Poll: Wigfrid's Beefalo Skill Tree

The place of a Beefalo skill tree  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather Wigfrid's beefalo skill tree be removed from her perks?

• Yes, I main Wigfrid and I want this
    • No, I main Wigfrid and I don't want this
    • Yes, I don't main Wigfrid and it seems fitting to her
    • No, I don't main Wigfrid and the perks should have either gone to my character to to every character.

I'm actually generally happy with Wigfrid's entire kit.

If it were released tomorrow, I wouldn't have any major complaints.

I do expect a few adjustments here and there, but I hope it's nothing that makes her 2nd fiddle to Wolfgang or Wanda. I truly think she's competitive with them.

I digress. I'll admit that the beefalo skill tree feels rather out of place. Granted, I'm relatively grateful to have the beefalo skills 1 and 2. I wouldn't mind taming a beefalo quicker than average, but I wouldn't be particularly bothered if the whole tree were replaced with something else.

My original vision for Wigfrid was for her to craft a chariot to hitch two volt goats on like this norse dude right here. You may know him.

image.png.5d1806c893a5e3ad0a7932b144ffe914.png

I'm a little heartbroken that she didn't get that. I hold out misplaced hope that perhaps it's not too late, but I think that maybe it's too late.

To inject a bit of my opinion as a Wigfrid main, perks 3 and 4 in Wigfrid's skill tree are completely and utterly useless. This isn't a dig at the devs, but she is better at fighting than a beefalo is. Why she would want a beefalo in the first place is for transport and literally nothing more. 

The sole utility of a beefalo is the only thing she wants from it as she eclipses it in combat, but not only that, there are no synergies between she and the beefalo unlike Maxwell and Wendy. The Carters must have been polo players. They're right at home atop a beefalo for everything. Wigfrid literally only wants one thing and it's effing disgusting.

Anyway, let us know what you think. 

I really don't see a problem with these perks, they're just a little flavor to make it more thematically interesting I suppose, she's a valkyrie so she can ride, it doesn't need to be the best perk in the world but it's interesting to have it. Wolfgang also received perks like this, which almost didn't do anything very advantageous but added interesting interactions for him, I don't think I'll see Wolfgang whistling around but having this function for me is cool in itself.

But if they were to add a robust talent tree dedicated to songs or beefalo taming/riding, which at least forces you to choose which perks you prefer, I would be totally in favor, since currently it is possible for you to get both combat trees with all the perks, the revive song and the moon/shadows song, the planar defense perk and there's still a point left to take the shield or beefalo if you want... But I'm okay with the way it is too

The poll choices are extremely confusing. You should fix them. It says if you would like the beefalo skills to be removed, and the choices are like "Yes, i main wigfrid it seems fitting for her" "no, i dont main wigfrid i dont want this"

They dont make sense.

I never thought getting a beefalo on Wig was a good idea unless you only got the rider. And even then I can't imagine a lot of Wig mains bother for a just a bit more mobility.

Wormwood has his husk on a beef improve it's dmg

Wendy has Abigail to boost it's dmg

Willow can have Bernie tank for the beef

Warly can feed it spices

Etc, now Wig has an extra pro 

If anything, the skills for a beef might be a little limited. Why not allow beefs to benefit from health Regen? Or have the health Regen song apply to them? Seems like an oversight...

1 minute ago, Jakepeng99 said:

The poll choices are extremely confusing. You should fix them. It says if you would like the beefalo skills to be removed, and the choices are like "Yes, i main wigfrid it seems fitting for her" "no, i dont main wigfrid i dont want this"

They dont make sense.

yeah ur right lol

whoops

34 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

The brightshade sword and armour work on the beefalo too.

How does the sword improve beefalo's damage? It usually doesn't matter what melee weapon you're holding when mounted, it doesn't affect beefalo's output.

2 minutes ago, Lovens said:

How does the sword improve beefalo's damage? It usually doesn't matter what melee weapon you're holding when mounted, it doesn't affect beefalo's output.

Lunar Guardian II (the skill that summons tentacles when you attack with a brightshade sword) triggers when you attack with a beefalo while holding a brightshade sword.

Might be a bug but it hasn't been fixed 2 patches later so might as well be a feature.

Just let her passively gain insight while riding a skill tree spec’d Beefalo & everything that’s been broken about Wigfrid since her song scroll including refresh will instantly be fixed.

I was a secondary Wigfrid main if I wasn’t playing Wendy, I played Wigfrid.. and when she got her rework- I hated it so much I stopped playing as Wigfrid altogether.

Mostly because the forums felt she was quote “fine as is” so she remained mostly the same while everyone else got cool new interesting combat perks and abilities.

Inspiration (in its original implementation) could only be gained while in combat, which left non-combat inspiration scrolls to see very few uses.

However, if Wigfrids Beef were to passively build this up like a Wolfgang working out then she would have Inspiration to use outside of boss fights.

This could potentially open up a whole new Dynamic for Wigfrid.

It would equally be cool if she could use the shield “block” or spear dash while mounted.

Blocking damage (not just negating it with battle armor) that your Fur Cow takes just makes sense.

Klei needs to give Wigfrid an easier to craft version of the Beefalo Brush if she’s gonna become the designated Beefalo Tamer though..

27 minutes ago, Lovens said:

23 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

Lunar Guardian II (the skill that summons tentacles when you attack with a brightshade sword) triggers when you attack with a beefalo while holding a brightshade sword.

Might be a bug but it hasn't been fixed 2 patches later so might as well be a feature.

This. (It works the same as the bramble husk)

Also the lunar guardian skill which stuns mobs works too.

Your poll and questions are a bit confusing.

"Would you rather her beefalo perks are removed"

Yes should be agreeing it is removed, and No should be disagreeing with it being removed.

It seems only from your 3rd and 4th option this is not the case.

idk if we can trust these poll results b/c of this ambiguity. 

the beafalo skill tree is very strange to the Wigrefried, although I'm not main Wigrefried,I don't think Wigrefried need to train the beefalo. 

if the beeflao skill tree is nothing but accord with Wigrefried's background , I'd rather think the skill tree should be removed.

I don't think the most players really care about the background,the background must service for gameplay,such as "WOW",its background is changed frequently,but if the game is funny, no-one really care.

14 hours ago, Arcwell said:

Watch them ignore this for a while so people get used to it and have fun with it only for them to decide on a whim, out of the blue that its a bug and remove it without comment like the animation locking for panflute and wicker books… 

Why not add a feature that will sweep every three attacks to deal area damage?

In fact,I like the setting of the Sprint skill, but I don't like binding this skill to a new Lightning Spear. It can be said that I oppose the addition of a new Spear. I hope her Sprint skill can be completed using the Battle Spear, instead of making a new Lightning Spear.

Meanwhile, the design of spear attacks that gain additional combat intent is not as effective as directly increasing the durability of combat spears.

As for the new helmet being equally unpopular, it's better to add everything directly to the original combat helmet so that she can obtain these new abilities at a low cost.

笔记

Wigfrid  is one of my favorite characters,  and I wait her skill tree for a long time. I think the befallo skill tree brand can not match with Wigfrid, as a valkyrie,  the varg can be her mount, besides, what's the meaning of beefalo training,  my valkyrie usually fight with the battle spear,  wendy may be more suitable for the skill tree. 

Archived