Your minor annoyances?

This is the message I sent Klei addressing the inconsistencies in between lore and game pertaining to Webber that still hasn’t been taken in to account:

C8CD3865-42D4-47BF-B7BD-18FF287D719A.thumb.webp.cdc1e77eb11e8b43cc4bb44683a566ac.webpBuilt in (very important it help bridge the gap between lore(an example of this is shown in the indigestible section of the description depicted in the picture above) and game) :

Dear Klei entertainment ever sense the webber rework came out I’ve noticed that one thing is missing and that thing is a small but noticeable sanity  drain when befriended spiders die it doesn’t even need to increase by the spider like being in range of befriended spiders dying drains not spider by spider and if that’s to much sanity loss then preferred he can gain sanity around decorated dens like how regular characters lose sanity around normal dens , grain sanity around alive befriended spiders like how regular characters lose around normal spiders, or both and you said yourself that the point of the reworks are to make the characters more like themselves so please make this change it would make a world of difference I love your game and this community and thank you(depending on whether or not there just considered recruits/expendable pack cows(in the case of beefalo) or friends this could also extend to all befriended mobs)

• Like 1
  • Health 1

moles that permanently path into my walls/fences.

caged birds starving to death.

caged birds sleeping at night.

plant regrowth behavior (swapping turf should block regrowth imo)

salt licks, which degrade and cant be repaired, so you're stuck looking at them becoming an eyesore before you have to hammer and replace each time.

• Like 3

On 2/9/2024 at 9:58 PM, Swiyss said:

I'm sorry but these random autumn rains are awesome. It gives a more realistic tone to the game. Like anything could happen at any time. Everything being predictable is boring.

I play as wx, try do ruins, and suddenly there is rain and i die

14 hours ago, Dr.Webber said:

This is the message I sent Klei addressing the inconsistencies in between lore and game pertaining to Webber that still hasn’t been taken in to account:

C8CD3865-42D4-47BF-B7BD-18FF287D719A.thumb.webp.cdc1e77eb11e8b43cc4bb44683a566ac.webpBuilt in (very important it help bridge the gap between lore(an example of this is shown in the indigestible section of the description depicted in the picture above) and game) :

Dear Klei entertainment ever sense the webber rework came out I’ve noticed that one thing is missing and that thing is a small but noticeable sanity  drain when befriended spiders die it doesn’t even need to increase by the spider like being in range of befriended spiders dying drains not spider by spider and if that’s to much sanity loss then preferred he can gain sanity around decorated dens like how regular characters lose sanity around normal dens , grain sanity around alive befriended spiders like how regular characters lose around normal spiders, or both and you said yourself that the point of the reworks are to make the characters more like themselves so please make this change it would make a world of difference I love your game and this community and thank you(depending on whether or not there just considered recruits/expendable pack cows(in the case of beefalo) or friends this could also extend to all befriended mobs)

If he lost sainity when spiders died, it would be an interesting dynamic.

15 hours ago, EATZYOWAFFLEZ said:

Oh yeah, I forgot the most annoying thing. Grass geckos randomly glitch out of fenced enclosures. Even with only 8 geckos I've had it happen.

How big is your grass gecko pen and how many do you have inside? I've never had a single one glitch out in any of my worlds. The smallest enclosure I had was 2x2 pitchfork tiles with about 20 geckos inside. 

Edited by Lovens

When tools break if you have another of the same kind it auto equips the next one. When armor breaks if you have another of the same kind it auto equips.

When weapons break, even if you have another, it doesn’t auto equip. Why?

If you use a tool as a weapon (such as gold axe) and it breaks, it also auto equips. 

• Like 8
  • Big Ups 1

Durians for Wurt are beaten out by pumpkins in every respect despite being her favorite food. I wish that they'd go up to 37.5 hunger to be equal (and then better for hunger restoration due to the favorite food buff).

I can't think of much reason to grow durians aside from as a partner crop for a 1:1:1 dragonfruit setup, but garlic does the job better since it's in-season every season and you can make potato puree with it which is at least a decent sanity restoration food.

• Like 4
  • Spooky 1

Something I find slightly annoying with DST is that certain types of content only start appearing in the game world once you discover a certain area or do a certain thing.

for example: X Marks the Spot buried treasure maps, these don’t start spawning until you are near Moon Quay.

