Harmless bugs with no alternative to them getting replaced should stay in the game.

8 minutes ago, Popian said:

Maxil's post inspired an idea that simply visiting after a while when friendly and waving or dancing could have her give bundles.

Also maybe an extension on her level 3 home like a tin bin that lets her check multiple fish in one go instead of weighing one by one so trawlers and seasonal fish are more lucrative.

I'm not even sure that's enough. I go overboard on camellia planting, and the form factor and general shape of the skin is just asking to be spammed.

Whatever solution they come up with, they need to maximize the output of worthless shells.

Well, if anyone has a literal duplication bug, I'm happy to add you on discord, because I'd rather break the game than have to sit through such tedious methods to get a very worthless item.

1 minute ago, chirsg said:

Whatever solution they come up with, they need to maximize the output of worthless shells.

Why?

2 minutes ago, chirsg said:

have to sit through such tedious methods to get a very worthless item

That's life man. You work for things, you don't get everything for free. You should learn sooner than later.

If you want something changed on the premise that it is "tedious" or "to hard to get" then that's cr*bab* behavior. We can't make things easier just because.

Oh but it's "useless" or "just a decoration", still is something IN the game that adds to the amount of hours you'll be playing, and that's wonderful.

If everyone was complementing your builds for how hard they were to get than yeah you wouldn't care that much. Heck, if the bug didn't exist you would also not care that much.

Klei should bring back "golden wigfrid" cause 2 people liked it? It's not your game, they do the references that THEY want or the COMMUNITY wants, not BS things that no one cares about. Potato cup is an example. Do you really think they care enough to keep a bug like that in the game?

4 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Let us give fish to pearl for bundles.

And increase the shell drop rate from snails (10 is too much)

You can already buy her shell bundles with bottles and repeat various tasks (give her heavy fish, heavy seasonal fish, flower salad and dry food on her racks) every 20 days for additional bundles. 

38 minutes ago, chirsg said:

I'd rather break the game than have to sit through such tedious methods to get a very worthless item.

Just spawn it in if you need so many and will go to such lengths. I think a better way to make it easier to mass craft would be to ask for the recipe to change from Broken Shell to Rocks.

10 minutes ago, Lovens said:

You can already buy her shell bundles with bottles and repeat various tasks (give her heavy fish, heavy seasonal fish, flower salad and dry food on her racks) every 20 days for additional bundles. 

Those aren't great methods for a worthless drop. It's tedious for the sake of a very humble material. Shells aren't used for weapons, armor, protection, nothing. The only real use is for decoration and going to such unusual lengths for them is a joke. 

3 minutes ago, Popian said:

Just spawn it in if you need so many and will go to such lengths. I think a better way to make it easier to mass craft would be to ask for the recipe to change from Broken Shell to Rocks.

And where does it end? Am I spawning dreadstone next because I like pillars? Am I spawning boards because I happen to like flower pots?

Ironically, both of the listed things are far more easier to mass farm than shells for no reason at all. 

Also, what you need to consider is that I like to have the option to replicate my builds on public servers. I really don't think it would hurt if snail mobs dropped 10 broken shells per explosion. 

I didn't even want to be a part of the forums, until the next beta, and then this foolhardy decision was made without any viable alternative. 

One of the main reasons is wasting day count and arching closer to the wrap around of the days. I think at day 30,000 your world just breaks and it's no longer playable. Wasting 10000 days just to farm up shells is completely stupid. 

50 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

Why?

That's life man. You work for things, you don't get everything for free. You should learn sooner than later.

If you want something changed on the premise that it is "tedious" or "to hard to get" then that's cr*bab* behavior. We can't make things easier just because.

Oh but it's "useless" or "just a decoration", still is something IN the game that adds to the amount of hours you'll be playing, and that's wonderful.

If everyone was complementing your builds for how hard they were to get than yeah you wouldn't care that much. Heck, if the bug didn't exist you would also not care that much.

Klei should bring back "golden wigfrid" cause 2 people liked it? It's not your game, they do the references that THEY want or the COMMUNITY wants, not BS things that no one cares about. Potato cup is an example. Do you really think they care enough to keep a bug like that in the game?

