Armored Bearger's blASSt radius.

image.png.ce3be477327fa6f9a00286ee4e602a82.png

The sitting attack range is so big, Even with my attempts to dodge it, I can't do it.

I will however try to adapt, but the range is absolutely absurd. Don't patch it until I get a hitless win. 

Just saying, it's a little crazy. That blASSt is seriously no joke. 

If it's intended, the real dark souls has begun.  

I probably can do it hitless given enough time, but I did successfully beat high blASSt radius A.Bearger but I needed speed boost from a cane and walking cane.

image.thumb.png.4bc4b31cd4cdeeb763688e4e0e7c0af6.png

Above is starting kit. 

Below is what I finished the fight with

image.thumb.png.c3ec3ab51d9a8472afdacf6f01bdb1f5.png

Having relatively safely defeated this boss, and if I were in the zone, I could probably do it hitless too, I don't think the new sitting slam radius is fair. The pothole created is fine and almost arbitrary to add. Whatever. It's fluff to me, but keep it in for all I care, but the shockwave is a little unfair and to be frank a little gatekeeping to the enterprising boss killer. 

image.png.f659c681646671ce864fee83c6208b5e.png

5 minutes ago, Gashzer said:

Can Howlitzer or darts trigger armoured bearger's stun? 

Gives these weapons abit of needed use if this AoE blast range is to stay.

Howlitzer can, blowdarts cannot.

Anything that deals planar damage can trigger Armored Bearger's stun (provided you can hit it in time, twice).

Just now, Arcwell said:

Howlitzer can, blowdarts cannot.

Anything that deals planar damage can trigger Armored Bearger's stun (provided you can hit it in time, twice).

Thats nice so you will have a tough first fight with armoured bearger until you unlock howlitzer then refighting him will become alot easier? I kinda like this for a very very late game boss.

Hopefully Walter gets some planar rounds an can shoot abit faster with a upgraded slingshot 2.0 craft of some kind. Then he would have a unique advantage for this fight.

56 minutes ago, Reiko24 said:

If it is hard to dodge and you need a speed boost then I think it's okay if it's possible to do.

Betrays the initial design philosophy stated in the stream where it wasn't necessary to have speed boosts to combat the new bosses. Bearger hits so hard that even Wigfrid dies in fewer than 10 hits with thulecite armor. I really don't see how the current iteration is doable without speed boost. last patch definitely was. 

Again, I'm able to do it, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm a 4000hr hound. I want more people to challenge bosses and I don't want new players to go splat and get discouraged. 

Just now, chirsg said:

Betrays the initial design philosophy stated in the stream where it wasn't necessary to have speed boosts to combat the new bosses. Bearger hits so hard that even Wigfrid dies in fewer than 10 hits with thulecite armor. I really don't see how the current iteration is doable without speed boost. last patch definitely was. 

Again, I'm able to do it, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm a 4000hr hound. I want more people to challenge bosses and I don't want new players to go splat and get discouraged. 

Games are about trial and error. And the current design philosophy is (in my opinion only) flawed. Many bosses require speed boosts, such as Celestial Champion, and bosses post-Celestial Champion should be as easy or even easier than their weaker counterparts? That's weird. Late game bosses should be a challenge.

"New players" will not go splat and be discouraged, they played the game for so long that they defeated the Celestial Champion, this required a lot of trial and error. Requiring skill and dying again from new actually hard content will make the experience more fresh.

10 minutes ago, chirsg said:

new players to go splat  

Lol new players wont make it to this boss. No need to balance them for noobs.

As an old player of DST its hard for me to find time to play dst for long enough to reach CC even tho im good at the game.

I start a new world play for around 50 days. Maybe dont play again for 3 weeks and forget what im doin in that world so i just want to start over again lol... its a vicious cycle.

This took like 50 attempts.

The window of time to attack after dodging without speed boost is VERY small. I would guess about 0.2 seconds at most. If your character delays in attacking for any reason, you miss the window.

My biggest problem is that the hitbox really doesn't match the visual at all. I have had several attempts where I've been hit when I thought for sure I was out of range.

52 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

This took like 50 attempts.

The window of time to attack after dodging without speed boost is VERY small. I would guess about 0.2 seconds at most. If your character delays in attacking for any reason, you miss the window.

My biggest problem is that the hitbox really doesn't match the visual at all. I have had several attempts where I've been hit when I thought for sure I was out of range.

that's extreme patience and skill, but it proves my point outside of using range. 

I have been thinking about the planar range argument defending the increase in the damage radius and the frames it comes out on, but the fight becomes almost trivial and takes away from the game. You've squeeze the pure melee option to almost frame perfect application in order to beat this boss.

It's not healthy. Good job on completing the speedless armored bearger and stunning him, but I don't think it's the way to go. 

However if it stays, we have solutions lol.

Hey Chrisg you need to join me on DST Endless. 

we are rb so we can fight the Bear over and over.

My question I fight the bear but I do not get the loot to make the new weapons.  What do I need to get the thing to take to the archives?

I have been using the howlizer we are able to kill him.  Stun sometimes.   

5 minutes ago, Be2014 said:

My question I fight the bear but I do not get the loot to make the new weapons.  What do I need to get the thing to take to the archives?

You need to beat not only armored bearger, but also crystal deerclops and horror varg. 

The spark ark won't drop unless you beat all 3.

1 hour ago, Arcwell said:

If your character delays in attacking for any reason, you miss the window.

I do agree with the posts here that the timer has gotten much tighter.

I was able to do it, but I had to use a trick where I stopped walking for a second and then continue walking in order to do it without speed boosts and to mostly avoid the buttslam quake.

I did do anim spam attacking, but that's cause I'm short on time right now and need to go somewhere.

16 hours ago, -Variant said:

I don't actually think this is intended, especially not with the FX not even getting a chance to play before the damage procs.

Yup, that seems to be the case. Here it is in slow-mo:

1 hour ago, chirsg said:

You need to beat not only armored bearger, but also crystal deerclops and horror varg. 

The spark ark won't drop unless you beat all 3.

Chirsg do I need to do all three in the same year? I have defeated the DeerClops, and the Varg.  I have gotten the ark once.  But this time fighting the Bear it does not drop?

5 minutes ago, Be2014 said:

Chirsg do I need to do all three in the same year? I have defeated the DeerClops, and the Varg.  I have gotten the ark once.  But this time fighting the Bear it does not drop?

yeah. you need to do all 3 in the same year, unfortunately. 

We are asking the developers to change it in the forums currently, because a lot of us don't think it's enough

8 minutes ago, chirsg said:

We are asking the developers to change it in the forums currently, because a lot of us don't think it's enough

I kill the bear, so now I need

kill the Varg and then the DC will the the arc drop when I kill the deerclops?

• Developer

Hey guys the ground pound range is a bug.  We're currently fixing up ground pounds in general so that the FX actually matches the damage radius.  There is actually a bug in the old ground pounds where the damage radius is way smaller than the FX radius.  We will match everything to the old damage radius of each affected creature for these fixes.

2 hours ago, chirsg said:

What?!??!??!

is there a time gap where you need to kill the three?

5 minutes ago, Valase said:

What?!??!??!

is there a time gap where you need to kill the three?

No, you don't need to kill a 3 in the same year, you just need to kill each unique mutant (deerclops, bearger, varg). It's just that you have to wait a year everytime you want to do this b/c of the boss respawn timers, but Vito has already said here that they are, in his words, "working on ... making it easier to obtain additional Spark Arks after the first time you've completed the quest normally".

Archived