a character like Webber with only 100. Considering the crown is already a very hard to obtain boss drop, I don’t think it would be super game-changing if a character with low sanity could get more effective use out of it.

I would make everyone with high sanity basically be unable to use it and would kill the Wigfrid song combo.

I want an item to close sinkholes. Bats are obnoxious and poop everywhere. I have to be careful not to open more than 1 to avoid bats as much as possible.

Rework or changes on console to:

- Lazy Explorer.

- Wortox.

- Weather Pains.

And pretty much anything on console with a set distance, but these three primarily. Wortox feels like half a character on console with how inflexible his dodge is, and the other two are the reason the Ancient Fuelweaver fight feels borderline impossible on console. I had 2-3 rock lobsters, a mighty wolfgang, thulecite gear, bee queen crown, and everything else you'd need for this fight and it still took multiple days for me to beat the guy(irl in 1-2 hour intervals when I nailed the fight it was like half a day or a full one). Console dst's controls and mechanics are a boss in it of itself alongside the fuelweaver, and he's the only boss who I'll say has such a massive disparity between platforms. 

Crockpot dishes rebalancing. A lot of items are vastly overshadowed by others and I wish I had more of a reason to engage with a lot of the foods, considering how pretty and delicious they look. I think slightly nerfing the most used foods like meatballs, etc and buffing the more obscure ones could add some variety.