Willow's CD update has caused no one to use this skill anymore

4 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

Oh, I am going to use the skills even if they have a cooldown. Or maybe because they have a cooldown. Don't lie. Nobody is forcing you to play Willow.

That's true, I shouldn't bring everyone along because I don't know anyone who likes to be abused and doesn't like strong characters and prefers weak characters.

I have been playing this character since willow was released by DS. I am not convinced to see other characters getting stronger one by one, while willow has been unpopular for so many years and finally has a chance to strengthen, yet still needs to be weakened. There are many imbalanced characters, why can't willow be strong, let alone not particularly strong.

No one really forces me to play, but I've been playing it for so many years, and I like this character and I don't want to give up on it. It's just that simple.

Well, we are on the same boat on this one, except I believe that characters should not be become too strong in general. Many characters are out of line already and it would be a shame if that happened to Willow also. All things considered Willow is the most fun survivor to play, if you ask me.

4 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

Well, we are on the same boat on this one, except I believe that characters should not be become too strong in general. Many characters are out of line already and it would be a shame if that happened to Willow also. All things considered Willow is the most fun survivor to play, if you ask me.

The problem is that the overall environment has changed now, and the current version requires stronger characters. Isn't it better for more people to play our favorite characters.

It would certainly be a shame if the affinity spells remain the way they are, but I'd honestly be happy if they actually implement the Self Immolation skill suggestion later down the line. 

I do have an idea of how the affinity spells could become decent, ranged every-day-use versions instead of ultra moves people are too afraid of being spammed, but I'm unsure if anyone would be willing to hear me out.

8 hours ago, Reecitz said:

I do have an idea of how the affinity spells could become decent, ranged every-day-use versions instead of ultra moves people are too afraid of being spammed, but I'm unsure if anyone would be willing to hear me out.

You should make a thread, I want to hear.

8 hours ago, zhangsheng said:

The problem is that the overall environment has changed now, and the current version requires stronger characters. Isn't it better for more people to play our favorite characters.

I am under a different impression. Most challenges and threats in the game has remained constant but the survivors keep getting very much better. :v I hope that once all skill trees are in place there will be more updates to mobs and bosses and more challenging environments or biomes to visit.

1 hour ago, Q42 said:

You should make a thread, I want to hear.

I just might, but first, just so I know how it works (because again, the lack of controller support makes it so that the game crashes whenever I select it), how does the damage for the lunar flame spell work? 50 per flame, with three different flames spawning per second? And the spell lasts a total of 6 seconds, right? What's the max damage output from the spell from its full duration again?

12 minutes ago, Reecitz said:

I just might, but first, just so I know how it works (because again, the lack of controller support makes it so that the game crashes whenever I select it), how does the damage for the lunar flame spell work? 50 per flame, with three different flames spawning per second?

Each hit deals 20 physical dmg + 30 planar dmg for a total of 50 dmg. This is repeated 15 times over the course of 5 seconds, for a total of 750 dmg over 5 seconds (+0.66 if you include casting time).

Look guys I know you all hate when I talk about other games, but to actually Understand the Suggestions & why I reference those other games you would need to actually have gone and played said other games.

Ahem Anyway… I think the answer to this to make it both fun and not a very long Cooldown timer would to copy something Straight out of SMITE.

See in Smite there are some characters who’s abilities will “Stack” allowing them to use that ability up to 3 times before it goes on longer & longer CD timer.

If you only use the ability Once, then the CD is much faster, if you use it twice, it’s a bit longer but not as long as it would be using all 3 “stacks”

if you use all 3 Stacks, you get the longest cooldown timer, but also the most optimal damage output.

Its a simple Concept Smite has been using for years, that could probably apply well here.

If Klei could somehow code it so that each “Stack” does a different amount of damage, that would probably help a lot too.

Prevents Willow from being too powercreep’d, while also still letting people use and have fun with the ability without having to overly nerf it.

I think anyone advocating for an ember cap needs to try farming them in a fresh world straight up no spawning in of anything. It's not that easy and it's definitely not fast or convenient. A cap is almost pointless in my opinion. The affinity skills aren't that strong and should probably have a 5-7 second cooldown to encourage doing something else during a fight but that's it. Ember harvesting has already been nerfed. You can also no longer cast from a beef.

I really think lunar flame needs its direction fixed after casting so you can move around. That's what I'd like to talk about instead of just nerfing everything all the time.

On 12/9/2023 at 7:55 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Look guys I know you all hate when I talk about other games, but to actually Understand the Suggestions & why I reference those other games you would need to actually have gone and played said other games.

Ahem Anyway… I think the answer to this to make it both fun and not a very long Cooldown timer would to copy something Straight out of SMITE.

See in Smite there are some characters who’s abilities will “Stack” allowing them to use that ability up to 3 times before it goes on longer & longer CD timer.

If you only use the ability Once, then the CD is much faster, if you use it twice, it’s a bit longer but not as long as it would be using all 3 “stacks”

if you use all 3 Stacks, you get the longest cooldown timer, but also the most optimal damage output.

Its a simple Concept Smite has been using for years, that could probably apply well here.

