Harmless bugs with no alternative to them getting replaced should stay in the game.

1 minute ago, Swiyss said:

I just gave you the example please read it again if you don't get it.

You mean the pillars? They are not just decorations. They are also permanent solutions to a survival mechanic.

Just now, Jakepeng99 said:

Honestly, just let crustashines mass breed. 

Yeah, until your base if filled with them. I guess if they did it right it would be super cool. Also the same with bulbous lightbugs, klei should literally add wickerbottoms quote of them to the game. 

Just now, _zwb said:

You mean the pillars? They are not just decorations. They are also permanent solutions to a survival mechanic.

I mean the lunar tree one.

Just now, chirsg said:

I think they should bring back the shell bell exploit.

No. Fix all bugs. Klei please fix voidwalking and give us flying hutch.

12 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

the beauty of symbolizing the whole trip to the moon island

That is literally the effects of lune trees.

Also this discussion isn't going anywhere...

4 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

No. Fix all bugs. Klei please fix voidwalking and give us flying hutch.

Sure, fix them all, now the players would have to face the problems those "bugs" solved, which Klei wouldn't fix after fixing the bugs

Just now, _zwb said:

That is literally the effects of lune trees.

Also this discussion isn't going anywhere...

You said

Value : power of reliability 

I said

Value : power of reliability and of showing off.

what is there not to get?

You also said showing off is not really a thing... in a multiplayer game. 

The decorations are literally showing off. There is 0 "value" you get from it as your very self said.

Making the item easier to craft will decrease its "value" (as in my comprehension of the term).

While it is unfortunate that the pearl shell farming got patched, it's still important to note that, at the end of the day, it was still a bug. It was inevitable that it was going to get fixed, even if it wasn't an extremely powerful one to utilize. I myself didn't like it too much because it led to an issue where every time I visted the island Pearl would give me 20+ bundles out of nowhere (since I think it just freely added one every time you loaded your world) and I ended up having hundreds of bundles around that didn't look too pretty.

I would speak more about this, but JoeW wrote a pretty good summary of how the team fixes bugs on an old game update post when they fixed an issue relating to how you could load/unload poison birchnut trees:

On 4/3/2017 at 11:28 PM, JoeW said:

Bugs are fixed on a priority basis - sometimes priority depends on how quickly a bug can be fixed. How quickly a bug can be fixed can depend on who touched that system last and how quickly it can be figured out. And sometimes, if it's a rare or infrequent bug the priority goes way down and could potentially not be worth fixing at all. (nothing is entirely bug free)

I mean, sorry that some of you can be inconvenienced by not being able to take advantage of something that has become your preferred method of doing things, but the stuff that allows people to easily cheese their way around things sometimes just need to get fixed. 

We don't like that sometimes things stick around for a while either, but it's a constant balancing game between doing new stuff and fixing bugs and right now, bug fixing is a priority. 

8 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

what is there not to get?

By value I didn't just mean reliability... This word is too vague for a proper discussion, I shouldn't have used it....

2 hours ago, _zwb said:

If the value of an item/structure is the effort required for making it then sure, turfs are more valuable than potted ferns, however value is not determined by the effort required to make something, but the effects it produce.

You actually said this ^^. In term, reliability is what came to my mind when referring to what you said in the quote.

2 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Let us give fish to pearl for bundles.

And increase the shell drop rate from snails (10 is too much)

More task in exchange of bundles would be welcome

I always have a bundle with cacti salad to get an extra bundle. Would be funnier and give us more reasons to visit her if there were more tasks like that 

Like getting a bundle everytime you put things to dry in her drying racks once you get the pearl, fertilizing her berrybushes when they wither, giving her taffy since she is an old lady like wanda and she doesnt use the honey from her bee box, etc

10 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

While it is unfortunate that the pearl shell farming got patched, it's still important to note that, at the end of the day, it was still a bug. It was inevitable that it was going to get fixed, even if it wasn't an extremely powerful one to utilize. I myself didn't like it too much because it led to an issue where every time I visted the island Pearl would give me 20+ bundles out of nowhere (since I think it just freely added one every time you loaded your world) and I ended up having hundreds of bundles around that didn't look too pretty.

I would speak more about this, but JoeW wrote a pretty good summary of how the team fixes bugs on an old game update post when they fixed an issue relating to how you could load/unload poison birchnut trees:

It's crazy that they somehow still didn't fix voidwalking.

I guess its omega hard to fix it.

10 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

and I ended up having hundreds of bundles around that didn't look too pretty.

I've known you for years in the community and this is the only valid concern over the bug. I hate to be that guy, but I never experienced this, however, I believe you when you say it's happened and it's a concern.

In spite of this, I still disagree that something that is a bug should necessarily get patched, unless it's something that is gamebreaking, literally.

Perhaps the shell bells and thanks bundles had potential for it, but I maintain it's easier to destroy than it is to farm.

I still maintain that it's atrocious that this was taken out without another alternative to make up for it. Even for shell bells. In a practical application, you don't even need that many, but as a way to enjoy other obscure parts of the game, it would have been nice as well to be able to get enough shell bells to make chords.

Regardless, as a builder, I'd appreciate it if each snail mob when blown up drops 10 broken shells at minimum. Problem is, even if I were to get my way, it's likely another 2 years until this suggestion even gets considered. 

Especially with the amount of people who are against it despite this would be feature not affecting them in the slightest.

Just now, NoodlemanNed said:

yeah it sucks that decorating got nerfed but can we stop bee queen from flying onto the ocean mid fight, that change still feels unnecessary.

Stay on topic, guy. This has nothing to do with the post. Make your own thread.

