Anyone Else have this issue with wavy jones?

If you place structures at the edge of the boat, he sometimes hides behind it and you can not scare him away. 

Boats are cramped so this essentially limits space on boats by making you not want to make things on the edge.

that's why you cannot completely cramp boats, and on good side like Arubaro said - Wavey always spawn in opposite direction of player, so their spawning spot can be controlled. Just remember to have some space on at least one edge.

I thought not putting objects directly on the edges of your boat was a golden rule!

I've got trauma from when Boats and Wavey were first added where objects would constantly block my path and fall off the boat. I never let myself put anything that'd prevent me from doing a full 180 around my boat. It's safer that way!

12 hours ago, -Variant said:

I thought not putting objects directly on the edges of your boat was a golden rule!

I've got trauma from when Boats and Wavey were first added where objects would constantly block my path and fall off the boat. I never let myself put anything that'd prevent me from doing a full 180 around my boat. It's safer that way!

Not only that but boat bumpers (which i recently found are more useful than i thought) ask you to leave a lot of space around the edges to be placed and repaired, they have a god awful large clipping requirement.

I’m not sure if its an oversight but a truly efficient boat , in terms of placing all the boating things, should not have many structures really which is a shame and goes against the “boat basing life”. Perhaps this is why they added the magnets? So we carry very few structures on a boat train? Ive tried that too and its quite inneficient tbh (and the boats always eventually crash against each other)

18 hours ago, arubaro said:

If you step near that structure they will spawn in the opposite direction, they always spawn opposite to you 

I do that, but i will still sometimes mess up, or some other person messes up.

If you mess up he stays there all night destroying the boat.

12 hours ago, -Variant said:

Space them out.

11 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Not only that but boat bumpers (which i recently found are more useful than i thought) ask you to leave a lot of space around the edges to be placed and repaired, they have a god awful large clipping requirement.

I’m not sure if its an oversight but a truly efficient boat , in terms of placing all the boating things, should not have many structures really which is a shame and goes against the “boat basing life”. Perhaps this is why they added the magnets? So we carry very few structures on a boat train? Ive tried that too and its quite inneficient tbh (and the boats always eventually crash against each other)

You can use client commands to client side delete items on top which lets you repair them, so it is a bug.

Archived