You don’t even have to be robbed by the pirates, you just need to be near them while they steal stuff that’s spewing out the portal on their own island.. 

After that- the X marks the spot treasures can start being found to locate whatever they’ve stashed away.

But this content only starts happening, once you’ve done a specific thing.

DST has a tendency to be boring without new content to keep the player engaged (literally why season changes change content by the way…)

So I’m really confused why pirate stashes are locked behind finding the needle in a haystack that is Moon Quay.

16 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Something I find slightly annoying with DST is that certain types of content only start appearing in the game world once you discover a certain area or do a certain thing.

for example: X Marks the Spot buried treasure maps, these don’t start spawning until you are near Moon Quay.

You don’t even have to be robbed by the pirates, you just need to be near them while they steal stuff that’s spewing out the portal on their own island.. 

After that- the X marks the spot treasures can start being found to locate whatever they’ve stashed away.

But this content only starts happening, once you’ve done a specific thing.

DST has a tendency to be boring without new content to keep the player engaged (literally why season changes change content by the way…)

So I’m really confused why pirate stashes are locked behind finding the needle in a haystack that is Moon Quay.

I'm more annoyed by the fun stuff locked behind far endgame.

Like the lunar affinity locked skills for example.

I don't think i ever beaten Celestial legit way (like doing full progression towards it) far too damn lazy to do all the steps necessary to even start the fight. And I'm not that good or fond of raid boss fights in this game either. Especially bosses like Crab King which are just pure undiluted tedium.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, oog said:

Durians for Wurt are beaten out by pumpkins in every respect despite being her favorite food. I wish that they'd go up to 37.5 hunger to be equal (and then better for hunger restoration due to the favorite food buff).

I can't think of much reason to grow durians aside from as a partner crop for a 1:1:1 dragonfruit setup, but garlic does the job better since it's in-season every season and you can make potato puree with it which is at least a decent sanity restoration food.

Durians can be actually pretty goddamn good for Wurt, if you combine it with pumpkins and dragonfruit... but not in a way you think. 

Grow 6 pumpkins in a tile in winter or autumn, then change over to 3 durians and 3 dragonfruit during spring. With a 2x2 farm plot and giant plants, that'll get you ~8200 hunger altogether, or 109 days worth of food, not counting the seeds. It's also completely nutrient neutral besides the initial fertilization.

...now if we could only get an easy way to get the bloody seeds. Pumpkin are common and dragonfruit can be gained by ripening saladmanders, but durian seeds? Rare from random seeds, even rarer from merm king.

Right clicking the clean sweeper in your inventory to unequip it will instead change your beard skin as wilson. Really annoying especially if you don't have a wardrobe to instantly change it back to the beard that matches your skin

Also, you can't set your beard skin when joining a world unlike how most characters that start with an item that can be skinned have the option to do so before spawning

6 hours ago, oog said:

They could make it so when you eat a durian nearby mobs start to panic or get repelled for some time cause stinky stinky fruit. I don't think this is useful but it's atleast something : p

i'm thinking of different uses but can't think if a good synergy for Wurt exceot buffing durian in general.

Durian armor? repels mobs when you get hit and mediocre to bad protection like 70-75% protection plus big sanity drain to all players except Wurt.

Edited by BalkanCockroach
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, cybers2001 said:

What is the most painful requirement to have for a ruins rush, Alex?

The answer is a light source. Good thing Wx has free cheap unlimited moggles that doesn't occupy any body or hand slots :] you still have 2 more circuit slots for speed too!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BalkanCockroach said:

The answer is a light source. Good thing Wx has free cheap unlimited moggles that doesn't occupy any body or hand slots :] you still have 2 more circuit slots for speed too!

Not if you're wet, though!

One of my more recent annoyances as Wormwood became the fact that EVERYTHING is trying to kill my summoned Bulbous Lightbugs.

And succeeding at it..

I love it

-Minding my own business A Catcoon instantly swipes my light bug

-Hound wave starts hounds go instantly for the Lightbugs first instead me

-Lightning storm starts. Lightning constantly shoots down my Lightbugs one by one

Surprised they don't just spontaneously combust at this point for no reason .. oh wait

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1