In the preview we saw the lil robot fella, that collects items off the ground and stores them in chests with such items present. It sounds like it would be really useful, both for keeping your base nice and clean, and for certain things like wood gathering(Woodie and Wurt will benefit greatly). 

However, did I get it right that it's a one per world thing? If so, it would be a bit hard to utilize it in bigger servers, since it could only be in one place at once. 

• Like 2

̶F̶i̶n̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶b̶r̶i̶b̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶l̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶

Sorry, I meant: I didn’t hear them mention what it can be refueled/repaired with, my guess is flammable objects just like how you would refuel an ice flingomatic since scrap would be kinda expensive (I would have to resort to unpaid manual labor that way)

Gears is an option too, though it’s more likely that it’s refuelable rather then repairable 

1 hour ago, skile said:

In the preview we saw the lil robot fella, that collects items off the ground and stores them in chests with such items present. It sounds like it would be really useful, both for keeping your base nice and clean, and for certain things like wood gathering(Woodie and Wurt will benefit greatly). 

However, did I get it right that it's a one per world thing? If so, it would be a bit hard to utilize it in bigger servers, since it could only be in one place at once. 

I bet we could craft other ones. They wobot from the stream shown durability so, unless it can be refueled, we will need to craft new ones

I need one permanently in my gekko pen :O

• Like 1

Just now, arubaro said:

I didn't even think about that it allows a sort of automation with resources that drop and don't need to be picked

Just now, gamehun20 said:

I didn't even think about that it allows a sort of automation with resources that drop and don't need to be picked

Twiggy trees meta in coming

• Like 5
  • Big Ups 1

Just now, gamehun20 said:

all 5 twiggy tree fans must be beaming rn

4 minutes ago, arubaro said:

I bet we could craft other ones. They wobot from the stream shown durability so, unless it can be refueled, we will need to craft new ones

Hm, perhaps the blueprint to craft it could drop from ScrapPig? And it'd be one of those pre rift uses for scrap.

• Like 2
  • Happy Hazard 1

5 minutes ago, skile said:

Hm, perhaps the blueprint to craft it could drop from ScrapPig? And it'd be one of those pre rift uses for scrap.

I hope the idea of scrap stuff is cool

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, skile said:

Or maybe it drops from the scrap itself. In the stream a recipe dropped from one junkpile

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, skile said:

Nah, just checked. They said is unique so no W.O.B.O.T army :_

• Sad Dupe 2

The robot seems like it is rather slow at collecting items so I don't see myself using it to pick up wood or other high item density situations, looks like it would be really good to act as an auto sorter for a chest area. I like the idea of dropping a bunch of items off and having it handle depositing all of it for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arubaro said:

Nah, just checked. They said is unique so no W.O.B.O.T army :_

Sad, would prefer having several of them, but I guess it's fine. 

i have not watched it but it kind of sounds like the idea i had for wx rework update i once had...here is what i even made for it

i have no idea how he looks since i dit not watched the stream but you know i was thinkin i may aswell share it aswell given it sounds so fammiliar

2021_04_19_01f_Kleki.png.10c473216ef8ba2ae60c99534ea79a97.png

10 minutes ago, Echsrick said:

i have not watched it but it kind of sounds like the idea i had for wx rework update i once had...here is what i even made for it

i have no idea how he looks since i dit not watched the stream but you know i was thinkin i may aswell share it aswell given it sounds so fammiliar

2021_04_19_01f_Kleki.png.10c473216ef8ba2ae60c99534ea79a97.png

image0.png.29ce75e7fecf2f51c6d032f7f3710ee7.png 

• Like 3

Yeah as someone who played a lot of Winona, this just feels like one of the wacky “Wagstaff” gadgets she should be able to craft.

Which would give Winona more usage, by allowing her faster character specific access to the new Roomba bots.

Worker Gal, Worker Bot- Tell me it don’t make sense..

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yeah as someone who played a lot of Winona, this just feels like one of the wacky “Wagstaff” gadgets she should be able to craft.

Which would give Winona more usage, by allowing her faster character specific access to the new Roomba bots.

I've actually wanted Winona to get something like that for a while now, but tbh I'm actually kinda glad it's not specific to any character at the moment. Not opposed to the idea though.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, skile said:

I've actually wanted Winona to get something like that for a while now, but tbh I'm actually kinda glad it's not specific to any character at the moment. Not opposed to the idea though.

No not a Winona exclusive feature, it’s something only Winona will have “faster access” to obtaining, but anyone can obtain their own over-time.

kinda like how Willow has easy access to Drawf Stars with her fire mage skills.. but anyone can get a dwarf star.

Or how Wortox has faster access to teleportation, but anyone can craft a harder to obtain version of teleportation.

Or how Walter gets his own personal Chester/Beefalo but anyone can find chester in the world or tame their own Beefalo.

Or how Wilson can combine gems to easily get otherwise harder to obtain variants. (The dude can literally skip the entire Moon Staff raid mini game and craft his own multicolored Easter egg without needing to deconstruct a moon staff)

Thats what I meant- Nona gets funny little Roomba that only works if your playing as Winona (so no you can’t craft it and switch to someone else)

But anyone can obtain the Roomba later.

Edited by Mike23Ua

15 minutes ago, skile said:

I bet all these wagstaff toys laying arround updates is to add a new material that can also be used in the wx and winona's skill tree. Might not be a wobot clone but for sure she will get new toys

• Like 7

20 hours ago, skile said:

If it is only one pear world it will be so limited that could end up useless. 

16 hours ago, splorange said:

The robot seems like it is rather slow at collecting items so I don't see myself using it to pick up wood or other high item density situations, looks like it would be really good to act as an auto sorter for a chest area. I like the idea of dropping a bunch of items off and having it handle depositing all of it for me.

It look like it is the goal.

15 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I dream with Winona creating automation to farms and bases everyday. 

15 hours ago, arubaro said:

I bet all these wagstaff toys laying arround updates is to add a new material that can also be used in the wx and winona's skill tree. Might not be a wobot clone but for sure she will get new toys

Winona and WX could have a good synergy. 

I think it's a little lame to only have one per world. I would prefer it being a craftable creature I could set up in places like ruins when there's tons of materials just laying around. Or acquire dustmoths to do the cleaning duties as the way we could feed them for thulecite and to work for us more.

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1