Was the rewards program a failure!?

There are practically never exclusive skins there.

It only serves as a recap for those who missed a Twitch drop.

Converting to lines is not something I expected, but obtaining unique skins through this means.

I think it would be much better to value the work of ambassadors by returning drop skins on Twitch itself.

Captura de tela 2024-02-04 110142.png

was it always advertised to be a source of exclusive skins?

Really tho, people are glad past skins are in there because loads of players weren't present at the time those skins were being streamed.

and if we're getting return drops, it would mean less new drop skins, and won't that mean the drops would get stale later on?

While I myself farmed ALL of the  twitch drops during their initial releases, and therefore never bought any of them through Klei shop, I instead get my hands on exclusive stuff such as "Parrotlet, Banandana, Clucky Slippers, Prismatic Moon Caller Staff profile pic" and "Ye Olde Water Closet". While its hard to call Chinesee skins new and exclusive, they still were available only as pre order in China or somth, but now non Chinesee players can also buy them through Klei shop. (Stone Kiln and Carved Stone Torch (stone torch is my fav btw, only survival one can compete with it). There is also "brambleberry wardobe" skin you can get for merging 2 accounts. And dont forget about "botomless pit" skin, which was availble only before early acces ended. 

Here is screenshots of all non-twitch skins I bought from points shop

image.png.cd756c878d8a607a4738fcd118c97b11.pngimage.png.c0250b8c83581988bf57da8de55e9716.pngimage.png.00ba922cb1886cc944553a69facb5c45.pngimage.png.f7636cc9baf5e1f6abaa9db3adc816ea.pngimage.png.bdfbf4a3272a38ef0d71462eb41d9219.pngimage.png.8eea1980524a4c5ca322871aca491e47.pngimage.png.e0cd1bbf9e8125ef572b0ec42d570857.pngimage.png.2363c4b62cfd7fd4e227a65d945912be.pngimage.png.7fe464b5f0e14d21250fbdfe0c61f9bb.png

I thought it was a failure for opposite reason, by taking what is special about some skins and ruining it.

I believe they should add all the proof of purchase skins on there too, since they went this direction. Some of the merch is hard to impossible to get now, so there's no reason why that stuff shouldn't be on the rewards page too.

Edit: same with the special backgrounds and icons for the Gorge competition. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

I thought it was a failure for opposite reason, by taking what is special about some skins and ruining it.

I believe they should add all the proof of purchase skins on there too, since they went this direction. Some of the merch is hard to impossible to get now, so there's no reason why that stuff shouldn't be on the rewards page too.

Edit: same with the special backgrounds and icons for the Gorge competition. 

for you it might felt like that. but imagine you're constantly working on a real job and can't binge watch twitch streamers for in-game content all the time. It might feel bad losing those.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

Yeah, I want that black winter hat (and cosmetic ugly sweater that comes with it) so bad, you cant even imagine. I need no glommy backpack or chester chest, all I ever wanted is black winter swag drip fr fr

16 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

for you it might felt like that. but imagine you're constantly working on a real job and can't binge watch twitch streamers for in-game content all the time. It might feel bad losing those.

No the twitch drops and old event skins are fine to return. I was talking about the skin that was given to the beta testers. It's an ugly skin that never gets used anymore because it no longer has any value besides its looks.

I work too and it's cool to have a way to get skins you missed.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

It's an ugly skin that never gets used anymore because it no longer has any value besides its looks.

Wrong. I always wanted botomless pit cuz its looked realistic and survival-ish, perfectly fitting to your average base without any no nonsence skins in it

7 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

Wrong. I always wanted botomless pit cuz its looked realistic and survival-ish, perfectly fitting to your average base without any no nonsence skins in it

Imo they should have made another firepit skin for the survivor collection, rather than make this one free for everyone. No other game that has a beta reward ever let's it come back, which sucks because this was the only game that I beta tested for

As fun as it is to have a skin that says "Yes, I played the game 9 years ago" I think its better they have a way to gain these assets going forward.  I like the reward system.

I think it would be pretty cool if beta skins and proof of purchase skins were added, even if their cost were much higher.

My thoughts are that ever since bottomless firepit skin was released on klei rewards why do we still have exclusive skins like funko pops? I for one don't like collecting things like that and shipping is quite expensive so I'll never get these skins.

The real problem of klei rewards store is that any new player won't have any points or skins if they started playing today. Usually for a player to get points they need to be there for every update and it isn't even enough for one skin sometimes when only 1000 points are given.

If my math is correct (it is close enough anyway) you need like 80 400 points to unlock just the 1200 skins without portraits or icons. Since release of klei rewards, I don't think anyone could have gotten close to that number even if they got every point reward link while still having everything unlocked.

These skins are literally the most unobtainable for a new player so that's why I think it would be a better idea to permanently cycle these skins from first to last like every 3 days as a stream drop so that any new player could get them in a reasonable timeframe. 

It would be cool if Klei could add some sort of “Friend Referral” program to DST, similar to how Smite & Fortnite reward players currencies & cool stuff for just inviting players from their friends list who hasn’t played the game ever or in awhile to play the game this seems like a excellent way to score some Klei points, AND bring more players into the game.

But.. I’d prefer it if it only rewarded reward points or spools, because it would suck if an exclusive skin was added to the friend referral program rewards & I had no friends to refer :lol::wickerbottomthanks:

also, remember some countries that don't have twitch. i will soon be parting with twitch soon and i hope klei keeps updating the rewards page with the newer twitch drops that won't be accessible to people in countries that dont have twitch. im very sad and afraid i wont get the new twitch drops from march.. so maybe even if it does nothing for you, there are people who do so don't shoot down our only way to get those drops. hopefully klei doesnt forget and adds them since i feel they stopped adding anything to it.

2 hours ago, xEUx said:

so maybe even if it does nothing for you, there are people who do so don't shoot down our only way to get those drops. 

You can't expect them to NOT be inconsiderate, it's in their nature. 

We will only have 4 major updates in 12 months. Why don't we only have 1 skin in each of these updates in the rewards store?

This does not affect the sale of skins and enhances the rewards system.

Is that too much to ask?

Archived