Best things to do when bored in DST

Be it bored of the world, or the way you play, or anything else... Share your own ideas to counter boredom while in the Constant, the only exception being playi- I mean exiting the Constant and entering different realities, of course!

I myself go play in pubs if I'm bored, I find them to be a whole different experience and is also one of the best ways to talk to other players.

Year of the Bunnyman added a absolutely hilarious fun mini game where you and a few buddies can sort of “Sumo Wrestle” with pillows inside of a Sumo Circle, it is quite entertaining to attempt to smack your pals out of the circle.

Sure it’s not your standard DST content, but.. it sure can be fun if you’re bored of not having any new weather seasons/survival challenges that aren’t Optional Boss fights.

I turn on the little events once in a while to farm up something specific because they add the fun items and base decor for sake of making things nicer. 

Other times I'd play Shipwrecked mods in pubs to sail around and scavenge for stuff like a scrap collector.

Join pubs, help people out as Maxwell or other, set something up before leaving to give them a bigger chance in survival.

Planning projects for building areas, redesigning something I don't like anymore. Mix match turfs till they feel right.

Carrat racing :rolleyes:

all the YoT events in general r nice passtimes when things become monotonous i think. And the Cawnival. 

I never really got into carrat racing until recently and its so fun lol. I love that u can customize ur carrat by feeding them different seeds. Currently planning a race track that circles my entire base :mrgreen:

They gave the carrat so many great animations its crazy. Its so precious when they present u with a bundle of ingots. 

Just play another game if you're bored ! Never force yourself to play a game you already played too much, I've been in a big DST phase now I'm with a PVZ GW2 and DS phase, you know, those things happen.

I guess when you still wanna play DST but don't know what to do, play with other people or be the best decorator ever. Idk do what you want !

4 hours ago, HellHeater said:

Play Terraria.

I am, still

4 hours ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Play Cult of the lamb. 

3 hours ago, arubaro said:

Complain in the forum about klei not releasing the content i want

Pd. Play grounded or V rising (but dont support stunlock studios)

3 hours ago, JustAFlower said:

Just play another game if you're bored ! Never force yourself to play a game you already played too much, I've been in a big DST phase now I'm with a PVZ GW2 and DS phase, you know, those things happen.

I guess when you still wanna play DST but don't know what to do, play with other people or be the best decorator ever. Idk do what you want !

I thought this made it obvious that suggesting other games isn't supposed to be here "the only exception being playi- I mean exiting the Constant and entering different realities, of course!"

Should I rephrase that? Genuine question, I thought it was obvious but it might not be :chargrined: It's supposed to be a thread for things to do while bored in DST, not of DST.

22 minutes ago, Antynomity said:

I am, still

I thought this made it obvious that suggesting other games isn't supposed to be here "the only exception being playi- I mean exiting the Constant and entering different realities, of course!"

Should I rephrase that? Genuine question, I thought it was obvious but it might not be :chargrined: It's supposed to be a thread for things to do while bored in DST, not of DST.

Well if you still wanna play the game after you're bored with it. Are you actually bored?

1 hour ago, BalkanCockroach said:

Well if you still wanna play the game after you're bored with it. Are you actually bored?

"It's supposed to be a thread for things to do while bored in DST, not of DST."

6 minutes ago, Echsrick said:

play a differend video game, a bad one so you hopefully can see the good video games 

Like Roblox?

Just now, Antynomity said:

"It's supposed to be a thread for things to do while bored in DST, not of DST."

Install winona car mod, makes the game 1000000000x better.

Jokes aside: Some things I like to do when bored of the gameplay loop of DST is to break away from the gameplay loop.

Here are some examples: I toggle on Year of the Catcoon and then DO NOT Hire the Ticoon to help me be able to find them in their respective Biomes, and after I’ve found them all- I dismiss them again so the global Kitty hunt can begin again!

I toggle on WintersFeast and attempt to build one large Buffet table consisting of every single WF food you can craft (which will require the same questing all over the constant as Kitty Hunts do!) 

So bam, I’m gathering WF buffet dish ingredients while also trying to find lost cats, all while simultaneously at the same time doing this next thing-

Changing Season Lengths to Highly Randomized.

Like I said I HATE Repetitive Gameplay, and knowing EXACTLY which day a season is going to start or end on, absolutely MUST go..

So now you got 3 objectives active at once- Find all the lost Kitties, Craft all the WF Dishes, And Survive the random BS the games seasons try to throw at you.

I highly recommend trying this at least once. <3

Also: You can attempt toggling on Rifts on Day 1.

People are against doing that because it gives them what they feel is access to super high tier end game loots or whatever- BUT… those “loots” do not come without Consequences…

You ever tried to clear the CC Questline with CC’s Post Rift BS interfering?

Ill give you a hint: It won’t be as easy to place the berry bushes on pearls hermit island OR Fight Crab King as it would normally be.

I do most certainly gotta say that fighting CK while Rifts were already active was moderately amusing at least.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I do most certainly gotta say that fighting CK while Rifts were already active was moderately amusing at least.

Omg... that sounds awful XD good challenge task i guess, kill 9 pearled CK in a moonstorm :P

Get in my creative world and experiment with base designs. That way I don't build the same one over and over.

I'd say joining Forge servers too, but forge is a usual thing I do whether I'm bored or not.

20 hours ago, Antynomity said:

I am, still

I do megabasing for that. There is always a boss, material or area to farm

Right now i dont play as much but when i do im doing a big cawnival area. Events bring a lot of decorations and are a good excuse to make builds arround the games and shrines 

In summer, if i dont need to do ruins stuff or farm pure horror (i like to have several stacks to refil orange amulets near farms) i keep expanding the cave base

Now, with the skill trees, you can try boss rush with different skill configurations

Edit. And you can always try big mods like uncompromising or cherry forest

I like doing something that is different than what I'm bored of.

If I start feeling like a megabase world is turning into a giant todo list, I'll do some boss rush worlds and see how many bosses I can kill by the end of winter or i'll start/join a public world and help people out. I find a balance of the three of those to be pretty rewarding and each helps get me improve in different areas of gameplay. Of them I find boss rushing to seem the hardest to get bored of, since you can always switch characters and try doing it in a different manner.

Lights out is also pretty fun to try if you're bored of the normal game play loop. At some point it starts to feel like normal dst, but the first year or so is a lot of fun and feels really different.

Archived