Bring Back the Forge!

4 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

Also like @SapoLover said, prices aren't that bad. Why is a kid able to host servers with 100+ players and yet a full game development team can't do it? I do believe klei devs when the events ran their course they didn't earn much money from them but DST doesn't have such high requirements for hosting and forge is really predictable on the resources it needs to run without hiccups (not sure about gorge as I didn't play it).

Companies get other price plans, and oh yes, they are more expensive.

I've said it before. I don't understand why forge and gorge aren't native game modes which can be independently hosted by players. Or even still, if an individual elects to rent a dedicated server, have it as a native game mode.

And because someone is going to say it, no, mods don't count. I know reforge/gorge exist, but one must already have each respective mod to be able to play either. It's gatekeeping. 
Anti cheat measures or whatever aren't that necessary. People will be just playing for fun with no stakes. 

If they don't add native forge or gorge, at least recycle the assets into the game. Because this is on topic for forge, as if a menacing reskin of the boarilla as a DST mob like they did with the spidermonkey in hamlet isn't something justifiable.

The silent majority of players seriously DO NOT MIND recycling of assets. 

For me the Forge mod doesn't really work. There is always a huge delay between attacks, so holding F doesn't work. It's just unplayable. We really need Forge and Gorge as game modes, hosted by players and groups.

no one really wants the events themselves again, we just want the option to host them.

the workshop mods are spectacular work make no mistake, but official integrated content always have a far, far larger pool of players and servers.

Archived