We need more lunar aligned pre-rift challenges.

Currently selecting shadow affinity doesn't worth it. Usually people prefer 10% more dmg against shadow creatures rather than against lunar ones. Besides the fact that shadow aligned bosses are more accesible than lunar aligned bosses, The main reason here is the existence of ruins and shadow creatures. Rushing ruins is one of the most challenging yet rewarding contents of DST, and the shadow creatures can be spawned almost everywhere, drop the nightmare fuel that can be used for valueable craftings. Note that broken clockworks are also shadow-aligned.

In contrast, the interaction of player between non-boss lunar aligned mobs are just... underwhelming. The fights against them are annoying rather than challenging, because they give you nothing valueable or exclusive. The mutated creatures drop some common loots, and the gestalts are literally unkillable. The only worthy non-boss lunar mob is Brightshade, but you still cannot actively accelerate their spawn rate. And it's even the post-rift mob. The 10% damage bonus is not that important to change the result of boss fight. However, it can makes difference in non-boss fights. You can kill some creatures with 1 less attack or damage in specific situations such as ruins rushing.

So what about introducing the pre-rift lunar aligned dungeon? It's like the ruins, but filled with lunar-aligned non-boss mobs and enlightening hazards. It could be in the archive, lunar island, or totally new ocean biome. New pre-rift challenges with lunar mobs will refresh the pre-rift surface experience much more, rather than rushing celestial champion just to unlock new contents. I really like the concept of the new scrap werepig, mainly because it's pre-rift boss related to the new arc. For a long time now we only had the glass axe and cutter on the store. I'm looking forward to see more pre-rift lunar challenges in the future updates.

Edited by HeatAndRun
  • Like 15

Here’s an idea, how about instead of “Bosses” we focus on making general biome exploration more fun & exciting? And we can do that by actually making a characters chosen Affinity skills matter, by adding new common Shadow Aligned, & new common Lunar Aligned mobs.

Klei said they wanted to force players into making a choice as to which side they wanted to be on. And so far it hasn’t been as impactful to gameplay as I had hoped that it would be.

If I sided with Charlie and the shadows, then maybe cooler crap can happen such as Shadow mobs spawning to fight lunar mobs FOR Me, as like assisting in my war against the opposing side, & they’d be less inclined to attack me themselves, and Vice Versa if I choose Lunar side.

Maybe I can gain resistance to whatever worldly effects are going on by siding with a each side..

For example- it seems stupid that if the player has choosen to be Lunar Aligned, that the Moon God they’ve sworn alliance towards, still tries to kill them dead with Lunar Hail.

Surely it can’t be too hard for Klei to code it so that Lunar Aligned characters are less likely to be targeted by his hail storm wraith while shadow aligned would be more often targeted? Etc..

Lets make these choices matter & a handful of bosses aren’t going to ever be that impactful.

Make choosing a side Matter.

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

Are people really picking those traits for the minor damage increase against a handful of enemies instead of the actual perks themselves like gaining entirely new unique spells or becoming immune to certain types of hazards?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Are people really picking those traits for the minor damage increase against a handful of enemies instead of the actual perks themselves like gaining entirely new unique spells or becoming immune to certain types of hazards?

believe it or not, yes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Big Ups 1

2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Only Woodie worth it. 

For most of characters, the difference between the two "actual perks" they have is really not matter than damage.

Edited by Cassielu
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

it seems stupid that if the player has choosen to be Lunar Aligned, that the Moon God they’ve sworn alliance towards, still tries to kill them dead with Lunar Hail

wagstaff probably doesn't control that and it'd probably be too good to make everything with the same alignment not aggro onto the player and not damage them

3 hours ago, Cheggf said:

wolfgang's alignment perks are just damage, wormwood has no choice, wigfrid's songs suck, willow's better spell is lunar anyway, wilson's alignment perks are irrelevant except damage before rifts and aren't that good after rifts so only 1 out of 6 chars get to choose depending on perk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

If I sided with Charlie and the shadows, then maybe cooler crap can happen such as Shadow mobs spawning to fight lunar mobs FOR Me, as like assisting in my war against the opposing side, & they’d be less inclined to attack me themselves, and Vice Versa if I choose Lunar side.

It wont make much sense to have ally shadows.  I get your point but gameplay wise...

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

For example- it seems stupid that if the player has choosen to be Lunar Aligned, that the Moon God they’ve sworn alliance towards, still tries to kill them dead with Lunar Hail.

You side with wagstaff, they guy you helped to defead the champion from that moon god. Moon god probably would hate you even more

• Like 1

8 hours ago, grm9 said:

wagstaff probably doesn't control that and it'd probably be too good to make everything with the same alignment not aggro onto the player and not damage them

wolfgang's alignment perks are just damage, wormwood has no choice, wigfrid's songs suck, willow's better spell is lunar anyway, wilson's alignment perks are irrelevant except damage before rifts and aren't that good after rifts so only 1 out of 6 chars get to choose depending on perk

I didn’t say they would ALWAYS ignore attacking you, although Woodie does have mastery skills for that exact thing lol..

what I meant is that if your fighting the “opposing” side, then your side would spawn in to help you.

Otherwise- What’s the point in picking a side in the first place?

i just feel that maybe Klei hasn’t put 100% thought into how impactful choosing a side is, I also feel like they design content updates too heavily based off what people on these forums want-

After Wilson got a skill tree players wanted ALL characters to get a skill tree, Players wanted a shard to go to the moon, and to choose a side between shadow & lunar- Klei is now doing skill trees, brought the moon to us, and added alignment skills.

But I can’t shake the feeling that 100% brain power isn’t being put into it you know? Like for example- if I side with Charlie, why would she still be spawning Wavey Jones to screw with my boat?

I for one would like some really cool stuff to be done with choosing your side, just to make the choice actually feel like it matters and heavily effects how you play the rest of the game a bit.

And right now I just don’t get enough of that feeling from it regardless of which side you choose.

To me it just feels like something Klei added to the game cause enough Forum members had asked for it? Idk it’s hard to explain..

41 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

After Wilson got a skill tree players wanted ALL characters to get a skill tree

We need to go back in time and stop this from happening

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

I've been saying this. The lunar side is really weird on early and mid game. Yeah, I certaintly enjoy doing 10% more damage to a carrat than a nightmare creature, clockwork, shadow monkey and AG in the ruins. Ha. Ha. Ha.

• Haha 1