What Do You Think the Next Skill Tree Will Be?

Characters Who Don't Have Skills  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which character(s) would you like to see skills for first?

The devs did not reveal who was getting a skill tree next, stating something like plans change so they don't want people to get excited for something that might not happen at the time.

• Like 1

Regardless of who the next skill tree is going to be, the thought of it being 6 months between the addition of skilltrees is incredibly disappointing

Especially if only 1-2 characters are getting skill trees in a patch.  It will literally take years 

Edited by Kwaik
  • Like 10

I'm voting for Maxwell and Wanda, for the same reason.  They both have a pretty complete kit as is, and I don't want to see them getting their skill trees last and being left crazy OP from it.

I'd like Winona to get her tree fairly late so that she has the best chance of getting a very impactful kit taking advantage of any advancements Klei makes between here and there.

However my prediction is we will get Winona next b/c they are introducing scrap and why not...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kwaik said:

Regardless of who the next skill tree is going to be, the thought of it being 6 months between the addition of skilltrees is incredibly disappointing

Especially if only 1-2 characters are getting skill trees in a patch.  It will literally take years 

They said that while they are only doing a few updates this year, the total development plan remains the same.

I take this to mean the next update will probably have 4-6 new skill trees.

When there were reworks, the best work went to the last characters.

Wilson didn't have a rework so he doesn't count. It only served to open a new cycle called the skill tree.

Following this logic, I want my favorite characters to be at the end of the skill tree queue. :lol:

Edited by Cruvimaster
  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

25 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

They said that while they are only doing a few updates this year, the total development plan remains the same.

I take this to mean the next update will probably have 4-6 new skill trees.

There's no way. That seems like it would hijack the developmental cycle and split resources way too much in beta development etc etc 

Heck even as a player I'm not sure I'd want 4-6 all in one update. 

If they manage to roll out 2,2, and 3 over the next 3 updates I'd be impressed. And based on what they have shown us I think that's quite unlikely 

Winona and WX. We have been seeing lately the updates have been showing more Wagstaff shenanigans, he's leaving all this junk in the world, and I think part of it is to set things up for these two skill trees. Also because Klei has prioritized giving skill trees to "weak" characters, and people have been vocal about Winona for a long time. And if she's getting her skill tree, it just makes sense to pair her with WX as they are somewhat related and because when saw some Wagstaff WX blueprints in a recent short (I don't remember which).

I voted Wanda too because if they decide to do three characters, Wanda is perfect for it. She's the character that suffers the most from activating the rifts at the moment. Also she never appears in animations so the short can be about Winona and WX alone.

Edited by SapoLover
  • Like 4

I would hope for walter, he’ s got a lot going on i just feel like he needs a boost

i also want it for webber and wendy, webber is my childish hearts favorite and wendy is my wife’s main. 

• Like 3

I'm voting for hating skill trees, but also Wickerbottom and Warly. They're clearly not going to back down with the skill tree thing, and they're clearly not going to give characters base kit adjustments any more, so I hope that those characters can get the base kit adjustments I want for them in skill trees instead.

Hoping that Warly gets a skill to double the duration of food effects on himself (e.g. glow berry mousse lasts 4 days, temp foods last 10 minutes, spices last 8 minutes, mushy cake lasts 2 days), a skill to let him combine garlic & pepper spices together for a chef's specialty spice that has both effects, and maybe some skills to give him new spices or recipes. Wickerbottom could get a skill to let her slowly repair books in her inventory, and maybe some skills to add more books, or a book container like Wigfrid's song container. 

• Like 2

I think the next Skill Trees will be either Winona and Wickerbottom or WX-78 and Maxwell. Winona and WX-78 because it would kinda fit with the new scrap objects, the others, because I think there is a pattern with the names:

Wo: Wolfgang - Woodie - Wormwood ✔️

Wi: Willow - Wigfrid ✔️

Wi: Wickerbottom - Winona

We: Wendy - Wes - Webber

Wa: Warly - Walter - Wanda

W(u/o)rt: Wurt - Wortox

x: WX-78 - Maxwell

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1

I think it would be quite fitting for WX and Winona to get their skill trees together. They have lots of possibilities with the introduction of Wagstaff scrap.

Edited by -Nick-
  • Like 2
  • Shopcat 1

I’m not a fan of skill trees, and in fact when all the character reworks were fully completed I let out a loud rejoice because finally Klei could focus on something other than character exclusive content- and the development time that was being spent on reworks, refreshes, re-reworks could’ve went to bigger more meaty content updates.

Unfortunately that turned out to not be the case, and instead we got character skill trees- which is just reworks all over again.

I’m starting to hate character reworks & refreshes and skill trees about as much (but not quite there yet..) as I did the Batmobile segments that were shoehorned into Arkham Knight in areas it had no business being in.

And I would be fine with reworks/skill trees if the rest of the game was equally leveling up with these characters, but that’s clearly not the case here..

For example Willow has full fire immunity and a skill to combust things in an AoE radius around her now, that’s cool i uhh I guess, but Fire Hounds should definitely be immune to that to balance it out a bit.

Theres a FIREBREATHING undead Varg, it should totally be immune to lunar flames..

My point is that the four updates we are getting this year (3 if that pour excuse of a Year of update counts as one of those 4..) promises each one will have QoL changes, a rework/skill tree or two, and small bits of new content.

So I’m really hoping Klei takes the time to polish things up with those promised QoL changes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

For example Willow has full fire immunity and a skill to combust things in an AoE radius around her now, that’s cool i uhh I guess, but Fire Hounds should definitely be immune to that to balance it out a bit.

Fire hounds are immune to fire, although they will still panic around fire the way almost all mobs do.  They still got a hound brain afterall.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Theres a FIREBREATHING undead Varg, it should totally be immune to lunar flames..

Willow isn't immune to lunar flames, so this is consistent at least.  Would be funny if both were immune to lunar flames lol

• Haha 1
  • GL Happy 1

wurt wurt wurt wurt wurt wurt wurt wurt wurt she is literally outmatched by everyone earlygame

even if she's meant to be good lategame it's kinda underwhelming

mermlet mermlet the MERM HAMLET mermlet mermlet

• Like 3
  • Spooky 1