Hail warning?

Actually… if it kicks open the door to having harsher weather (like tornadoes & floods) then Maybe Klei can add something like a Tornado Alarm.

(it’s basically a long pole with a loud noise making set of speakers on top that will blare out when a tornado has been confirmed)

In fact I have just the mob in mind to accompany it! 

161EC9E2-6731-4604-BF58-D100BCDEC129.thumb.jpeg.00f0d442d55265595d28a16190e481cb.jpeg

change his beak to a horn, make them catchable somehow.. 3 of these sitting on a watchers pole and can sound a loud weather alarm when danger is incoming.

I haven't seen the DST version of hail yet--how much is it like the Shipwrecked version?

firebath.png.7fb8db47d0b78d5f52aada7718dd35a7.png

(Random Shipwrecked screenshot. I thought I had some pics of hail happening, but  I don't. Instead, enjoy this photo of a campfire taking a bath. :P)

Does it break some smaller things but not others, and can you kinda sorta cook with it like you can with regular ice?

I'm way way WAY behind on newer stuff in the game, heh. :/

...Notorious

4 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Does it break some smaller things but not others, and can you kinda sorta cook with it like you can with regular ice?

Doesn't break anything, just damages players currently. Chance to drop as glass. It's not actual real hail, it's glass.
That's pretty much it, you can hide under tree shade to protect yourself or use an Umbralla.

Glass?! Well, THAT I wasn't expecting. Sounds like it could be semi-related to the sandtorm, then. Get it? Because...sand...glass...

...I'll show myself out.

Anyway, sounds like a much milder version of us suddenly living on planet HD 189733b: aka the planet where it "rains glass sideways". Heh.

...Notorious

2 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Glass?! Well, THAT I wasn't expecting. Sounds like it could be semi-related to the sandtorm, then. Get it? Because...sand...glass...

...I'll show myself out.

Anyway, sounds like a much milder version of us suddenly living on planet HD 189733b: aka the planet where it "rains glass sideways". Heh.

...Notorious

You can toggle rifts on in world Gen settings to experience the new lunar hail- and people REALLY Need to stop telling me I need to beat 7 Bosses to have any say in how a Global map wide weather effect works. :evil:

Personally I find the Lunar hail to be rather.. Boring & lackluster.

let me explain: Acid Rain (the caves weather effect) doesn’t JUST rain Acid.. it also gives some weird stat boost to Batalisks, and blocks ponds off with Nitre Formations. 

Lunar Hail: So far I’ve only see it damage the players health if bonked by it, and it’s a decent source of both Moon Glass and Infused Moon Shards.

But to the best of my Knowledge it doesn’t do Cool Stuff like boost Batalisks or seal ponds off with Nitre.

I guess there’s Lunar Frog Rain.. but I’ve yet to experience frogs when Lunar Hail starts.

Could be a problem with Console Edition though.. as Many people are reporting Pearl not coughing up the sawhorse BP.

3 hours ago, BezKa said:

pretty ding ding ding sound when it falls

yeah I love hearing that sound. Maybe when hail mechanics become fixed or improved, they could make it like acid rain where it consumes durability of waterproof items since glass is sharp and makes tears? 

On 10/25/2023 at 11:15 AM, -Variant said:

I can't really say this is a true warning, but like with rain, the sky ought to dim a fraction right when it starts. That's how I've been keeping track.

never noticed this. might be too difficult to notice? I hope they can give a couple of seconds warning. or at least when hail starts, it doesn't start damaging you right away

Archived