2 minutes ago, NoodlemanNed said:

yeah it sucks that decorating got nerfed but can we stop bee queen from flying onto the ocean mid fight, that change still feels unnecessary.

Is that a bug?

3 minutes ago, chirsg said:

this is the only valid concern over the bug

Making the game give you unintended infinite amounts of resources seems fine for you. If you wanna go that crybaby route, you should consider coding this bug back into the game as a model and adding it to your server. You can even call it a feature! How wonderful that we live in a free country like America huh!

Just now, Swiyss said:

Is that a bug?

from what ive heard there used to be some code that disabled bee queen kiting while she was close to, or on the ocean. That behaviour is what caused her to to stand still when dragged onto a boat.

When the devs patched out that boat cheese it also had the side effect of removing that previously intended behaviour. Whether this is a bug or not isnt something i can decide on.

6 minutes ago, chirsg said:

I still maintain that it's atrocious that this was taken out without another alternative to make up for it.

If they did that, then most bugs wouldn't be fixed until the feature is out and that's a problem. Matter fact, adding easier ways to obtain those shells would decrease the value of them as I said. Telling the story to your friends that you had to farm countless days of moongleams to get enough shells for a build is way more honorable than saying you abused a bug for your own advantage. In my book, I would call you a cheater and even dismiss all your hard work on yours builds since they were made the unintended and wrong way. But that's just me.

1 minute ago, NoodlemanNed said:

from what ive heard there used to be some code that disabled bee queen kiting while she was close to, or on the ocean. That behaviour is what caused her to to stand still when dragged onto a boat.

When the devs patched out that boat cheese it also had the side effect of removing that previously intended behaviour. Whether this is a bug or not isnt something i can decide on.

I guess they didn't like the fact that half the fight was skipped by just fighting her on a boat. In that case I agree, the unintended feature should've been removed. However I also still think she constantly going to the ocean isn't that bad of a thing, you can just kite her the other way. Actually it feels like she's saying "come get me now" so that's cool.

26 minutes ago, Maxil20 said:

Pearl giving way to many bundle of thanks packages was annoying, Shell bells were only entertaining for a few weeks when the she sells seashells update came out and people were able to faithfully recreate the super Mario bros theme song by running through them.. but outside of that- they can cause SERIOUS world clutter which will lag the game down, I am going to assume that they’re trying to limit the world lag for less capable platforms such as older PCs or the NSwitch, but honestly I can only guess at what the real cause was. All that I CAN say is I’m thankful that the crab lady won’t give me more shells then I’ll ever know what to do with anymore.. 

And it was quite time consuming to take a hammer to all the annoying noise making shells everytime I wanted to clean the world of them.

Hopefully this patch lessens that by a bit.. and perhaps as a trade off, I can just actually buy some bundles of thanks from her when I actually want them rather than she just give ‘em to me.

I mean… to be fair, she DID refuse my ruins chair… so why should I feel the urge to “Thank” her for her 5 millionth bundle of thanks?

17 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

If you wanna go that crybaby route, you should consider coding this bug back into the game as a model and adding it to your server. You can even call it a feature! How wonderful that we live in a free country like America huh!

If you want to throw insults, how would you like my discord details and we can insult one another as much as we want? Because what you're saying here is an insult, and if you want to play that way, I'd prefer to do it off the forums.

Just now, chirsg said:

If you want to throw insults, how would you like my discord details and we can insult one another as much as we want? Because what you're saying here is an insult, and if you want to play that way, I'd prefer to do it off the forums.

Chill man. Sorry if you're offended.

Just now, Swiyss said:

Chill man. Sorry if you're offended.

Nah, I insist. I'll message you now with my details and you can either apologize or we can have a heated discussion about your attitude. 

17 minutes ago, chirsg said:

I've known you for years in the community and this is the only valid concern over the bug. I hate to be that guy, but I never experienced this, however, I believe you when you say it's happened and it's a concern.

It is happened quite a few times to me throughout my world. It's not the worst thing ever, but it's one of those minor quips that I have encountered quite a bit. Ignore how the area looks messy I've been meaning to redecorate for awhile
image.png.32883d0f16d9183cfecc944df76e2eb1.png

I do agree that it is a bit unfortunate to lose out on the main shell source, I just think it wasn't really brought up a lot until things like the CoTL flowerbeds got added and people were used to the strat until it got patched out. I do think it would make sense for slurtles/snurtles to drop more shells, although I do feel like 3-4 (perhaps 6-7 for snurtles because rolling the not-shell drop is considerably more rarer) would probably be how they would balance it, along with retuning the bundle of thanks exchange to use a fish (perhaps a freshwater one) as opposed to using a bottle.

Still I call it crybaby way of playing the game. I don't have another way to say it.

Just now, chirsg said:

Nah, I insist. I'll message you now with my details and you can either apologize or we can have a heated discussion about your attitude. 

Sure

But I already apologized tho Haha.

5 hours ago, chirsg said:
Spoiler

I wash my hands of the replies. I don't think the developers are lazy and it's an unfair assessment to say so.

I make my suggestions, never to insult, but to say what is falling short from the game to improve it.

Such a general term like "lazy" is not constructive and specific enough.

I can't apologize for someone else's actions and words, but for the record, I am not calling anyone lazy. 

And I condemn anyone for saying anything like that.

You're getting a little bit intense in the forums, taking things too seriusly.

44 minutes ago, arubaro said:

More task in exchange of bundles would be welcome

Maxil's post inspired an idea that simply visiting after a while when friendly and waving or dancing could have her give bundles.

Also maybe an extension on her level 3 home like a tin bin that lets her check multiple fish in one go instead of weighing one by one so trawlers and seasonal fish are more lucrative.

Archived