Nothing would become easier by making farming broken shells easier. Actually if they buff snurtle's ammount of broken shells dropped would mean that we will have a reason to fight them other than getting the body armor piece

Adding empty hours for the sake of making a game long is one of the dumbest and worst game designs, defending a grindy mechanic with that game design in mind is beyond my understanding

10 minutes ago, chirsg said:

Those aren't great methods for a worthless drop. It's tedious for the sake of a very humble material. Shells aren't used for weapons, armor, protection, nothing. The only real use is for decoration and going to such unusual lengths for them is a joke. 

And where does it end? Am I spawning dreadstone next because I like pillars? Am I spawning boards because I happen to like flower pots?

Ironically, both of the listed things are far more easier to mass farm than shells for no reason at all. 

Also, what you need to consider is that I like to have the option to replicate my builds on public servers. I really don't think it would hurt if snail mobs dropped 10 broken shells per explosion. 

I didn't even want to be a part of the forums, until the next beta, and then this foolhardy decision was made without any viable alternative. 

One of the main reasons is wasting day count and arching closer to the wrap around of the days. I think at day 30,000 your world just breaks and it's no longer playable. Wasting 10000 days just to farm up shells is completely stupid. 

There is a Korean streamer currently on world 33000. So no, it doesn't break.

Just now, arubaro said:

defending a grindy mechanic with that game design in mind is beyond my understanding

It is decoration friend. Not a weapon, not food or warmth, but decoration. It being hard to amass is completely fine, I think you missed the point.

Also I think that making the flower pot cost rocks or something else is a way better change than what OP promoted. This idea is from @Popian

3 minutes ago, arubaro said:

would mean that we will have a reason to fight them other than getting the body armor piece

We already do? It's not like they already drop shells right?

4 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

It is decoration friend. Not a weapon, not food or warmth, but decoration. It being hard to amass is completely fine, I think you missed the point.

Also I think that making the flower pot cost rocks or something else is a way better change than what OP promoted. This idea is from @Popian

And because is a decoration it should ne grindy? What kind of non sense is that?

So you are okey with changing the recipe to rocks, one of the easier to amass materials in the game, making broken shells a pointless item in the game but against improving the ways of getting broken shells??? Are you simply trolling?

13 minutes ago, arubaro said:

And because is a decoration it should ne grindy? What kind of non sense is that?

So you are okey with changing the recipe to rocks, one of the easier to amass materials in the game, making broken shells a pointless item in the game but against improving the ways of getting broken shells??? Are you simply trolling?

If you make it cost rocks, yeah, the value would go down, so actually that's a bad idea. But I'm against changing things that were hard to get before.

The change that made you get 4 turfs instead of 1 per craft was actually an amazing change imo. But the clean sweeper craft being nerfed was actually a bad idea imo. So yeah I guess rocks are not a great alternative since the shells themselves are rarely used anywhere besides decoration...

Maybe they could add more ways to get shells, like underground clusters may appear from time to time or build-up regularly next to Pearl's island. But there's already too many ways you can get broken shells in this game.

4 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

If you make it cost rocks, yeah, the value would go down, so actually that's a bad idea. But I'm against changing things that were hard to get before.

The change that made you get 4 turfs instead of 1 per craft was actually an amazing change imo. But the clean sweeper craft being nerfed was actually a bad idea imo. So yeah I guess rocks are not a great alternative since the shells themselves are rarely used anywhere besides decoration...

Maybe they could add more ways to get shells, like underground clusters may appear from time to time or build-up regularly next to Pearl's island. But there's already too many ways you can get broken shells in this game.

Dst isnt a chinesse gatcha arpg neither albion online, less grind in certain areas like broken shells would be welcome for the vast majority of players that actually use them

Pd. Name all the ways of getting broken shells, please

Just now, arubaro said:

Dst isnt a chinesse gatcha arpg neither albion online, less grind in certain areas like broken shells would be welcome for the vast majority of players that actually use them

You can already multiply sea shells with green gems since you might be already killing fuelweaver on the clock in the late-game (which I assume is the time where you're most likely to be decorating your base). For me, it is not necessary, and I used it a lot in my buildings, when I need it, I just go get more and it doesn't feel tedious nor too hard to do it.

3 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

You can already multiply sea shells with green gems since you might be already killing fuelweaver on the clock in the late-game (which I assume is the time where you're most likely to be decorating your base). For me, it is not necessary, and I used it a lot in my buildings, when I need it, I just go get more and it doesn't feel tedious nor too hard to do it.

Which recipe do you use to dupe shell bells in a non ridiculous gem-shell ratio? 

Archived