Thulecite club is still extremely mid weapon for a stat stick than anything, here's my suggestion.

Give it a Wigfrid equivalent of a block ability. You've done it for her, give other characters now a more intuitive magic weapon.

It's still extremely costly, it's just below darksword damage, the speed is slightly weak to consider it good besides to supplement the lack of cane.

It's a very boring weapon with a neat concept of tenticle spawning. For something that costs living logs, fuel and thulecite it could get a brief block ability and next attack would bring out a guardian tenticle instead of a small one to slap at the enemy.

It could pair with the thulecite crown at granting you shield with that block as a synergy to which item would take the damage.

You made it THREE skins: forge, nouveau and whispering. They're cool, but the item is still uncool.

I think darksword should be the boring option with that high damage while thule club could be the cooler darksword for the extra effort of crafting and making it. Utility and damage in one. Right now it's still mid in my eyes to need to result to darkswords or rather now the new rift sword/scythe.

Let's not leave old items boring and useless, as you mentioned before you don't want old items to feel not useful anymore so this is my idea for one of them.

My point is made, hate this or love this suggestion down below.

|
 |
 |
V

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think the ruins stuff is meant to get replaced by the Brightshade/Ink equipment/whatever on the horizon things at this point. Mid-game instead of late-game.

It's nice if you don't like constantly switching to your walking cane during every fight. Like if i have it as my weapon it's convinient speed during fights. For bosses tho i don't really use it cause it feels expensive compared to dark swords or ham bat.

I like in its current state as it used to be so much worse back then, it’s definitely a bit of a niche for a very select handful of bosses to use it against. However I don't think the blocking idea is incompatible but I'd say it should cost a considerable chunk of durability using it. It would fit as another niche application, but whenever you need it that will be nice and no near broken.

Shadow tentacles from the club could work similar as the shadow tentacles from Ancient Guardian fight- swing indefinitely if the target doesn't leave the area; not just swing twice.

Edited by HeatAndRun
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, grm9 said:

just make it so it spawns a tentacle with a guarantee after not spawning a tentacle after hitting using it 3 or 4 times

Guaranteed tenticles could work to get some extra damage, tho kinda wanna see it as a sort of a tank-weapon of sorts personally with reward to blocking damage well giving some damage boost via tenticle spawns.

34 minutes ago, Dingle said:

I think the ruins stuff is meant to get replaced by the Brightshade/Ink equipment/whatever on the horizon things at this point. Mid-game instead of late-game.

They aren't, that's why the new items are not as too powerful with let's say night armor or thulecite against regular foes. Thulecite gear and many others exist to mix and match what Klei devs on a stream spoke about for strategy variations without making anything too overpowered or making it more interesting to fights.

26 minutes ago, ADM said:

I like in its current state as it used to be so much worse back then, it’s definitely a bit of a niche for a very select handful of bosses to use it against. However I don't think the blocking idea is incompatible but I'd say it should cost a considerable chunk of durability using it. It would fit as another niche application, but whenever you need it that will be nice and no near broken.

It's much worse back then. No. It was just terrible back then. Right now it's still kinda mid even with durability buff which I think is justified to have that much durability, but it could have more properties than just occasional tenticle that drains our sanities when fighting shadows for no reason and draining more sanity against boss fights while doing only a little bit of damage to subsidize for lacking as much as darksword without guarantee to feel like a darksword. Thulecite gear feels not that endgame unless it's the crown. While having high damage absorption is great from the armor is really great, out of the three pieces of gear thule club still underperforms as a weapon.

Even with 200 durability it just feels like a glorified tenticle spike imo.

1 hour ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

They aren't, that's why the new items are not as too powerful with let's say night armor or thulecite against regular foes. Thulecite gear and many others exist to mix and match what Klei devs on a stream spoke about for strategy variations without making anything too overpowered or making it more interesting to fights.

Sounds weird to me given that the Thule Club is a sidegrade to the dark sword, but the Void Scythe and Bright Sword are already stronger than a dark sword.

Also the Brightshade Smasher seems a lot better than the Pick/Axe.

Sounds about right for the armor, though.

A simple solution would be to ajust the cost of living logs to be more impar of the ratio durability/cost of dark swords. 2 living logs would be a huge improvement. Not being a learned recipe is already a huge downside

Also they should remove the rng from the tentacles (and improving their chances of hit...). Maybe making them spawn every 3 atacks like brumble armor from ww's since it will still be a 33% ratio but consistent 

These are simple changes that don't change the nature and function of the weapon and make it way better

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, arubaro said:

A simple solution would be to ajust the cost of living logs to be more impar of the ratio durability/cost of dark swords. 2 living logs would be a huge improvement. Not being a learned recipe is already a huge downside

Also they should remove the rng from the tentacles (and improving their chances of hit...). Maybe making them spawn every 3 atacks like brumble armor from ww's since it will still be a 33% ratio but consistent 

These are simple changes that don't change the nature and function of the weapon and make it way better

I feel like putting simple development solutions would end up boring if it were to be repeatedly done so. While yes, I guess if consistency was a thing for a weapon as such maybe it would be decent, but tenticles in general are quite slow to act, they got quite a small range too which is a pain.

What if, maybe the tenticles don't actually despawn after their first attacks and keep attacking overtime till the target moves out of the range, resulting in a cascade of growing damage and sanity loss and only way to mitigate it would be to use a bee queen crown or wear bone helm to deal with insanity from tenticles? It could become like ramping damage with scythe but normal damage that just grows, meaning if you tank your target you could do higher consistent damage overtime till they're dead?

Tenticles only appear once which also kinda sucks, keeping their duration on while you're around to do that damage will benefit from actually using that weapon to perhaps even outdamaging a darksword.

What if you could right click on the Thulecite Club to eat it?

Could give 10 hunger per durability %, but also give you the diarrhea effect like the Wormwood diarrhea thing does (due to the shadow magics).

• Shopcat 4