Willow's CD update has caused no one to use this skill anymore

27 minutes ago, Random Guy000 said:

I said "pretty sure" because I wasn't sure, not as a snarky remark

He needs high tier shadow gear for maximim damage output, am I wrong?

You can get dreadstone off of an early ruins rush very easily.  With dread armor, dread helm or his own cap, plus dark sword / thul club the shadow duelists hit for 66 on a dash and 44 on an attack.  Not quite the 90/60 that I think is max damage, but he can summon 6 of these and I'd wager they would out dps Willow's lunar flame.  They both attack and kinda tank b/c they will take aggro and can take a few hits before dying.

I'd say comparing the two - Max wants a bit of gear, but nothing Willow wouldn't ALSO want.  I mean who runs around without armor?  He's infinitely better funded even before Willow got her CD, and probably generally higher power level.  His shadow prison locks down any mob, even bosses.  The duelists run themselves after being summoned.  All of his spells only cost 5% (no cd's of course,) a nm fuel refills the book for 25%.  He spawns in with his book at 100% and 6 nm fuel on the side.  The summons do drop your sanity so you can easily get nm creatures spawned on you - but if you keep up with prison timing and re-summons, that's just gathering fuel.

However we don't know what Max and some of the other top tier characters are going to look after getting a skill tree.  Does Klei have the ambition to actually nerf these people?  Or will they all have their OP kits PLUS new stuff?  idk.

3 hours ago, Shosuko said:

However we don't know what Max and some of the other top tier characters are going to look after getting a skill tree.  Does Klei have the ambition to actually nerf these people?  Or will they all have their OP kits PLUS new stuff?  idk.

Honestly the only one who needs nerfed is Maxwell there's no other upcoming character who skill trees who comes close to how problematic he is. I'd argue the best solution would be to strip him of most of his abilities and feed them back as skills while adding afew minor additions.

23 hours ago, Reecitz said:

Then you remember this video game has characters like Maxwell, Wolfgang, Wanda, etc.

Yeah and those aren't well balanced characters, or designed. At least Maxwell has some good personality, compared to Wolfgang's typical 'strong idiot who is also soviet' and Wanda who's just up her own behind.

On 12/11/2023 at 3:22 AM, Szczuku said:

?

You can use it every once and then for a damage boost during a prolonged battle?

That's how strong abilities usually work in video games

Then it needs to do more damage considering it gets out paced by a early game weapon which doesn't have a cooldown.

Archived