Regular Deerclops is now too hard to kite

Love your game.  I think the new question-mark pointers are nice for new players.  I *guess* the zombie bosses will add new challenge for very advanced players, but with only 1.4K hours of play, I'm not comfortable soloing most bosses.

I *was* comfortable soloing Deerclops because I knew how to kite it, but that's not true any more.  It's become much more difficult.  Why, Klei, why?  Do I just think I hate hard boss fights but actually I love them?  If I secretly love them, why don't I fight them?

I really haven't learned to enjoy multiplayer DST.  I probably have 200 hrs of trying?  It's so rare that I find someone I want to play with.  And most bosses are not challenging with 6-12 players.  I'm sure you're concerned about cheating, but I think this would be a much better game if boss health scaled with the number of players.

Suggestion: When a boss is aggro'd, count the number of players on the server 1 minute earlier and scale boss health to that.

Update: I figured it out.  It's not terribly much harder, just maybe 40% harder.

I still don't see how you're going to get new players into this game.  I tried to get 2 of my friends into it (multiplayer) and they got too frustrated by about the 3rd day of winter.

4 hours ago, Uncrushed said:

I really haven't learned to enjoy multiplayer DST.  I probably have 200 hrs of trying?  It's so rare that I find someone I want to play with.  And most bosses are not challenging with 6-12 players.  I'm sure you're concerned about cheating, but I think this would be a much better game if boss health scaled with the number of players.

Suggestion: When a boss is aggro'd, count the number of players on the server 1 minute earlier and scale boss health to that.

Update: I figured it out.  It's not terribly much harder, just maybe 40% harder.

I still don't see how you're going to get new players into this game.  I tried to get 2 of my friends into it (multiplayer) and they got too frustrated by about the 3rd day of winter.

This literally has nothing to do with deerclops being harder lmao.

No, Deerclops was mad easier to kite now- just run between her legs so the arching block of ice doesn’t hit you.

Im trying to learn how to fight Crab King and my god.. this is likely my least favorite thing I’ve ever done in any video game I’ve ever played.

It would help ALOT if I had other players as the developers intended… but fighting this thing alone is a timing mini game of hit it a few times, then rowing your boat out of the way of geysers.. Deerclops you just simply run behind her every time she attempts to ice smash you.

Lunar Deerclops- Well uhm.. bring fire.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

No, Deerclops was mad easier to kite now- just run between her legs so the arching block of ice doesn’t hit you.

Im trying to learn how to fight Crab King and my god.. this is likely my least favorite thing I’ve ever done in any video game I’ve ever played.

It would help ALOT if I had other players as the developers intended… but fighting this thing alone is a timing mini game of hit it a few times, then rowing your boat out of the way of geysers.. Deerclops you just simply run behind her every time she attempts to ice smash you.

Lunar Deerclops- Well uhm.. bring fire.

Simply cheese ck bc that pos fight deserves nothijg but the worst (beemines, its very easy)

3 minutes ago, IAmAFurrz said:

Simply cheese ck bc that pos fight deserves nothijg but the worst (beemines, its very easy)

This is actually what I’m doing now, and I don’t feel like it should ever be patched, it gives bee mines a great use, and it just feels satisfying watching all those bees sting it in the ugly face.

Ive been attempting to do this for HOURS though…. And it’s getting annoying, I don’t play DST to commit 8 hours into performing one teeny tiny little task.

I don’t like this type of content, but it’s something I’ll HAVE to do if I want to ever unlock the Lunar/Shadow Affinities (cause Wormwood and Saladmanders is all I need to say..)

I've seen a glitch where in the caves, you can build a wall and a door, and close the door to shut yourself out into the void, then later `/rescue` yourself to get back onto land.  It works on the ocean too.  I bet there are a lot of great ways to cheese CK when you don't even have a boat - you're just walking on water.

2 hours ago, Uncrushed said:

I've seen a glitch where in the caves, you can build a wall and a door, and close the door to shut yourself out into the void, then later `/rescue` yourself to get back onto land.  It works on the ocean too.  I bet there are a lot of great ways to cheese CK when you don't even have a boat - you're just walking on water.

You will drown if you do that.

On 10/23/2023 at 5:12 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Crab King is admittedly quite frustrating Solo. Get a friend to help out and its much much easier and faster.
This is the only time I'll agree with you always going on about "multiple players fighting a boss as the developers intended" as literally every other boss can easily be done solo if you just adjust and take on different strategies or bring some tasty cheese with you. 
A much MUCH easier strategy is freezing him when he tries to cast Geysers, rowing your boat out of the way is much more painful and time intensive. Just take a TON of Ice Staffs and freeze the hell out of him anytime he tries to use his goddamn Geysers. 

Archived