Make the npc dialoge less spammy and repetitve.

image.png.b9973de5caa6a4b8808d7a82757ed336.png.68707488324d1e5124c4c750e8e62f35.png

(Stole image from another post)

My proposed solution: Make them unable to post the same message twice in a row in chat. Also add more variations to the messages.

For example:

"I need my calibrated Perciever! Find it!"

"I seem to have misplaced my Calibrated Perciever again..." (Can not appear on the first time he asks for it)

"Hurry up! We have barely any time to find my Calibrated Perciever!"

I don't think my quotes are good, but i think you might get the idea.

The ones for finding the energy could have mire variation too.

• Like 12

I have noticed that atleast wagstaff posts messages even when the npc doesn't display text above them so it could also be made so chat messages are only produced once an npc speaks and not outside of that

• Like 1

I have'nt tried in multiplayer server (so maybe its already the case) but ,unless it affect the whole server (like when CC or FW is being defeated), I think it should be on whisper mode so it wont bother everyone.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 6:02 AM, Jakepeng99 said:

My proposed solution: Make them unable to post the same message twice in a row in chat.

A bit more specifically: make them unable to post more than once about a single task. If after using a tool it asks for the same one, I think the log should reflect that.

Also, are these messages visible to everyone on the server at the time, or just in the area? If the latter, you'll want to make sure players who enter the area after the search has started will still get a message in their log about what's being searched for.