The man created the fog from Shipwrecked for dst and it really Wonderful

(1).jpeg.85a7ccd2e5eabdc0cb2b8324c3c0a23d.jpeg

I came across this mod by accident, and after trying it, I realized that the teleporting fog from Shipwrecked is really needed in dst, it solves problems. 1 problem with moving to the other side of the map. You will not have to swim around the whole continent if you have settled in the opposite part of the world from the moon island, just swim into the fog. 2 the problem with the atmosphere, I don't know for whom how, but this invisible wall presses on me that my boat just crashes into it. It is much more pleasant to see the fog, you feel that the ocean is huge and full of secrets, not that it is an ocean above the ocean. I would really like to see the fog from Shipwrecked in DST as part of the game.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3148928598&searchtext=

• Like 23
  • Big Ups 1

I don't want the fog back, personally I'd rather a Worldgen update alongside the addition to tiles that are both walkable and sailable on that separate biomes from eachother.

Especially now with Bootleg Getaways, I think that using the fog would be a very... Uninteresting solution, alongside the fact that returning players don't see any real difference with the game except for the ocean being a thing and a few set pieces upon creating a new world, I think these tiles could... Very slightly help with that.

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, Antynomity said:

I don't want the fog back, personally I'd rather a Worldgen update alongside the addition to tiles that are both walkable and sailable on that separate biomes from eachother.

Especially now with Bootleg Getaways, I think that using the fog would be a very... Uninteresting solution, alongside the fact that returning players don't see any real difference with the game except for the ocean being a thing and a few set pieces upon creating a new world, I think these tiles could... Very slightly help with that.

What do you mean by tiles? Completely change the world and make islands instead of the mainland? If so, Shipwrecked does not suffer from this.(I will only be glad to see the islands) I also wouldn't mind if the giant shadow arms that keep the ship from falling into the abyss were brought back, because it's better than just crashing into the void:D

I think it'd be interesting if you had some sort of giant edge hand that drags your boat under water and throws you out the other side if you sail off the edge of the map. Mechanically  think fog would be good, but visually I reckon Klei can do better.

• Like 2

Here’s an idea: let players drive their boats right off the edge of the map down into that sea below, add a cute animation of the players looking startled and confused (like Wendy when she rides a wild Beefalo for example)

Add a funny animation of the boat beneath their feet falling first and the character cartoonishly reacting to suddenly being in mid air without a boat under them.

Then boat & player crash (and sink) under the water to be spit back out from a whirlpool on the otherside of the map.

Shipwrecked had fog… fog was okay… I guess, but DST has these hilarious edge of the world waterfalls that- it would be a shame if Klei never done something creative with and instead replaced with the fog again.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 2

On 2/21/2024 at 3:19 PM, Creatorofswamps said:

What do you mean by tiles? Completely change the world and make islands instead of the mainland? If so, Shipwrecked does not suffer from this.(I will only be glad to see the islands) I also wouldn't mind if the giant shadow arms that keep the ship from falling into the abyss were brought back, because it's better than just crashing into the void:D

I meant adding tiles that would both count as land and ocean so you could both walk and sail on them, this is a way to implement separation between biomes that allow more QoL in sailing and also fits the good ol' status quo of Klei that no update can change anything about the game too too much.

• Like 2