Sharkboi appreciation post

I’ve noticed that 99% of threads in the beta have been about the skill trees and next to no one has mentioned sharkboi excluding a handful of ppl praising the boss when the beta initially released

As a sharkboi enjoyer I’m going to take this lack of posts as a victory, because it means nobody has any problems or criticisms with the boss

So instead I’ve made this thread for ppl to talk about their experiences with the guy and how fun it is and how it’s a very big step in the right direction regarding ocean content (and the lack thereof)

what are your guys opinions on sharkboi?

Absolute marbellous design, this year we are getting some of the best bosses we ever had, only probelm with it is that locating him is almost imposible and the loot needs a tweak.

The boots are great conceptually but i think we should be able to get 20 teleports for fight, the boots should been able to be used multiple times.

Sharkboy statue is going to be spectacular

3 minutes ago, Swiyss said:

Why?

because 2 teleports each 20 days, needing probably 10-15 minutes to go to the boss, prepare for it and fight it. Its simply not worth the time, you spent all that time to get an item that saves you time doing one task, and you would have needed almost the same amount of time doing the task nomally anyway

"I spent 15 minutes getting an item that allows me to do this other task that last 15 minutes instantly" doesnt seem to make sense to me at least.

17 minutes ago, Malfario said:

because 2 teleports each 20 days, needing probably 10-15 minutes to go to the boss, prepare for it and fight it. Its simply not worth the time, you spent all that time to get an item that saves you time doing one task, and you would have needed almost the same amount of time doing the task nomally anyway

"I spent 15 minutes getting an item that allows me to do this other task that last 15 minutes instantly" doesnt seem to make sense to me at least.

I think it makes sense because not only lots of boats can be transfered all over the map at any time you want but also (I think) the boss always show up in the same place, so you can farm him 10 times in around 200 days and have 30 teleports ready for whatever you need them.

Its actually very convinient since the fight isnt that hard, and I think making the boss harder wouldnt justify giving you more loot.

Just now, Jakepeng99 said:

Sharkboi great. My only issue is that it is really easy to prevent most of it's attacks. (E.g hitting it to prevent burrow)

They should make the boss harder after rifts and make him lunar align. Giving him better loot and a harder fight. Then it would make sense.

Just now, Swiyss said:

They should make the boss harder after rifts and make him lunar align. Giving him better loot and a harder fight. Then it would make sense.

I thought he was already lunar aligned, he looks like the lunar version of the nightmare were pig.

But at day 1 him being that easy and giving you 2 to 3 boots I think is fine.

Just now, Jakepeng99 said:

I thought he was already lunar aligned, he looks like the lunar version of the nightmare were pig.

Me 2. But i have no idea.

Its fight is interesting, mechanics-wise, but the loot superfluous if not into boating. Since most servers out there see almost no-activity related to boating outside of main Lunar quest, I suspect this boss will be relegated to Malba's level - ignored by player-base at large; and the fight's complexity isn't helping in such context.

Archived