Please let us sit on tree stumps too

31 minutes ago, mykenception said:

they disappear after a while even when its loaded. and the "while" part is like a few seasons I think? I don't exactly know the numbers

Really? Weird programming choice. I would understand it being done performance-wise, but the tree stumps are the same as trees in terms of hitboxes, and the trees surely took more resources and they don't disappear.

7 minutes ago, Reiko24 said:

Really? Weird programming choice. I would understand it being done performance-wise, but the tree stumps are the same as trees in terms of hitboxes, and the trees surely took more resources and they don't disappear.

I'm glad they disappear in a way. I don't think its worth the effort a lot of the time to dig up stumps manually. I'd rather burn stumps if I chop trees by axe.

17 minutes ago, chirsg said:

I'm glad they disappear in a way. I don't think its worth the effort a lot of the time to dig up stumps manually. I'd rather burn stumps if I chop trees by axe.

if you plant 100 trees and dig up their stumps, you get additional 5 stacks of logs, it is worth the effort imo

6 minutes ago, Reiko24 said:

if you plant 100 trees and dig up their stumps, you get additional 5 stacks of logs, it is worth the effort imo

the time sink isn't. There are characters and methods in which you can uproot stumps, but if you're just using axe, it's usually more fruitful to cut trees, gather logs, burn stumps and replant the cones.

Saying that, when chopping trees manually, I use woodie so digging up stumps is simple.

Max auto digs with workers.

But when I'm established in a world, I always use bearger.

There's a whole four-season set of Reign of Giants promo art where Wilson's sitting on a birchnut tree stump, so I think this should be added to the game.

I'm not worried about the stumps disappearing, because firstly they don't despawn quickly, and secondly, if that happens you can just plant another tree in the same spot and chop that down if you haven't unlocked actual chairs or you like the stumps better.

2 hours ago, Reiko24 said:

tree stumps don't disappear by themselves though?

not only that but they make disappear all logs and pines arround the stump

honestly, a bad thing considering that logs ara always useful while stingers, hound teeth, winter feast food and rot dont have a despawn mechanic

1 hour ago, arubaro said:

not only that but they make disappear all logs and pines arround the stump

honestly, a bad thing considering that logs ara always useful while stingers, hound teeth, winter feast food and rot dont have a despawn mechanic

So that's why my whole wood harvest that I was too lazy to pick up disappeared... twice...

4 hours ago, Reiko24 said:

It is to regrow forests. It is essential to world regrowth and can not be removed. They could remove it for specifically self planted trees.

Okay but if we ACTUALLY end up getting to sit on tree stumps, (which disappear over time at some point) I would like for us to also be able to sit on tombstones.

IMG_5339.jpeg.d09f1b77e35553f981ef3f521e89998b.jpeg

It’s October.. the Month of Spooky, of course I’m gonna suggest this.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay but if we ACTUALLY end up getting to sit on tree stumps, (which disappear over time at some point) I would like for us to also be able to sit on tombstones.

IMG_5339.jpeg.d09f1b77e35553f981ef3f521e89998b.jpeg

It’s October.. the Month of Spooky, of course I’m gonna suggest this.

I think that we should be able to toggle-on gravestone sitting if that is the case - it should be OPT IN and not OPT OUT.

6 hours ago, Uedo said:

I think that we should be able to toggle-on gravestone sitting if that is the case - it should be OPT IN and not OPT OUT.

At that point you may as well use the console command that already exists: Hover your mouse over the object (gravestone in this case, but it works for anything) and input this into the console.

c_select():AddComponent("sittable")

image.thumb.png.ce4c9ba4233ebf755f8a86a29d03d91c.png

5 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

At that point you may as well use the console command that already exists: Hover your mouse over the object (gravestone in this case, but it works for anything) and input this into the console.

c_select():AddComponent("sittable")

image.thumb.png.ce4c9ba4233ebf755f8a86a29d03d91c.png

Oh bless you, I wasn't being serious - I was playing the fool :P

Cool command though 

Archived