Quick Questions or Suggestions that don't deserve their own thread (Beta Edition)

I find it very uncomfortable to use Wigfrid's shield block skill, as it requires a right-click followed by a left-click. Often, rapidly clicking in succession can result in a failed block judgment, and it's very difficult to release the block again at the moment when the skill's cooldown ends. Therefore, I hope that I could have an option to block directly with a right-click, without necessarily having to click twice to block.

We should require less skills points on Bernie branch to unlock Burning Bernie, otherwise any skill tree going for it has a really rigid investment of points, little customisation. The Burning effect on Bernie should also stay for longer, the same for Burning Frenzy on Willow, too many reaplications durings fights, the ember cost could be adjusted accordingly. 

They turned Wigfrid's shield into the reworked sword from the reforged mod lol.

42 minutes ago, Picklesaurus said:

We should require less skills points on Bernie branch to unlock Burning Bernie, otherwise any skill tree going for it has a really rigid investment of points, little customisation. The Burning effect on Bernie should also stay for longer, the same for Burning Frenzy on Willow, too many reaplications durings fights, the ember cost could be adjusted accordingly. 

Another thing that would be good is if burning frenzy ignited everything nearby in a tiny area. 

1 hour ago, Alexx7 said:

this update should be called a song of ice and fire it's literally right there with wigfrid willow and the frostjaw

it'll be Skill Spotlight: Wigfrid and Willow, jusging by how the previous skill tree update was named 

I can’t play in the Betas and have no idea how willows skills actually work, does she have something similar to sonic the hedgehog 3’s fire shield power up?

It would be a HUGE missed Opportunity for Klei not to let the one character who is completely immune to fire damage walk around inside a flame bubble, even if it’s only for a few seconds which sounds like “Combustion” 

I just picture Willow being sort of like a Minecraft creeper, rushing into danger in her shield bubble then exploding it outwards to “combust”

That would be so dang fun I’d possibly become a Willow main for that Alone.

Another Fun thing I’d like to be able to cast willows fire spells onto burning Bernie, to increase his damage/burn duration.

I don’t know if that’s a thing we can do or not (as again I can’t play in betas…) but Klei uses this beta time to gather feedback and make changes- By the time the update comes to Xbox.. changes are pretty much already finalized.

Burning Bernie and being able to cast willows fire magic at him for buffs just sound like a no brainer move though.

Does Wigfrid’s Mystic Resilience (or whatever that planar defense one was called) apply planar defense to your beefalo? (Note that certain skills that seem like they should be incompatible have worked on beefalo in the past, such as wormwood’s Brightshade skills)

Does holding a battle spear while attacking on the back of a beefalo provide the extra inspiration from the battle spear skills?

Does the commander’s helm knockback reduction reduce the knockback of being knocked off of your beefalo by from beyond bosses?

there’s a pretty clear trend with my questions here lol. The rider tree is only 4 skills and I’m a delulu mad man who wants to base my whole build on beefalo.. as Wigfrid.

Just now, NotGabriel said:

Does Wigfrid’s Mystic Resilience (or whatever that planar defense one was called) apply planar defense to your beefalo? (Note that certain skills that seem like they should be incompatible have worked on beefalo in the past, such as wormwood’s Brightshade skills)

Does holding a battle spear while attacking on the back of a beefalo provide the extra inspiration from the battle spear skills?

Does the commander’s helm knockback reduction reduce the knockback of being knocked off of your beefalo by from beyond bosses?

1. No
  2. Yes (unclear if this is intended or not)
  3. Yes but you still get force-dismounted. The animation is just significantly faster.

apparently klei wont buff battle stingers letting them be useless

the only thing they attempted is adding an useless skill tree point but, even if worked, characters shouldn't be fix via skill trees...

same happend with enemies set on fire and willow skill tree... in this case is worst because they are locking an old suggestion into one single character and only if you chose certain skill point...

i see how walter would be forced to pick X skill nodes to make his slingshot less useless and grindy instead of fixing it outside of the skill tree and later adding fun stuff in the skill tree

This is something I alluded to in my own thread, but a more versatile/present Bernie would be nice.  More nuance to how he functions with the skills and serving as a more ever-present thing for Willow like the relationship between Wendy and Abigail. He does a good job at what he's made to do already, but he could always be more than just a nightmare fuel farmer and early game defender.

On 12/9/2023 at 4:38 AM, Alexx7 said:

this update should be called a song of ice and fire

i wish they had a fun naming scheme like this for the spotlight updates, it reminds me of the trading card names which i always thought went really hard (i.e “shouts and silence” for wes and wigfrid, “matches and theorems” for wilson and willow)

8 hours ago, arubaro said:

apparently klei wont buff battle stingers letting them be useless

the only thing they attempted is adding an useless skill tree point but, even if worked, characters shouldn't be fix via skill trees...

same happend with enemies set on fire and willow skill tree... in this case is worst because they are locking an old suggestion into one single character and only if you chose certain skill point...

i see how walter would be forced to pick X skill nodes to make his slingshot less useless and grindy instead of fixing it outside of the skill tree and later adding fun stuff in the skill tree

I've been saying this, fixes to characters should be made before the skill trees are implemented. Locking basic fixes behind skill trees is a bad idea because it means the skills become a necessity to even use the character's basic abilities. So with some characters you'll have cool new perks available for you on top of your cool base abilities, while with others you'll have to spend skill points so they aren't broken.

The scope of character changes between reworks and skill trees changed a lot, and i think Klei should have taken some time to rethink that and balance the characters accordingly instead of starting the skill trees and balancing on the go with it

Archived