If Klei could somehow code it so that each “Stack” does a different amount of damage, that would probably help a lot too.

Prevents Willow from being too powercreep’d, while also still letting people use and have fun with the ability without having to overly nerf it.

Assume at least some people have played those games, completely understand what you're trying to say but think it's a very weak and unconnected argument.

Ahem Anyway.... Smite is a MOBA. 

See in Call of Duty there are some characters who's bullets will 'Kill' allowing them to use the death of the opponent to have a positive KDA. 

If you only use the bullet Once, then it will not bring down the HP of the enemy very much, but if you use it twice, it's a bit longer than using one bullet but not as long as it would be using 3 bullets.

If you use more than 3 bullets, you get the longest amount of time per bullet, but also the most optimal damage output.

It's a simple Concept Call of Duty has been using for years, that could probably apply well here.

If Klei could somehow code it so that each 'Walter Slingshot ammo' does a different amount of damage, that would probably help a lot too.

Prevent's Walter from being too powercreep'd, while also still letting people use and have fun with the slingshot without having to overly nerf it.

6 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

?

You can use it every once and then for a damage boost during a prolonged battle?

That's how strong abilities usually work in video games

Then you remember this video game has characters like Maxwell, Wolfgang, Wanda, etc.

On 12/8/2023 at 8:54 PM, Reecitz said:

I really don't want a cap, but if there HAS to be one, then I have some compromises in mind:

A) The stack amount for embers could increase from 40, maybe 100 at most?

B) Ember variants could be introduced, specifically lunar embers that drop from burning lunar-aligned mobs and shadow embers that drop from shadow-aligned mobs, and they are used to cast their respective affinity spells

C) Both?

I think the alignment skills should allow the willow to craft a respective lighter, requiring a post-rift item as part of the recipie. Then absorbing fires with this lighter, it adds a alignment-themed ember that is effectively the same as normal ones, but it also allows you to cast your alignment spell as well. 

Then just undo this nerf, because the spell will be post-rift content(which alignment skills are arguably supposed to be post-rift anyway) and it's ''oh so powerful'' 750 damage is okay.

Maybe give the lighter a unique property of its own, like the lunar one being brighter

6 minutes ago, cropo said:

I think the alignment skills should allow the willow to craft a respective lighter, requiring a post-rift item as part of the recipie. Then absorbing fires with this lighter, it adds a alignment-themed ember that is effectively the same as normal ones, but it also allows you to cast your alignment spell as well. 

Then just undo this nerf, because the spell will be post-rift content(which alignment skills are arguably supposed to be post-rift anyway) and it's ''oh so powerful'' 750 damage is okay.

Maybe give the lighter a unique property of its own, like the lunar one being brighter

Funny, because I suggested something similar earlier, along the lines of lunar/shadow ember variants dropped by burning mobs who were aligned as such, and were used to cast their respective spells.

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

?

You can use it every once and then for a damage boost during a prolonged battle?

That's how strong abilities usually work in video games

Have you played with this skill using it "once every so often" ?

To me a 14 second cd like... why bother.  Just attacking is better than backing out to just cast once.  It was lack luster before, only good for dumping embers.  The tendrils often miss, it is quite unreliable.  On a 14 second cd?  no thanks.

There is no cd for shadow re-prisoning mobs, or summoning duelists.  There is no cd for Wicker to read her books or Wendy to summon Abi.  Wolfgang doesn't have a cd for going mighty.  I don't see how any of these are not strong abilities, especially compared to Willow who doesn't even out damage the others even with spamming these.

What she gets from shadow tendrils is a safer ranged attack option.  What is the advantage of giving up dps for range when you're already dealing with kiting?  Imagine backing every once and using a single blowgun dart lol

30 minutes ago, Reecitz said:

Funny, because I suggested something similar earlier, along the lines of lunar/shadow ember variants dropped by burning mobs who were aligned as such, and were used to cast their respective spells.

I don't like the idea of aligned mobs dropping their ember because it would mean a shadow aligned Willow would have to kill Shadow aligned enemies to farm embers. I know they're still hostile to you but that feels a bit weird. Plus farming for specific embers would just be annoying due to how scarce certain shadow aligned and lunar aligned enemies can be.

in comparison a themed lighter would allow you to function normally, killing mobs as usual, it just creates an artificial post-rift requirement to use the spells and it's more like you're offering tribute to your alignment and being rewarded for it.

1 minute ago, cropo said:

I don't like the idea of aligned mobs dropping their ember because it would mean a shadow aligned Willow would have to kill Shadow aligned enemies to farm embers. I know they're still hostile to you but that feels a bit weird. Plus farming for specific embers would just be annoying due to how scarce certain shadow aligned and lunar aligned enemies can be.

in comparison a themed lighter would allow you to function normally, killing mobs as usual, it just creates an artificial post-rift requirement to use the spells and it's more like you're offering tribute to your alignment and being rewarded for it.

Doesn't even matter, because we're likely gonna have to wait a week again anyway before we even see what happens. They will listen to one person and one person only; if you're lucky, that person might be you, it worked out for that one brainlet who brought up cooldowns in the first place, despite pretty much everyone disagreeing with them.

Archived